Jamie Knight-Lebel

jordan

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Signed a new 3 year contract and did this interview.

Near the end he talks about Canada.

"Dream come true" to play for the U20s.  "One of my best memories in football", hopes to do it again and  play for the senior side.

He's ours, let's keep him. 

Nice. Needs to be on the radar for sure. Him and an LDF pairing could be the anchor we need. And both are so young, there's a lot of time to develop and grow. 

11 minutes ago, narduch said:

We want a guy playing League One?

24 year old with 112 championship appearances, captain of his team and recently signed by a current premier league team?

Yep.

I am happy his loyalty for Reading has been rewarded. If he is eligible, right now he would jump both LDF and JKL for me.

11 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Nice. Needs to be on the radar for sure. Him and an LDF pairing could be the anchor we need. And both are so young, there's a lot of time to develop and grow. 

LDF needs to grow to be in a pairing, in my opinion.  

He was Johnston's height last time I checked. He would be the future wide in a 3, I think.

Knight-Lebel is less than a year older, but I think only Bair and Bombito would be taller than him in our current squad.

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

24 year old with 112 championship appearances, captain of his team and recently signed by a current premier league team?

Obviously impressive. What's the background on his signing with the Luton Town? They're currently in the relegation zone, but it would be amazing if they stay up and Holmes gets recalled.

Just now, narduch said:

Feels like they bought him for next year when they drop back down

Yeah. Piecing some articles together, it does seem like Luton has long-term interest in him. The manager literally said that.

Also, the loan back to Reading is only until end of season. It appears Reading wanted to retain his services but also needed the cash -- hence the signing and immediate loan back. 

If Luton stays up, it could be a dream move. But it may also mean Championship instead. Let's cross our fingers he continues his form and Luton can catch Nottingham Forest or another struggling Premier League side. 

13 hours ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Obviously impressive. What's the background on his signing with the Luton Town? They're currently in the relegation zone, but it would be amazing if they stay up and Holmes gets recalled.

Not a good day for Luton to this point.  They are losing to Forest and Burnley is winning against Brentford, though the second result does make the Bees a tiny bit more catchable. 

30 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Not a good day for Luton to this point.  They are losing to Forest and Burnley is winning against Brentford, though the second result does make the Bees a tiny bit more catchable. 

Snatches a draw. Now three points back of Forest and four points back of Brentford with the same number of games played. 

4 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Not a reward at all. He has been on the bench every game this year. Would be nice if they gave him some time once in a while.

They have a couple centre backs on long term injuries but Dickie has been a workhorse and the other regular Vyner was only injured before one of the long term ones happen.  So basically those 2 have played every game since November and they have not had a lot else to put on the bench.   I guess him beating all of the u21 to the bench - usually the only centreback there - at 18-19 says something. 

Also they don't do a great job of covering their u21s

20 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Signed a new 3 year contract and did this interview.

Near the end he talks about Canada.

"Dream come true" to play for the U20s.  "One of my best memories in football", hopes to do it again and  play for the senior side.

He's ours, let's keep him. 

I hope Bristol City outlined what their plans are for him nxt season re playing time, either with the club or via a loan. He shouldn't spend another season on the bench. 

1 minute ago, Kadenge said:

I hope Bristol City outlined what their plans are for him nxt season re playing time, either with the club or via a loan. He shouldn't spend another season on the bench. 

Part of it depends on the injuries to guys named Rob Atkinson and Kal Naismith.  The latter is 32 hasn't played since November but they thought he would be back this season.  Atkinson was a major part and is only 25 but last played in February last year. 

I think why he didn't go on loan was at least partially to them being in a holding pattern on those guys. 

He is still the u21 captain has been since he was 18.