Daniel Nimick

VinceA

9 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

https://x.com/cplsoccer/status/1701744919310749931?s=46&t=spIaqlQfufAO3HreB1455Q

Nice PK. I don’t know who you’d leave off our roster for him, but I think it’s time to consider giving him a call. At the very least bring him in as one of the players the main team practices against, but I think this is a player to start taking seriously. 

Certainly merits the taxi squad call to train with the squad and experience it. Be has been a rock.

• 2 weeks later...

IMO what is important to remember about the Premier League attention he is getting is that realistically it is unlikely a Premier League club would keep him in their own lineup. IMO he is going to instead be loaned to a lower level of play in the hope that he is either going to be able to play in the Premier League during his prime or, failing that, develop into a player they can resell with a good profit.

In that scenario the key question would become where he would be sent. If he is loaned to a Championship club, say, then awesome! Its a cause for a celebration. But if he would be loaned to a League 2 club, say, then I'd rather he get bought by an MLS club that would most likely buy him to actually play him.

On 9/24/2023 at 12:57 PM, phil03 said:

IMO what is important to remember about the Premier League attention he is getting is that realistically it is unlikely a Premier League club would keep him in their own lineup. IMO he is going to instead be loaned to a lower level of play in the hope that he is either going to be able to play in the Premier League during his prime or, failing that, develop into a player they can resell with a good profit.

In that scenario the key question would become where he would be sent. If he is loaned to a Championship club, say, then awesome! Its a cause for a celebration. But if he would be loaned to a League 2 club, say, then I'd rather he get bought by an MLS club that would most likely buy him to actually play him.

Nimick has Premier League interest? That's quite surprising

2 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Nimick has Premier League interest? That's quite surprising

It surprised me to but a tweet quoted by the OP said so. How good a source it is, and if it is accurate whether they are looking at him at someone they genuinely think might be in a Premier League lineup one day or just a player to buy, loan and flip with a profit (which, as stated in my previous post, could still work out well depending where he is loaned) remain to be seen.

Edited by phil03

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Luton? Picked up Pepple on the cheap, maybe looking for another guy with a British passport they can sign up and send out on loan for development.

That would essentially be the ''bad'' scenario of a sale to a Premier League club we should hope doesn't come to pass, as Pepple is now playing in the National League after one year in League Two. Way better for Nimick to be sold to an MLS club that would likely buy him to actually play him.

Edited by phil03

Luton could be a solid move if for no reason other than they are very likely going back down, they're an ambitious club that is willing to give shots to players other clubs wouldn't, they'd be a very good club to play for in the Championship, if a CPL player could even make that type of leap right away. I think he is older and more established than Pepple and I also think it's more difficult to cut through teams as a raw skills striker vs. a solid, versatile CB.

I'm more inclined to see him go to MLS at the very least as a stop gap before he goes to Europe, but if teams in the EPL are interested, it's not necessarily a bad thing.

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

Luton could be a solid move if for no reason other than they are very likely going back down, they're an ambitious club that is willing to give shots to players other clubs wouldn't, they'd be a very good club to play for in the Championship, if a CPL player could even make that type of leap right away. I think he is older and more established than Pepple and I also think it's more difficult to cut through teams as a raw skills striker vs. a solid, versatile CB.

I'm more inclined to see him go to MLS at the very least as a stop gap before he goes to Europe, but if teams in the EPL are interested, it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Agree with this. I haven't watched Nimick a great deal, but from the little I have seen, the rumours of interest, and the high esteem for him on this board, I am inclinded to believe he could sneak on the bench in the Championship and kick on from there. Probably would be better served with a League One or Two loan, or even better just test yourself in MLS. We have a reputation now of sending CBs there. 

4 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Agree with this. I haven't watched Nimick a great deal, but from the little I have seen, the rumours of interest, and the high esteem for him on this board, I am inclinded to believe he could sneak on the bench in the Championship and kick on from there. Probably would be better served with a League One or Two loan, or even better just test yourself in MLS. We have a reputation now of sending CBs there. 

I don't know how to compare CPL to Championship, but a team like Luton has shown they're willing to give players chances- they start a player who has been with them since the National League, I think their entire starting XI played in the championship last year, they're very cost averse, if there's a team that gives a shot to a player who is not quite at that league's level, it's probably them. I do think that MLS jump is probably the best one, especially because if it doesn't work, he'll quickly end up in League One or Two and at that point, MLS is the better league- there can be a lot of lineup congestion at CB; Nimick has two own goals this year so far, if he makes a similar gaffe in the championship, that might be it for him for months. I would like to see him spend a year at TFC or even Montreal, build his value, sharpen his game, and make a big move abroad.

I do hope he tests himself abroad very soon though. I get the argument that moving too quickly could harm his development, but as far as it pertains to our national team, I think either he's got that quality to be better than our MLS defenders, or he doesn't, and he's then lumped in with a lot of decent players but players who don't elevate our program very much.

• 7 months later...

I’ve been very high on him, but integrating Dunn has been rough and he has not been at his best.

I’ve noticed a lot of frustration, to the point of him giving up on plays.

Given his age, it is likely time for him to get to that higher level now, if it’s on the table.