Dylan Carreiro

forster01

I believe he is a member of your Canadian u18 squad and he is about to sign with QPR :)

@samuelpiette yes im just about to sign a contract with qpr

@samuelpiette 2 years , and option for 3rd

Here is the conversation he was having with Samuel Piette, i believe this is all down to Marc Bircham who saw him in Costa Rica during the Canadian development camp there. He captained that squad (FYI)

https://twitter.com/#!/Carreiiro10

Conversation happened on January 10th

I thought that since he was in the TFC academy, he would have signed a letter of commitment of some sort. Suggesting to me me that the some sort compensation or transfer fee was in order. Isnt that why Kevan Aleman left and is now in Spain?

Are you sure that you dont mean that Samuel Piette (not Dylan Carriero) is about to sign with QPR?

Can Carriero even sign a pro contract at his age? Piette, i believe, is an adult but not Carriero, who played on TFC's U17 squad last year.

Edited by Free kick

Petrasso's still very young (16 or 17). I'm not entirely convinced that moving abroad is the best course of action for him right now.

Carreiro is (I think) 18 this year, so he could at least see some reserve action.

Petrasso's still very young (16 or 17). I'm not entirely convinced that moving abroad is the best course of action for him right now.

Carreiro is (I think) 18 this year, so he could at least see some reserve action.

http://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-sends-youth-development-team-to-costa-rica-p145218

Both Petrasso and Carreiro will be turning 17 this year.

How is this possible?

When the Keven Aleman thing happened, it was because he wouldn't committ his future with the academy and sign with the academy. That is why he was dropped from Toronto FC Academy. Wouldn't this have meant that Carreiro and Petrasso would have been contract bound with TFC Academy?

Agreed. But i dont think that its the best course of action for both players. If they were 22 yr olds and had one or two years of first team action under their belts, then off course we would unanimously applaud the move. But if we take an honnest look at all the younger Cnd players who have gone abroad prior to being pros over the past ten years the track record, in regards to development and progression, is pretty dismall. And especially in England. There have been one two success stories in Germany and France.

How many careers have gone bust ( ie Wyn Belotte) because players we too much in rush to turn pro and the short term cash.

Edited by Free kick

Agreed. But i dont think that its the best course of action for both players. If they were 22 yr olds and had one or two years of first team action under their belts, then off course we would unanimously applaud the move. But if we take an honnest look at all the younger Cnd players who have gone abroad prior to being pros over the past ten years the track record, in regards to development and progression, is pretty dismall. And especially in England. There have been one two success stories in Germany and France.

How many careers have gone bust ( ie Wyn Belotte) because players we too much in rush to turn pro and the short term cash.

Ya, like remember that one guy who went to Barcelona from Argentina at age 13? That guy turned out awful. Or how about those De Guzman brothers? They should have stayed and played with the Lynx! Hoilett? What an awful decision.

Guest Brethers

I think they'll get on better than previous players who unfortunately couldn't cope. They know one of the youth coaches in Bircham, who you would think would also be pro Canada with them, and they will know each other. They shouldn't feel as isolated and lonely, fingers crossed

I think the point about the fact many of our young, talented players have not managed to develop in the past (especially in England) is valid. The difference here, one hopes anyway, is that those boys weren't in any sort of professional environment before heading off to Europe, whereas these two have been in a professional environment for some time now and that will hopefully have prepared them for what is to come at QPR.

I think these moves are great. Two kids getting to try their luck in England. Space for two more kids at TFC next year. It's a win - win for Canada. Even as a TFC fan, I'm still happy for these boys.

I totally agree with this. The more players in Europe the better, and the more space at TFC acadamy the better.