Hanson Boakai

3 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Jesus fuck, at this rate he'll be off trialing for a 3rd Division team in Mongolia and then a week later with Real Madrid.

He keeps moving around so quickly, certain reports and rumours always say he's landed somewhere and it ends up not being the case. 

Let's trust official sources from now 

7 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

He keeps moving around so quickly, certain reports and rumours always say he's landed somewhere and it ends up not being the case. 

Let's trust official sources from now 

Well its kinda like he has ended up everywhere it has been reported. Looks like a residence permit issue was the problem.

http://www.sempionenews.it/sport/caronnese-presentazione-tra-lentusiasmo/ 

Hanson Tamba Boakai, earlier in Landskrona and Edmonton, on which we are now understanding Timing for obtaining a residence permit. 

12 minutes ago, shamrock said:

Notoriously bad on paying out wages though...

If he gets $1 it will be more than he's been getting so well worth it...

But seriously, a ton of Australians have had major issues not only with being paid, but even worse in breaking free once they cancel their contract over the non-payment issue. The Romanians fight it, and delay every step of the way.

5 hours ago, BCM1555362349 said:

If he gets $1 it will be more than he's been getting so well worth it...

But seriously, a ton of Australians have had major issues not only with being paid, but even worse in breaking free once they cancel their contract over the non-payment issue. The Romanians fight it, and delay every step of the way.

This happened to Ricketts, iirc.

2 hours ago, Blackdude said:

No, that was in Romania. In Turkey, Ricketts got out quickly.

He played a full year in Turkey which has been about usual for him at a club in his career with the occasional two year stint. I don't recall him having pay problems in Turkey, it was Simpson who had problems with pay in Turkey. In Romania his club really screwed him because not only did they not pay him, they also refused offers to sell him to other Romanian clubs and then blocked a transfer to Dynamo Dresden in the 2nd Bundesliga which could have been a great move for him career wise. The following article talks about the situation: http://www.avenueedmonton.com/October-2012/Tosaint-Ricketts-Getting-Played/

This source, http://www.prosport.ro/fotbal-intern/liga-1/exclusiv-cs-u-craiova-aproape-de-un-nou-transfer-la-17-ani-i-se-spunea-messi-al-canadei-video-cu-faze-spectaculoase-reusite-de-boakai-16692183 (not completely reliable I guess) says he's close to a deal with CS U Craiova, but it mentions he trained with their second team (which If google translate is correct, plays in the 3. level?). Anyway it's all wrapped in hype, Canadian Messi and what not. That's setting him up to fail.

Still not signed, but here's an article that says he IS training with Craiova (with their second team) and that he is still being evaluated. I knew that "Canadian Messi" would be working against him...

Honestly, I wish he just signed at that D4 team in Italy, sounds a lot less shady than going D3 Romania and hoping for the longshot that he actually get's a chance in the first team. 

https://www.agerpres.ro/sport/2017/08/17/fotbal-devis-mangia-csu-craiova-vom-incerca-sa-continuam-rezultatele-bune-si-sa-crestem-in-calitate-14-00-17

Google translate:

In connection with the promotion of the young team to the first team, Mangia expressed his philosophy: "At this moment, Screcius and Burlacu play because they are the most trained young people for the first team. We work with other youngsters, and with the second team, we have sent some young players to play as a loan for this very reason, because between playing 2-3 matches in the first league and playing 20 in the second league, one Player can grow better in the second situation. When we get to the winter break we will make an assessment. "

Mangia also spoke about Canadian Hanson Boakai, a player considered "Messi Canadian" in the tests: "I saw only a second team second and a training session yesterday. I need to see him again to evaluate him, and then I will have to consult with the coach of the second team, Corneliu Papură, who saw him more time. ... but Messi is one. "

Mangia did not rule out the possibility of making other transfers: "We know there are two weeks of the transfer period and there are jobs that we do not have doubled. If it will be possible and will be good, I think there will be something, especially in those areas where we have no alternatives. "

Edited by shamrock

On 2017-08-12 at 0:56 AM, Grizzly said:

He played a full year in Turkey which has been about usual for him at a club in his career with the occasional two year stint. I don't recall him having pay problems in Turkey, it was Simpson who had problems with pay in Turkey. In Romania his club really screwed him because not only did they not pay him, they also refused offers to sell him to other Romanian clubs and then blocked a transfer to Dynamo Dresden in the 2nd Bundesliga which could have been a great move for him career wise. The following article talks about the situation: http://www.avenueedmonton.com/October-2012/Tosaint-Ricketts-Getting-Played/

WTH. Does he have an agent? And if so I'd be suing. Ah those Romanians once they get their teeth into you you're screwed bwahahaha ?

Edited by Moldy9

Staying in Edm would have been better in hindsight .. probably have close to 70 professional appearances. A few more Canadian national team appearances.  Maybe a loan to ottawa if things between him n miller got worst. The LW spot opened up after lance laing left. Michael Cox went through the same struggle and had to spent a season in the CIS before getting another chance in the USL. 

Getting getting games with Calgary Foothills PDL and season with Nait would have been could have been better option to stay match fit...