Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:15 PM, Obinna said:

You are probably right but I would hope clubs seeking value will look past the name. If he can do it at Puebla he can do it anywhere in Mexico.

And maybe get better service while he's at it... Puebla werent bad at some points, but there are many teams where he'd be surrounded by better players overall.

But it's not only "clubs looking past", you just get much more attention/coverage at a higher profile club like Pumas, and the games you play are viewed as more important.

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats! 4 years! I'm happy for him & his young family.

Beyond well deserved! Good loyalty on his part signing with the club that believed in him and gave him the opportunity..... "after watching him in the Gold Cup" ;) .

Now that his "club career" is set for the next 4 years, the "focusing on club" becomes less of a viable excuse.

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm assuming LIGA MX, breaks during the international windows?, unlike MLS? :)

Edited by apbsmith

I am also sure, as posted, that this means an important jump in pay and really does consolidate his club and professional career.

It also sets up Puebla properly for transferring him out, as not just any rival team can come along and poach him and pay him more. Though I am sure they'll look for the transfer on the basis of his goals if the offer if good enough. And he is probably thinking the same.

He should stay in Mexico but if he does leave Mexico then he should go to the MLS but which teams could he go to?

5 hours ago, Tg11 said:

He should stay in Mexico but if he does leave Mexico then he should go to the MLS but which teams could he go to?

Sorry, but no.  MLS is below Liga MX.  We need our guys playing against the strongest competition they can. If Cav leaves Mexico, it should only be for a stronger league.

Edited by dyslexic nam

22 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Sorry, but no.  MLS is below Liga MX.  We need our guys playing against the stringers competition they can. If Cav leaves Mexico, it should only be for a stronger league.

I agree with you but then which leagues can he go to? Or which teams would want him?

4 minutes ago, HochelagaFC said:

He could stay where he is. 

Exactly which is in Mexico but then people also want him to leave Liga MX

Sometimes ppl on this board confuse, not trying to make this a personal attack, but was the last 5 posts an actual discussion?

Guy just signs a 4 year deal with a club in LIGA MX with a club he's been bossing it up, up front.......and we are talking about where he should transfer??? ? ?

Let's encourage and support the man, hope he continues to shine/improve/bag goals, and accepts the call when it comes.

That is all. Period.

Edited by apbsmith

If Cavallini went to MLS, I think  that it would be his last resort. Unless a club would pay him a lot of money.

As for Europe, I think he still can get there, but consistant scoring in Liga MX will get him there.

Edited by Blackdude

3 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

If Cavallini went to MLS, I think  that it would be his last resort. Unless a club would pay him a lot of money.

As for Europe, I think he still can get there, but consistant scoring in Liga MX will get him there.

Yeah but in MLS good fits for him definitely would be Vancouver Whitecaps, Montreal Impact or even DC United

40 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

Yeah but in MLS good fits for him definitely would be Vancouver Whitecaps, Montreal Impact or even DC United

Can’t imagine him at any of those clubs, or those clubs paying a transfer fee for him, and he said MLS isn’t on his radar till the end of his career

1 minute ago, jordan said:

Can’t imagine him at any of those clubs, or those clubs paying a transfer fee for him, and he said MLS isn’t on his radar till the end of his career

Even if that is true then yeah he should stay in Liga MX and honestly it is the best place for him game-wise. He is getting playing time and is becoming something out there.

5 hours ago, apbsmith said:

Sometimes ppl on this board confuse, not trying to make this a personal attack, but was the last 5 posts an actual discussion?

Guy just signs a 4 year deal with a club in LIGA MX with a club he's been bossing it up, up front.......and we are talking about where he should transfer??? ? ?

Let's encourage and support the man, hope he continues to shine/improve/bag goals, and accepts the call when it comes.

That is all. Period.

I think it is because signing your striker to a four year contract, after receiving offers for him from rival teams, is a way of setting up for a transfer. So in fact the longer contract is his way of allowing the club to get more from him. And getting paid more as well, I would imagine. It works that way. A guy with three years left on a contract that is making good money and scoring can only go up, and both club and player understand that.

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:25 AM, apbsmith said:

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm assuming LIGA MX, breaks during the international windows?, unlike MLS? :)

They dont play this time of year. It's a short season format: Apertura starts towards the end of July and ends in December, while Clausura goes from begining of January till end of May. (edit: oh sorry, for some reason I read that as, "are they on break now.")

I see a lot of comment here about the quality of Liga MX, and I'm curious how many of you actually watch the league?

Edited by Shakmur

25 minutes ago, Shakmur said:

They dont play this time of year. It's a short season format: Apertura starts towards the end of July and ends in December, while Clausura goes from begining of January till end of May. (edit: oh sorry, for some reason I read that as, "are they on break now.")

I see a lot of comment here about the quality of Liga MX, and I'm curious how many of you actually watch the league?

Thanks for the edit, well aware of the two seasons.

Back to original question, they do in fact break during the FIFA international windows correct?

I personally, only catch about 8-10 games a year when I go down to Florida for a month on the latino channels. In my opinion, the defending is actually much stronger in compared to MLS and the game is played at a much faster pace, with less "space" and time on the ball. However, my sample size is likely not as big as yours.

Willing to hear your take on the league as a whole.

7 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think it is because signing your striker to a four year contract, after receiving offers for him from rival teams, is a way of setting up for a transfer. So in fact the longer contract is his way of allowing the club to get more from him. And getting paid more as well, I would imagine. It works that way. A guy with three years left on a contract that is making good money and scoring can only go up, and both club and player understand that.

Fair enough, well said.  My comments had more to do with all the talk about an MLS transfer & I guess a bit of my own personal bias and opinion. At the very least I don't see a move happening in the imminent future (next 2 season: Apertura & Clausura - 12 months).

I do agree a possible move to Europe could happen one day, but in my opinion I just felt the transfer talk in general was still quite a bit pre mature.

However to each there own. :)

Cheers

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

We agreed we don't want to see Cavallini in an easier league scoring, we want him to score in MX or tougher.  

I mean if he is in an easier league then that allows him to get sloppy but if he is playing in a tougher league like MX or any other he is playing against the best. Isn't that what you want for him? To think he will be 28/29 by the time 2022 hits which means he may not have that much left in the tank by then. Think about it next cycle Qatar 2022 if we qualify yeah sure he will be our best player or probably one of our best but then if we don't qualify for 2022 and instead we are there in 2026 as one of the 3 hosts he will be 33/34 by then. So would he even be around by then internationally for us? You never know...that's my point. Either way let's just agree that right now he is lighting it up in Mexico for his squad Puebla. However, what it comes down to is consistency.