Lucas Pos

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He's starting as a right side CB vs Grasshoppers, on now.

I think if they'd make a run and not relegate he could come into our conversation.

I guess it also depends who else has been checking his form. Maybe he has done enough to earn a move upwards too.

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Ansem said:

He's easily in the top 2 with Cornelius
image.thumb.png.b575d1082d2330e1deb20c99b7db323e.png

I am glad he is included and it's nice to have some depth, but to say he's a top 2 defender in our pool is wild.

The guy is playing for the bottom team on Switzerland FFS. Maybe you are a big fan of have watched all of his games, but I have to assume he's at best competing with the likes of Waterman, MacNaughton and McGraw, not clearly ahead of them.

I mean, if this is about some anti-MLS narrative, where you only want European based players, then fine let's at least talk about Zator, who plays for a similar level team in a similar level league.

What about Pos automatically puts him above Zator?

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I am glad he is included and it's nice to have some depth, but to say he's a top 2 defender in our pool is wild.

The guy is playing for the bottom team on Switzerland FFS. Maybe you are a big fan of have watched all of his games, but I have to assume he's at best competing with the likes of Waterman, MacNaughton and McGraw, not clearly ahead of them.

I mean, if this is about some anti-MLS narrative, where you only want European based players, then fine let's at least talk about Zator, who plays for a similar level team in a similar level league.

What about Pos automatically puts him above Zator?

Who's in season form?

Unless you want to make the case that MLS is so strong that guys at the beginning of the season are better than guys in the middle of a European season🫠

I'm happy to join the MLS love in though 😍

Edited by Ansem

3 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Who's in season form?

Unless you want to make the case that MLS is so strong that guys at the beginning of the season are better than guys in the middle of a European season🫠

I'm happy to join the MLS love in though 😍

Respectfully, I would take Zator who knows the team and has been playing on Europe all season over a guy who has never played an international match.

The fact Poland has a longer winter break than Switzerland is of little concern to me.

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

Respectfully, I would take Zator who knows the team and has been playing on Europe all season over a guy who has never played an international match.

The fact Poland has a longer winter break than Switzerland is of little concern to me.

Zator has been playing RB most of time if I'm not mistaken while Pos has had good performances playing tough competition against strong clubs. I saw a breakdown of his stats online and looking at our CB depth, he's a no brainer to include.

18 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Zator has been playing RB most of time if I'm not mistaken while Pos has had good performances playing tough competition against strong clubs. I saw a breakdown of his stats online and looking at our CB depth, he's a no brainer to include.

I don't think Zator going to get called, but if he was I think the versatility is a good thing. I am not fussed he is playing RB since he is a natural CB

Fair enough though if you've done your research. I hope he's as good as you think he is!

16 minutes ago, narduch said:

I think Pos will get called in March.

Or else what was even the point of making him get his passport

The timing is such where I think you may be right. On the other hand, Gutierrez declared for Canada and never did play for us, so who knows. 

17 minutes ago, Obinna said:

The timing is such where I think you may be right. On the other hand, Gutierrez declared for Canada and never did play for us, so who knows. 

Gutierrez was called into a few Canada camps though, including a few during the World Cup qualification.  Unfortunately, he was never able to see the field while on duty.

Just now, Corazon said:

Gutierrez was called into a few Canada camps though, including a few during the World Cup qualification.  Unfortunately, he was never able to see the field while on duty.

That's very true. A little unlucky perhaps not to have earned a cap as well. 

If Pos comes in who does he come in for?

Just now, Obinna said:

That's very true. A little unlucky perhaps not to have earned a cap as well. 

If Pos comes in who does he come in for?

I don't think he should be called in next month but I do think he's likely at par with a few other CB's from MLS.  I just wanted to make note that Gutierrez wasn't being called in right after declaring for Canada.  I cannot remember his first camp but it wasn't immediate and then he earned his calls on merit over the next few years but he unfortunately was never capped.  

I guess my point was that, just because he declaring for Canada, it doesn't mean he will be called right away.  He's committed to Canada and now he can earn his callups in the future.  If it's next month, then great, but he wouldn't be on my final 23 (more likely just on the outside).

1 minute ago, Kadenge said:

The fact that he is on the pre list indicates to me that  the CSA was in touch and probably aided in getting his passport sorted.

I’m sure they’re happy to assist in that aspect and grow the pool but I don’t think it means anything as far as getting called. This guy needs us more than we need him truthfully. 

I have never seen Pos play and don't watch the Swiss league much, but playing for a bottom level team also means he is  defending vs the best teams & forwards in the league. Vitoria also plays for a bottom level team..granted his quality is known but I can't imagine that Biello hasn't evaluated Pos's performances with his club. No idea if he gets called to the final squad.