Dylan Carreiro

forster01

I always thought having more NASL clubs would be able to assist this type of player, like when Marcus Haber came back to the Whitecaps, had success for a year, and then turned to Europe. It gave him the opportunity for first team senior football.

I would have hoped that Ottawa or Edmonton would have inquired during the summer.

I imagine Carreiro has his sights set higher than Ottawa or Edmonton. As well, could either club afford him? Not sure what a U21 on a Championship team makes but it's probably better than a

retail job...

I'm sure he does, but playing somewhere is better than playing nowhere.

So is that Dundee or Dundee United?

Dundee FC, recently promoted to the scottish premiership.

http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/news/dylan-is-a-dee

Managing director John Nelms told us, "Dylan is a fine young player with loads of potential. He will be part of our building for the future. We are looking to add young players like Dylan who will be the bricks in the foundation of Dundee Football Club for many years to come."

Paul Hartley told us, "I think he's a promising player. He's had a good upbringing, where he's come from."

The manager went on to say, "We like what we have seen. He's got good potential, an attacking player who will work towards our first team.

"He's got something a bit different, he plays just off the front."

Dundee.

Good move for him, really liking that most of our U20 team will be in first team set ups as opposed to youth teams as they have in the past.

It's a long-term positive, but might mean we'll have problems getting them released for qualifiers.

He's going to Scotland, they're good to our players ;)

I specifically remember some posters not wanting him to go to QPR because 'England ruins our players'. Looks like he has caught on with a SPL team and Petrasso is going to be playing in League one again. But, your point still stands :)

We were  at our best when half the national team played in Scotland: DeVos, Fenwick, Hastings, Dasovic, Xausa, Onstad.

I'm happy for the young man, and hope he is furthered by this opportunity (and enjoys his time there) but, being fair, the SPL of the late '90s to early '00s was a very different league than today's SPFL.

I'm happy for the young man, and hope he is furthered by this opportunity (and enjoys his time there) but, being fair, the SPL of the late '90s to early '00s was a very different league than today's SPFL.

It might not be as good as it used to be, but to be honest, just from watching the occasional stream and all the highlights, I think the SPL is more fast paced and exciting than MLS for the most part. Granted that could be because I mostly watch TFC games and they have a very boring coach. It seems like a good league for our player pool. I would definitely be in favor of more of our guys moving from England's lower leagues to Scotland, it is very high tempo and also easy to track which is a plus for us.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Dundee manager Paul Hartley has urged Canadian youngster Dylan Carreiro to make his mark at Dens Park as he returns from a successful loan period at Arbroath. (Scottish Sun)

He did not play 90 minutes every game at Arboath, but it seemed every game he got extended playing time he put one in the net. Hopefully he gets minutes right away at Dundee.

Great news but is anyone else worried that it he starts getting first team minutes he may not be released come January.

Not really worried. To make the jump from the Scottish 4th tier to 1st tier and be a contributing starter in 4 to 5 games is near impossible.

13 December 2014 Hamilton Accies vs. Dundee 3:00pm SPFL Premiership    

20 December 2014 Partick Thistle vs. Dundee 3:00pm SPFL Premiership    

27 December 2014 Dundee vs. St. Mirren 3:00pm SPFL Premiership    

01 January 2015 Dundee United vs. Dundee 12:15pm SPFL Premiership    

04 January 2015 Dundee vs. Ross County 3:00pm SPFL Premiership

I'd be more worried if he stuck with the 4th tier team because they would want to keep him more as a contributing piece.

Edited by king1010