JDG2 back in picture

Cool. Cool. Getting ****ed in the ass 24/7 is what we do around here, so I see no problem with this.

De Guzman playing for Canada was never a sure thing, but I would like an update as we haven’t heard anything for a while. It’s possible that playing for Canada isn’t an option for De Guzman, as I pointed out the issues regarding his eligibility to play for Canada in the past. Or it could be just the right thing to say to the Dutch media, as he is very experienced in saying the right things to the media ;).

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

''I'm thinking on one side that a return to The Netherlands may be too early but if I do well there, I will be quicker on the radar of the Dutch NT Manager''

He can't treat us like this. We should issue him an ultimatum at our next non-USA friendly.

We all knew that, right? I mean, he isn't trying to play for us because he suddenly discovered a deep love for the maple leaf and his heart grew three sizes that day. He's trying to play for us because the Dutch don't want him. If that changes then of course he'll suit up for the Oranje!

To be honest, I don't want this douche on our team

+1 Right now I'd rather try Lucas Cavallini as an attacking MF option with the MNT anyhow. At least we know he'll give an honest effort.

+1 Right now I'd rather try Lucas Cavallini as an attacking MF option .

TBH I'd rather both. We aren't good enough to tell him to feck off, so I'll acquiesce if his return ends up happening bc it will make us better and then hopefully we'll have more players who opt for us as their first choice in the future, at which time we can then start telling top talent to piss off if they try dicking us around.

TBH I'd rather both. We aren't good enough to tell him to feck off, so I'll acquiesce if his return ends up happening bc it will make us better and then hopefully we'll have more players who opt for us as their first choice in the future, at which time we can then start telling top talent to piss off if they try dicking us around.

I keep going back and forth as to whether the likes of De Guzman playing for us now will encourage players in the future to play for us, or if it will encourage them to dick around just like he did, trying to make another team, and "knowing" that we'll be there as a back-up plan if their first choice doesn't work out.

Euro 2012 starts on June 9 for the netherlands, next group stage of concacaf world cup qualifying starts on June 8. I'd bet Jono is playing in either a Red or Orange jersey by the end of those dates. He's probably waiting for the squad announcement of the euro squad to make up his mind.

All I see is some political posturing by a player who wants playing time. Why wouldn't he respond to Dutch reporters saying he'd love to return to Holland for multiple reasons and is open to multiple teams?

I think the Oranje angle is largely marketing himself to the Dutch clubs.

On top of that, I doubt that the Dutch football press knows/cares much about the Reds' efforts to get Jono, and that Jono didn't consider that saying things like this to local foreign-language press would cause any stir. So, yes, speaking out of both sides of his mouth, perhaps, but I'm unsure how seriously to take it.

On the other hand, **** Teal Bunbury.

All I see is some political posturing by a player who wants playing time. Why wouldn't he respond to Dutch reporters saying he'd love to return to Holland for multiple reasons and is open to multiple teams?

I think the Oranje angle is largely marketing himself to the Dutch clubs.

On top of that, I doubt that the Dutch football press knows/cares much about the Reds' efforts to get Jono, and that Jono didn't consider that saying things like this to local foreign-language press would cause any stir. So, yes, speaking out of both sides of his mouth, perhaps, but I'm unsure how seriously to take it.

On the other hand, **** Teal Bunbury.

Agree with this for the most part, he's not going to make the dutch side any time soon, he has'nt played much at all this year and lat year when he was doing well and they had lots of games he did'nt get a single call even to developmental squads. Look we know he was trying to get into the Dutch national set up and could'nt, he's probably trying to stir up some interest to get out of a bad situation and a possible Dutch national team member I'd imagine commands more in terms of transfer value. I'd imagine right now he's desperately trying to play, hes at an age where he should be coming into his prime and is sitting on the bench, with us he will be playing and I don't see any soccer reason why he should be switching his sights back to the Dutch its actually the contrary.

Maybe I am taking the whole thing too personally, but to me it feels like begging some woman who broke up with you to go out with another dude to 'please come back'

F*(k him, if I were a coach I wouldn't even take him if he asked.

(That said, I get where he is coming from, but make a choice and stick to it)

Its funny how he prefers to play one game with the Dutch, if even, rather than having a long career with Canada. Cause, that's exactly what will happen if he gets the call

And he is not alone:

Daniel-Fernandes-Short-Hairstyles-Image-500x375.jpg

Born and raised in Canada: CHECK

Canada caps (U20): CHECK

Switched to Portugal and has 2 caps to date totaling 64 minutes of playing time.

513850f0b99cd76b2c17c6a9166fd04d5826.jpg&foto2=513850f0b99cd76b2c17c6a9166fd04d5826.jpg&pocet=1

Born and raised in Canada: CHECK

Canada caps (U20, U23, accepted senior callup): CHECK

Switched to Czech Republic and to date has played in 1 match... for their U21s.

Archived