Jamie Knight-Lebel

jordan

On 4/12/2023 at 9:27 AM, archer21 said:

Of course, I didn’t mean immediately. I meant if he breaks out into a Wales/Canada NT caliber player. I guess it’s a stupid question anyways since none of us really know, just didn’t know if there were any interviews or anything with him discussing his choices. Presumably he can play for England too, but that’s a long shot. Wales just seems like more of a direct competitor for us.

Gotta think we'd be the favourites over Wales these days. Depending on his attachment of course. 

Def seems like a bright prospect, especially at CB

4 minutes ago, grigorio said:

We've "lost" prospects to non-WC teams like Bulgaria, Romania and Italy recently so I wouldn't be so sure. 

Speaking of which, doesn't seem like Sali has done much since opting for Romania. No further caps and doesn't seem to have improved on his debut season, at least statistically. 

Enes Sali - Wikipedia

Of course, it's still crazy impressive for him to be playing in Liga 1 Romania at 17 years old, but I am heartened to see his development hasn't exactly exploded since declaring for Romania. 

Now, what he has been doing lately is filling out his youth international resume. Since playing for the senior team in 2021, he's played 14 games for the U-17s (4 goals) and 2 games with the U-19s (0 goals). Clearly right now he's not good enough for the senior team of Canada or Romania, so perhaps another case of playing youth ball for someone else because Canada doesn't have any to offer?

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Speaking of which, doesn't seem like Sali has done much since opting for Romania. No further caps and doesn't seem to have improved on his debut season, at least statistically. 

Enes Sali - Wikipedia

Of course, it's still crazy impressive for him to be playing in Liga 1 Romania at 17 years old, but I am heartened to see his development hasn't exactly exploded since declaring for Romania. 

Now, what he has been doing lately is filling out his youth international resume. Since playing for the senior team in 2021, he's played 14 games for the U-17s (4 goals) and 2 games with the U-19s (0 goals). Clearly right now he's not good enough for the senior team of Canada or Romania, so perhaps another case of playing youth ball for someone else because Canada doesn't have any to offer?

He has a transfer agreed for the summer to a top team that will get some buzz for sure.  Still very much a top tier prospect in Europe...  and the good news is he will play for Canada at the earliest possibility.  

36 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am confused.   

I have no info on whether he’d want to switch or not, but he definitely could if he wanted. He only played 1 match and it wasn’t a final of a major tournament. He played in a World Cup Qualifier in Nov 3 2021, so he could switch to play for us Nov 4 2024 if he doesn’t play for their senior team anymore .

D1D123B9-8D5B-40C2-8251-FB50AB5322A1.jpeg

11 minutes ago, archer21 said:

I have no info on whether he’d want to switch or not, but he definitely could if he wanted. He only played 1 match and it wasn’t a final of a major tournament. He played in a World Cup Qualifier in Nov 3 2021, so he could switch to play for us Nov 4 2024 if he doesn’t play for their senior team anymore .

D1D123B9-8D5B-40C2-8251-FB50AB5322A1.jpeg

Wow, time flies! 

1 hour ago, Footyeh said:

He has a transfer agreed for the summer to a top team that will get some buzz for sure.  Still very much a top tier prospect in Europe...  and the good news is he will play for Canada at the earliest possibility.  

What team is he transferring too?

Also, do you have any special information on this, or is this just a hope/guess on your part?

1 hour ago, Footyeh said:

Yeah I'm not buying this off some random post. If he actually wanted to play for Canada I feel like we would have seen reports in Romania about it.

He also hasn't posted this in the actual Sali thread on the WS forum, just here on a thread about a different player.

Edited by VinceA

31 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Yeah I'm not buying this off some random post. If he actually wanted to play for Canada I feel like we would have seen reports in Romania about it.

He also hasn't posted this in the actual Sali thread on the WS forum, just here on a thread about a different player.

You've probably seen this but theres a post on the sali thread about sporting being interested. 

36 minutes ago, VinceA said:

To be fair, I don't think everyone on this board uses the WS forum (I don’t). I agree though, I’m not just going to take 1 guy’s word on an Internet forum.

5 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

You've probably seen this but theres a post on the sali thread about sporting being interested. 

Thanks for passing that along. Probably he goes to the B team and/or the U23s. Doubt he's ready for the first team if he's not lighting up Liga 1 Romania. 

5 hours ago, VinceA said:

Why would there be reports on it in Romania?  I'm not sure it's the smartest thing to be announcing that he will be switching while playing in Romania... for one of the biggest Romanian legends who was directly influencing that senior call up and is also handling his transfer.  He's in close contact with the federation and wasn't eligible to join the U17 Canada team because he has to wait 3 years from the date of his senior debut with Romania.  He'll be eligible for the 2025 U20 cycle.

Check back here in the summer I guess😁

31 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

Why would there be reports on it in Romania?  I'm not sure it's the smartest thing to be announcing that he will be switching while playing in Romania... for one of the biggest Romanian legends who was directly influencing that senior call up and is also handling his transfer.  He's in close contact with the federation and wasn't eligible to join the U17 Canada team because he has to wait 3 years from the date of his senior debut with Romania.  He'll be eligible for the 2025 U20 cycle.

Check back here in the summer I guess😁

Did he sign at Sporting or is it elsewhere?

• 3 months later...

Bristol City split their squad and played two friendlies yesterday again.

He again started in one.  

At least some first team players in his game, Alex Scott for instance is highly-rated.  

At least we know he is one the higher-rated of their academy centre-backs.  

Incidently digging a little deeper, he played as a "trialist" for Swindon against Bristol City on the 18th because Swindon didn't have enough players. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

3 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Bristol City split their squad and played two friendlies yesterday again.

He again started in one.  

At least some first team players in his game, Alex Scott for instance is highly-rated.  

At least we know he is one the higher-rated of their academy centre-backs.  

Incidently digging a little deeper, he played as a "trialist" for Swindon against Bristol City on the 18th because Swindon didn't have enough players. 

Wonderful that the EFL uses the same roster filling tactics that my little league team did when we were down a man because a kid wanted to stay home and play video games. A few times we had to roster my friend's little sister and hope for the best- I think that could've been a really interesting tactic for Swindon Town to attempt as well.