JDG2 back in picture

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s not even certain that JDG2 can even play for Canada yet so I feel that him being interviewed by the Dutch media and saying that is just playing to what they want to hear and not burning any bridges incase he is unable to play for Canada, regardless of whether he is in the with the Dutch national side’s plans or not.

So if all our Canadian defectors formed a team, would our current best 11 be able to beat them?

What would Team Defector look like? Bunbury up top. Good options in goal with Begovic and Fernandes. Midfield with JDG2 and The Whore. Lensky is done, right? Actually, it seems ********** is done, too. Vittorio at CB with Ferriara. Whom else am I missing?

Thing is, we might get JDG2 back, and Vittorio, and maybe Hoillet will finally declare for us.

Give us another 10 years and we will be producing and capping some very fine players, players who will make us forget about these "traitors" damned quickly indeed.

So if all our Canadian defectors formed a team, would our current best 11 be able to beat them?

What would Team Defector look like? Bunbury up top. Good options in goal with Begovic and Fernandes. Midfield with JDG2 and The Whore. Lensky is done, right? Actually, it seems ********** is done, too. Vittorio at CB with Ferriara. Whom else am I missing?

Thing is, we might get JDG2 back, and Vittorio, and maybe Hoillet will finally declare for us.

Give us another 10 years and we will be producing and capping some very fine players, players who will make us forget about these "traitors" damned quickly indeed.

On form and not injured ********** and Jonathan De Guzman would be part of a good midfield.

G: Begovic

D ?

D Vitoria

D Ferreira

D ?

M Lensky

M OH

M JDG2

M Aird

F Bunbury

F Lavery

• 4 weeks later...

I dont know what to make of this?!?!

"I'm longing for playing time," he added. "On the one hand, I think it is too early to come back to Netherlands, but on the other hand, if I do well, I might be noticed more by the Dutch national team coach."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1041654/unhappy-jonathan-de-guzman-eyes-return-to-eredivisie?cc=5901

The artical is from March 28 long after the news about him starting to gain intrest in playing for canada

I'm not going to get caught up in conjecture over this, especially when articles are translated or subject to interpretation. I'm going to let the cards fall and then evaluate what kind of character this guy has, and what the full situation was, until then I hope he plays for Canada.

Yeah, I think this has been his opinion through the whole ordeal, if he can get his canadian passport/citizenship back without losing the dutch one he will play for us. I think he feels he isnt getting any younger and he might only have a shot or two to play in the WC.

The big thing for me is if plays for us, it might convince Hoilett to play for us, I really think we need to open the flood gates and get these kids looking at Canada as a viable option for their careers.

I dont know what to make of this?!?!

"I'm longing for playing time," he added. "On the one hand, I think it is too early to come back to Netherlands, but on the other hand, if I do well, I might be noticed more by the Dutch national team coach."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1041654/unhappy-jonathan-de-guzman-eyes-return-to-eredivisie?cc=5901

The artical is from March 28 long after the news about him starting to gain intrest in playing for canada

I thought that we had already seen/discussed this article when it came out ... but I could be mistaken. So, nothing *new* here from my perspective.

• 4 weeks later...

Jonathan de Guzman has once stated to the Dutch press that he still prefers to play for Holland instead of Canada. Some quotes that I have translated from todays article. The article didn't focus on this issue and was more about his club future and the relegation of Villarreal.

''The CSA has shown a lot of interest in me and I have to admit that that situation made me question my international future. After considering the options I have to say that I'm still happy with my choice of committing to The Netherlands. Even though I haven't played a lot this year, I still believe that I have the quality to play for The Netherlands in the future''

If that quote is accurate and is recent it would explain why Stephen Hart snapped at the question of Junior & Jonathan at the press conference. I think De Guzman is a complete tool at this point. You don't have one Association try to figure out your citizen status and talk to the press about how you prefer someone else.

From a footballing stand point, how do you think he would be in the locker room thinking he is better than everyone else and that everyone should be thanking him for his charity to play for Canada. He has locker room cancer written all over him. If he wants to play for Canada I don't want him in this cycle for qualifying.

I don't want him period after having his brother publicly back him with the comments he made about his desire to "put on a Canada shirt right now"

Then to have our FA waste time trying to get him through.

What a ****ing joke that kid is. Enjoy having no international career ya ****ing dick.

I concur, but let's not get too vitriolic towards Jonothan until he older brother retires. Jono may be an utter clown, but Julian has been totally dedicated to Canada and out of respect for him we ought to be respectful to his family. (also, if he reads constant hate at his brother it could be pretty demoralizing)

I concur, but let's not get too vitriolic towards Jonothan until he older brother retires. Jono may be an utter clown, but Julian has been totally dedicated to Canada and out of respect for him we ought to be respectful to his family. (also, if he reads constant hate at his brother it could be pretty demoralizing)

Meh I'm for a return of the "there's only one De Guzman" song

This is like saying I think I'm still good enough to date that hot supermodel/actress but if that doesn't work out, then I'll settle for the fat, ugly chick. Face it folks, Jono thinks we are the fat, ugly chick.

But sometimes, she goes on a diet, runs a marathon or two, does her hair up, puts on some make-up and all of a sudden...she starts to look pretty good.

This is like saying I think I'm still good enough to date that hot supermodel/actress but if that doesn't work out, then I'll settle for the fat, ugly chick. Face it folks, Jono thinks we are the fat, ugly chick.

But sometimes, she goes on a diet, runs a marathon or two, does her hair up, puts on some make-up and all of a sudden...she starts to look pretty good.

Excellent analogy Al! I'm hoping we lose some weight!

Archived