Hanson Boakai

Wonder if he had stayed with FCE would he have been given a Canadian Generation Addidas contract... would FCE have lost both he and Shome that would of been an interesting situation. However hope he turns it around and CPL around the corner could be enticing for him to return to help build up the league players like him would be ideal.

2 hours ago, hamiltonfan said:

guys...it will be OK i personally guarantee that.  Interested in the group's take on different option thought.

'Lebanon and Algeria top flight, South America strong second division and lower half first, and top European lower division (ex. Italy and Spain 3rd).'

How many of these are actual options for Boakai? Outside of the tweet with a photo of him training with a Lebanese club, I haven't seen any indication that he's going to actually sign somewhere.

I would assume he's playing for nait next season with sadi jalali .. both bored out there minds ... once asked johann smith about hating colin miller .. said he hated him .. asked him about hanson all of sudden was quiet with no comment. wasnt ready to be a professional maturity wise

Hanson is still a fantastic talent. His reputation and lack of maturity obviously hurt him. He was the guy that would save Canadian soccer before Davies came into the mix............funny thing is they both come from the same background, Liberian/Canadian, grew up in similar circumstances in Edmonton, very similar youth systems in terms of clubs, schools, provincial programs etc...................the biggest difference and what contributed to Hansons' lack of maturity was the people that surrounded him.............great people but they got his head too big, hyped him up way too much, celebrated and cheered on a nutmeg even though the rest of the game Hanson did nothing to contribute to his development...........I think leaving FC was the best thing for him, I think him struggling over the past year will help him both realize that he still has a lot to do and humble him a bit................imagine a national team with Hanson and Davies on the wings, with that creativity, flare, speed and skill.........as a fan that would be must watch soccer.

We still talk about Boakai like its 2013. The fact is he hasn't done anything lately to have people still be this excited about him. This may sound harsh, but honestly if he got back on the senior national team roster at this point it would require a massive turnaround.

Edited by lazlo_80
spelling

Thanks for that.  It is hard to separate the hype from reality sometimes, and an agent pumping up their client isn't something that I take as a reliable metric for potential.  I wish him all the best, but I have no real idea of how good he is (or is not) - and popping up to play footy in Lebanon doesn't seem like the kind of thing that would warrant comparisons to Davies based on current form.

The Canadian Messi ? They are serious? Ya the guy has some skill but really? No wonder he's not playing with any solid teams. If  potential club sees that They'll just laugh him and think he's a joke. Messi is scores GOALS and is one of greatest soccer players of ALL time. 

Hanson needs to fire his agent and the hype machine. Go sign or get a try out with a decent club play a year or two play a solid game, score some goals, wins some games and move up. 

Ya put some videos out and show your skill but man stop the bullshit with Messi. 

He is certainly no Messi but then again who is?  Watching that video makes me think if he gets his head on straight, starts listening to some intelligent advisors/coaches, and gets some playing time in a half decent league that he could play himself back into the mix.  Probably not right away but in a couple of years who knows.  He has some solid ball control and if he ever learns to finish ...

15 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

The Canadian Messi ? They are serious? Ya the guy has some skill but really? No wonder he's not playing with any solid teams. If  potential club sees that They'll just laugh him and think he's a joke. Messi is scores GOALS and is one of greatest soccer players of ALL time. 

Hanson needs to fire his agent and the hype machine. Go sign or get a try out with a decent club play a year or two play a solid game, score some goals, wins some games and move up. 

Ya put some videos out and show your skill but man stop the bullshit with Messi. 

LFA is a former agency...as an FYI 

I hope that Boakai can make a big comeback. We look at players like Jamar Dixon and the 26 year journey he had to get into the picture. If Boakai can get his head down and work hard, there is no reason to believe that he couldn't be a great player. Hopefully the last couple of months were humbling enough to make him work hard and not give up.

Hopefully Boakai finally has his head on straight and starts putting the effort in to match the obvious toolset he has.

That being said, I'll believe he has his head on straight when I see it. I was one of his biggest backers when he first came onto the scene in the 2014 Voyageurs Cup, and it was evident only a year later that he was half-assing things in Edmonton. When you get cut from the Swedish third division with a contract that was paid for by sponsors, that has to be humbling.

He just needs to sign somewhere, put some effort in, get minutes, and show what he can do on the pitch. Time for him to prove to us he's not a shittier version of Freddy Adu.

Maybe it's time to realize Hanson isn't as good as those couple games for canada U-20 .. Is it possible he isn't able to make the same impact as against men as the under 15, 17, 20, 23

Trialed in Germany .. Didn't get signed

Trailed in Spain ... Didn't get signed 

Signed in Croatia ... Didn't get signed

Trialed in Albania ... Didn't get signed

Linked to TFC .. Nothing happened, they probably called Colin Miller and got scared off

Signed in Sweden .. Got cut three months later or funding pulled. Not sure which one. 

Training in Lebanon ... Didn't know lebanon had a professional league 

Not holding my breathe anymore .. Watch a Hanson youtube clip and can see all the talent and skill in the world

What could be good for him is going back to FCE if nothing occurs in Europe. If he can get back on track it would be great for him and his future obviously. He does have the talent and he is someone that needs a bit more nurturing in the game. Also maybe going to Ottawa Fury or San Fran... any Canadian friendly team in USL/NASL would be ideal for him as well. Will see what will happen for this young canuck...

1 hour ago, yothat said:

... Didn't get signed Signed in Sweden .. Got cut three months later or funding pulled. Not sure which one. 

Landskrona were in a batte for first place (and promotion) and thought signing him could give them the edge. However he failed to make an impact and they let the title slip. Not saying that was all on him but it's safe to say his stay there wasn't a succes. 

Agree with your post. I know he's still young but if the penny doesn't drop soon, I'm also giving up on the guy. 

Edited by shamrock

17 minutes ago, shamrock said:

Landskrona were in a batte for first place (and promotion) and thought signing him could I've them the edge. However he failed to make an impact and they let the title slip away. Not saying that is all on him but it's safe to say his stay there wasn't a succes. 

Agree with your post. I know he's still young but if the penny doesn't drop soon, I'm also giving up on the guy. 

this is the swedish third division lol  not the first or second ...

Edited by yothat

Call me a pessimist, but I'll be surprised if he's still playing pro soccer in 2 years, let alone starting at a decent level or back in the CMNT picture. 20 isn't that young in soccer, especially when you haven't played any meaningful 1st team minutes in 2 years. I'd say at this point it's more of a question of whether he goes on to have a meaningful professional career or not, rather than how well he'd pair with Davies, etc.

I hope I eat crow, but don't think I will, and he wouldn't be the first or the last highly rated prospect to be working a Joe-job by his mid-twenties.

Edited by A_Gagne

7 hours ago, yothat said:

Maybe it's time to realize Hanson isn't as good as those couple games for canada U-20 .. Is it possible he isn't able to make the same impact as against men as the under 15, 17, 20, 23

Trialed in Germany .. Didn't get signed

Trailed in Spain ... Didn't get signed 

Signed in Croatia ... Didn't get signed

Trialed in Albania ... Didn't get signed

Linked to TFC .. Nothing happened, they probably called Colin Miller and got scared off

Signed in Sweden .. Got cut three months later or funding pulled. Not sure which one. 

Training in Lebanon ... Didn't know lebanon had a professional league 

Not holding my breathe anymore .. Watch a Hanson youtube clip and can see all the talent and skill in the world

Cap Him!