Jamie Knight-Lebel

jordan

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Makes his debut for Bristol City as a 73rd-minute sub vs Cardiff City. Bristol City currently trail 1-0. 

Switched over from PNE to watch a great Cardiff goal to go up two. Goal was on his side but not his fault.

Bristol City hasnt really rotated CB's at all this year. Not sure if he was subbed on for an injury or perhaps he is a better offensive CB (with them down one when he was subbed on). Be interesting to see if he starts seeing the field regularly moving forward.

He didnt do much while i watched but just like LDF, he looks like a baby. So great to have young CB's on the brink of the CMNT

2 hours ago, blueseeka said:

Switched over from PNE to watch a great Cardiff goal to go up two. Goal was on his side but not his fault.

Bristol City hasnt really rotated CB's at all this year. Not sure if he was subbed on for an injury or perhaps he is a better offensive CB (with them down one when he was subbed on). Be interesting to see if he starts seeing the field regularly moving forward.

He didnt do much while i watched but just like LDF, he looks like a baby. So great to have young CB's on the brink of the CMNT

was he playing right or left CB?

Full game in case anyone wants to watch the last 20 mins or so:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/video/full-match-cardiff-city-2-0-bristol-city/

Looked pretty impressive tbh. A few solid tackles, seemed comfortable with the ball at his feet. A nice debut for sure. 

Edited by Borjans Sweatpants

12 hours ago, Kadenge said:

With the  JKL debut, we  now have 4 players in the Championship. Ugbo, Millar, Kone & JKL. That has to a first? Could go up to 5 in Jan if Hoilett signs with a Championship team for the balance of the season.

I feel like we had more when serioux,Simpson ,Peters, Bircham, devos and Brennan played first division/championship in around 2004-2006

Edited by Bikerack

Its funny how fast things change. CB was clearly our weakest spot at the WC. I would now argue that its our second deepest  position with players who are all good enough for a call up. (not saying CB has the highest ceiling) 

1. vitoria
2. miller
3. Kennedy
4. Cornelius
5. Heiebrt
6. bombito
7. zator
8. Waterman
9. LMN
10. JKL
11. LDF 
12. Stefanovic
13. ZMG

prospects
1. nimick
2. pearlman
3. Dunn

Thats about 6-7 players per CB position. 

Fullbacks have 3-5 per side depending on if you count duals like farsi, abzi.

Cm is weak

Striker is strong with David, larin, brym, ugbo, JRR, cav all arguably good enough for CMNT. Then lots of young prospects and jebbo. 

Winger has millar, hoilett, shaf, nelson, buchanan, corbeanu across 2 positions so 3 per side.

37 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Its funny how fast things change. CB was clearly our weakest spot at the WC. I would now argue that its our second deepest  position with players who are all good enough for a call up. (not saying CB has the highest ceiling) 

1. vitoria
2. miller
3. Kennedy
4. Cornelius
5. Heiebrt
6. bombito
7. zator
8. Waterman
9. LMN
10. JKL
11. LDF 
12. Stefanovic
13. ZMG

prospects
1. nimick
2. pearlman
3. Dunn

Thats about 6-7 players per CB position. 

Fullbacks have 3-5 per side depending on if you count duals like farsi, abzi.

Cm is weak

Striker is strong with David, larin, brym, ugbo, JRR, cav all arguably good enough for CMNT. Then lots of young prospects and jebbo. 

Winger has millar, hoilett, shaf, nelson, buchanan, corbeanu across 2 positions so 3 per side.

Yes, definitely deep at CB.  We won't have issues finding guys that can play, however the level of play is the concern.

At the same time, if we're counting guys like Waterman and Zator, I think we can also add to the winger and CM list as well.  I feel guys like Edwards, Froese, Loturi, Wotherspoon, Zouhir (I assume we already consider Saliba a CANMNT call-up) are all at a fairly equal level.  I think we can get to 5 per position pretty reasonably at a similar level to our CB's.   

Just now, costarg said:

Yes, definitely deep at CB.  We won't have issues finding guys that can play, however the level of play is the concern.

At the same time, if we're counting guys like Waterman and Zator, I think we can also add to the winger and CM list as well.  I feel guys like Edwards, Froese, Loturi, Wotherspoon, Zouhir (I assume we already consider Saliba a CANMNT call-up) are all at a fairly equal level.  I think we can get to 5 per position pretty reasonably at a similar level to our CB's.   

Who else can we add to the winger list... spoony is a fair shout. 

At lb i counted edwards already. davies, sam, edwards and maybe petrasso. 

At cm we have kaye, oso, staq, kone, choiniere, ali, loturi, piette, zouhir?, saliba, paton, froese? Thats 12 cm for 3 positions so 4 guys per spot. However, kaye seems dropped from CMNT, zouhir isnt even playing mls, saliba is still a prospect (a great one) as is loturi to an extent. Froese hasnt been called up in ages so we have no idea how close in level he is to some of the other guys.  

although i personally think zouhir will contribute more to CMNT than waterman, its hard to say a USL player is comparable to a guy with 100 MLS caps. 

We may be theoretically deep at CB, but I would argue it is still our weakest position.  Especially unless/until LSF and JKL take the next step up and commit to Canada, the expanding pool of players is still one that doesn’t inspire confidence when facing the calibre we are now hoping to compete with.   

15 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Who else can we add to the winger list... spoony is a fair shout. 

At lb i counted edwards already. davies, sam, edwards and maybe petrasso. 

At cm we have kaye, oso, staq, kone, choiniere, ali, loturi, piette, zouhir?, saliba, paton, froese? Thats 12 cm for 3 positions so 4 guys per spot. However, kaye seems dropped from CMNT, zouhir isnt even playing mls, saliba is still a prospect (a great one) as is loturi to an extent. Froese hasnt been called up in ages so we have no idea how close in level he is to some of the other guys.  

although i personally think zouhir will contribute more to CMNT than waterman, its hard to say a USL player is comparable to a guy with 100 MLS caps. 

You're right about wingers, we can't get that deep. 

For CB's we'd probably be relatively excited about guys at similar levels to Raposo, JMR and Fraser.  That would make 15 mids, to be honest, I'm not very strong at following the fringe level players.  Not too sure how much those guys actually played this year.  Would a CB with Rusty's profile be considered an option?  Tonnes of experience and keep it simple kind of guy.