Dylan Carreiro

forster01

28 minutes ago, Soccerpro said:

Did he even play in u23 qualification last year? Maybe part of the last game?

It shows Floro doesn't rate him (tactics aside)

Maybe he's just not that good anymore.

Influential player at U20 level, scored 5 goals in the Scottish 4th tier last year, 3 appearances in the Scottish first tier.  There's no way he isn't USL level.  He's just as good as Chapman, Manella, JGL and probably on par with Eustaquio who did well with Ottawa last year.  Perhaps he wanted more money.    

1 hour ago, BrennanFan said:

Influential player at U20 level, scored 5 goals in the Scottish 4th tier last year, 3 appearances in the Scottish first tier.  There's no way he isn't USL level.  He's just as good as Chapman, Manella, JGL and probably on par with Eustaquio who did well with Ottawa last year.  Perhaps he wanted more money.    

Perhaps he did not want to play USL but wanted to play MLS.

On 10/02/2016 at 9:04 AM, Fussball_eh said:

Hey, happy medium would be NASL. Come on Fury sign him!

I think many players think the NASL will not advance their careers and could limit their destinations after playing there. Hopefully with more Canadians with know names appearing in NASL we will see this attitude change.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Keegan said:

He'll probably be on a CPL team next year.  Good move for him IMO.

I have tried to keep up with CPL talk but did not know that next year (2017) it was set to start. Is this a fact or just the best idea we have yet?

Given how Carreiro has not caught on anywhere in the last 4 months, perhaps it would have been better of him to stick around at Dundee until his contract was done. At minimum it would have given him 4 more months to show what he had.

Of course, hindsight is 20/20 here and maybe he genuinely thought the trial with the Impact would work out.

Edited by shermanator

6 hours ago, Ruffian said:

I have tried to keep up with CPL talk but did not know that next year (2017) it was set to start. Is this a fact or just the best idea we have yet?

Do you have to ask? :(

Honestly though, I think the best info we have is a start date of 2018 at the earliest. Mont Vic said in an interview that 2016 is a very important year in terms of getting the business plan in order (I am paraphrasing from memory here, and might not have it exactly right ... before someone crucifies me). If that is the stage they are at then they don't even have the original investors in place in each community. 2017 would be a real stretch if that's the case, as much as it pains me to say it. 

On 2/7/2016 at 4:26 PM, Ruffian said:

Perhaps he did not want to play USL but wanted to play MLS.

Agree with this. Maybe he's hoping for an NASL pick up after the spring season. For a guy with SPL experience, USL (without an MLS contract), would be a step back, as opposed to forward.

9 hours ago, Keegan said:

He'll probably be on a CPL team next year.  Good move for him IMO.

An optimistic production. Hope you're right, but doubt a CPL is ready to go in the next 12 months.

3 hours ago, A_Gagne said:

Agree with this. Maybe he's hoping for an NASL pick up after the spring season. For a guy with SPL experience, USL (without an MLS contract), would be a step back, as opposed to forward.

Being unemployed is an even bigger step back...

On 4/26/2016 at 11:05 PM, BCM1555362349 said:

Being unemployed is an even bigger step back...

Not if in order to get employment you have to sign a contract that prevents you from taking a better offer. It depends what his options in the near future but I suspect someone with SPL experience who is trialing for MLS would hope to sign somewhere better than USL either in North America or elsewhere and might not want to get tied up in a contract to play at the level of play and pay that USL offers.

• 6 months later...

Carreiro is quickly approaching "WTF happened to that guy" territory. Having said that, he was a League1 Ontario second team all-star last year with Woodbridge Strikers.

http://www.league1ontario.com/news_article/show/723449?referrer_id=2309049

A CPL launch would be a great thing for a player like Carreiro, assuming he doesn't think he is better than the level it will play at.

1 hour ago, shermanator said:

Carreiro is quickly approaching "WTF happened to that guy" territory. Having said that, he was a League1 Ontario second team all-star last year with Woodbridge Strikers.

http://www.league1ontario.com/news_article/show/723449?referrer_id=2309049

A CPL launch would be a great thing for a player like Carreiro, assuming he doesn't think he is better than the level it will play at.

I think cases like these can better be described as "look how thin the margins are".  To me "WTF happened to that guy" sounds like he had a massive fall from grace. In reality, he is trying to make it as a pro and took a small step backwards in his journey to become a professional. At least that's how I see it!

29 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I think cases like these can better be described as "look how thin the margins are".  To me "WTF happened to that guy" sounds like he had a massive fall from grace. In reality, he is trying to make it as a pro and took a small step backwards in his journey to become a professional. At least that's how I see it!

He's gone from our U-20 captain and promising prospect in the Scottish Premier League to League1 Ontario with no mention of a trial or anything with a pro club in 9 months. That's a pretty big fall to me. 

I think if he's not playing pro somewhere by next spring then we're looking at another Ethan Gage like scenario here.

24 minutes ago, shermanator said:

He's gone from our U-20 captain and promising prospect in the Scottish Premier League to League1 Ontario with no mention of a trial or anything with a pro club in 9 months. That's a pretty big fall to me. 

I think if he's not playing pro somewhere by next spring then we're looking at another Ethan Gage like scenario here.

I remember how much anger there was when he wasn't released for u20 qualifying and we crashed out....