Daniel Nimick

VinceA

6 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

I looked him up, and per Wikipedia he’s the first player from Yukon to ever sign a pro contract, and my guess is that there likely aren’t that many other players at that level in NWT or Yukon. 

Ya, and he's genuinely from the territory too, not just one of those guys who was born there and left.

10 hours ago, Shway said:

Future CMNT captain, you heard it here first!

Sigh...

I really wanted the first CMNT player from NL to genuinely be born and raised in the province, not just a representative by default.

.....but with the way things have unfolded for the past 74 years, hell I will take it god dammit!

5 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Add another million to the transfer fee!!

I was thinking Luton Town was the premier league team interested in him but at this point you gotta think he’s more in that Aston Villa/Crystal Palace tier player. Chelsea or Liverpool if he’s willing to start off the bench. 

49 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Nice AGR piece on Nimick with some quotes. He’s interested in playing for Canada, and it sounds like there’s a very good chance we’ll see him in MLS next season:

https://x.com/onesoccer/status/1696190907664527837?s=46&t=spIaqlQfufAO3HreB1455Q

Seems like a level headed kid. I wonder if his UK passport might help him more than his Canadian one when making a decision on his next steps

7 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Seems like a level headed kid. I wonder if his UK passport might help him more than his Canadian one when making a decision on his next steps

It could, but I would figure that his next step is probably MLS, though if he's got a level beyond that, then certainly. I can see Herdman bringing him in to TFC. He's from around 90 minutes south of Newcastle- the romantic in him would probably love to bring in a kid from the north who honed his skills in Canada. A Stefanovic x Nimick pairing would certainly make TFC worth watching for me.

35 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

It could, but I would figure that his next step is probably MLS, though if he's got a level beyond that, then certainly. I can see Herdman bringing him in to TFC. He's from around 90 minutes south of Newcastle- the romantic in him would probably love to bring in a kid from the north who honed his skills in Canada. A Stefanovic x Nimick pairing would certainly make TFC worth watching for me.

A couple of catchments at least away from Newcastle.

From just north of Leeds and was released by their academy age 16.  That would be the story. Somewhat more achievable at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

https://x.com/cplsoccer/status/1701744919310749931?s=46&t=spIaqlQfufAO3HreB1455Q

Nice PK. I don’t know who you’d leave off our roster for him, but I think it’s time to consider giving him a call. At the very least bring him in as one of the players the main team practices against, but I think this is a player to start taking seriously.