Hanson Boakai

http://www.gds.ro/Sport/2017-08-18/mangia-incercam-sa-facem-si-spectacol/

"Mangia also spoke about the promotion of the young players to the big team, the possibility of making transfers until the end of the mercato period and of the Canadian player Hanson Boakai, who was found in Muni. "At the moment, only Screcius and Burlacu are ready to evolve to the first team. The rest we keep track of as I think it's better to play 20-30 matches at the club's second team than two or three games in the first team. When we have a break, we will analyze and who will play well at the "satellite" will come to the first team. The Canadian player saw a match during a second team match and a training session yesterday (Wednesday - no). I have to consult with the coach of the second team Papura, who saw him more, to make a decision. I know there are still two weeks until the end of the transfer period. We need to duplicate players on certain positions, we work on that, but do not give names, "concluded Mangia."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, badname22 said:

I don't care where he plays anymore I just want him to play

You should care, because if he goes somewhere he won't get a chance to play well he's not playing. Anyways he needs to stop this globe trotting thing and trial at a USL or NASL club until CPL is up and running or to play in MLS.... This is my opinion of course, but if he continues and gets something good more power to him. He's someone that is going through the Adu legacy seriously getting crazy close by the year.

The problem with the comparison to Adu is that even though he failed to live up to the massive hype, he actually managed to accomplish something in the professional and international game. Whereas Boakai has just been a flash in the pan. He had one season where he looked solid on the pitch (2014), one season where he looked disinterested (2015), and then two seasons where he has barely at all.

As someone who was one of his biggest backers in Edmonton, I have to say that Boakai has become a nobody now; he's simply another anonymous Canadian trying (and failing) to make a go of it in the lower divisions of Europe. It's astounding that his European experience could make the decision to stay in Edmonton with the dinosaur that is Colin Miller look smart in comparison, but here we are.

He's done.

Can’t compare him to Adu , Adu actually looked like he belonged and looked like the real deal in his early years in the MLS, and in the 2007 U20 World Cup in Canada was one of the better players in that World Cup in Canada, while Bokai has never shined playing for FC Edmonton or the youth national teams.

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, hamiltonfan said:

FC UTA Arad currently sit 16th of 20 in Liga II, the Romanian second division. Historically a strong club that began a decline in the 1980s that culminated with it's dissolution in 2014. A fan initiative revived the club and they had risen from Liga IV to finish 3rd in Liga II last season. They currently play in a 2000 seat stadium while their main 8000 seat stadium is being renovated. The entirety of the organization's first team, second team and technical staff is made up of Romanians except for 1 Bosnian and 2 Macedonians with the first team, and of course Boakai. Very interesting move, let's hope his career gets back on track.

Maybe he cannot officially play for the club until January? He played on Oct 13th in a friendly and scored two goals.

UTA Arad is playing a Romanian Cup match right now, but Boakai is not starting nor is he on the bench.  Arad had a B team last year, but I think it was cancelled over the summer.

On 18/08/2017 at 11:58 AM, BrennanFan said:

When we have a break, we will analyze and who will play well at the "satellite" will come to the first team. The Canadian player saw a match during a second team match and a training session yesterday (Wednesday - no). I have to consult with the coach of the second team Papura, who saw him more, to make a decision.

Back in Aug. they still had a second team.

15 hours ago, Toje said:

Maybe he cannot officially play for the club until January? He played on Oct 13th in a friendly and scored two goals.

UTA Arad is playing a Romanian Cup match right now, but Boakai is not starting nor is he on the bench.  Arad had a B team last year, but I think it was cancelled over the summer.

Perhaps Hanson is waiting International Transfer Clearance (ITC)...

Edited by hamiltonfan