Lucas Pos

American/Swiss and now possibly Canadian!

He is a CB with the worst team in the Swiss Super League, FC Stade Lausanne-Ouchy.

Has repped the U.S. at the U23 level in two friendlies back in March 2019.

Played half a match in the first:

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2019/03/u23-mnt-falls-to-egypt-in-first-game-of-2020-summer-olympic-cycle

and came in at the 65th minute in the 2nd match:

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2019/03/us-u23-mnt-battles-netherlands-to-scoreless-draw-in-spain

I assume that now that 5 years have gone by since his last call, he is trying his luck with us.

----

Only video interview I could find is from 4 years ago (for those who want to know what he sounds like)

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Worth keepin an eye on, but I am not very excited about this one to be honest.

IF he's eligible and committed, then sure let him compete with the rest of the medicore CBs in the pool. Have never seen him play, but being a starter in the Swiss league on a team that's bound for relegation doesn't scream cap tie now. If he was doing this as a teenager then I would be more excited.

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Worth keepin an eye on, but I am not very excited about this one to be honest.

IF he's eligible and committed, then sure let him compete with the rest of the medicore CBs in the pool. Have never seen him play, but being a starter in the Swiss league on a team that's bound for relegation doesn't scream cap tie now. If he was doing this as a teenager then I would be more excited.

If his team was midtable and it looked liked he had continuity, that'd be where we've seen Millar and Corbeanu, plus Daniel Imhof years ago, and then he'd most definitely be worth a look. 

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

Worth keepin an eye on

Exactly.

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

If he was doing this as a teenager then I would be more excited.

Ya, he'll be 26 in a few days. We brought in Frank Sturing and I think we will bring in Lucas Pos but at the moment I'm not sure he will end up getting more caps than Sturing did.

1 hour ago, Nate3322 said:

He'd be a decent depth piece at best. Playing for the worst teams in Switzerland, and he's not been a stand out there. 

Sometimes, poor teams give rise to poor play by individuals although the reverse is also true. Where was he prior to his stint at Lausanne-Ouchy?

16 minutes ago, Stoppage Time said:

Sometimes, poor teams give rise to poor play by individuals although the reverse is also true. Where was he prior to his stint at Lausanne-Ouchy?

He spent most of his time in the lower leagues of Switzerland. I don't mind having a look at him but I doubt he's better than any of our other CBs 

57 minutes ago, Nate3322 said:

He spent most of his time in the lower leagues of Switzerland. I don't mind having a look at him but I doubt he's better than any of our other CBs 

This.

We have some nice CB prospects coming up. Stefanovic, LFG and JKL. Rather give these kids some nat team time then a 26yo journey man. 

If he was an exciting prospect he would already be playing international football. Still with Vitoria likely in his last year internationally, he could bring some different experience and help shield some of the younger players emerging like LDF, JKL, Bombito etc.

I do think we likely have better options but another one to deepen the pool doesn't hurt.