Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Semi-Final - Toronto FC v Pacific - November 3, 2021

It's a real shame that the CPL champion doesn't get Canada's birth into the champions league. Instead we have the potential of a bottom feeder team in am American league representing us. I'm really rooting hard for Pacific in this match, and would love to see them go all the way!

2 minutes ago, RJB said:

It's a real shame that the CPL champion doesn't get Canada's birth into the champions league. Instead we have the potential of a bottom feeder team in am American league representing us. I'm really rooting hard for Pacific in this match, and would love to see them go all the way!

The good thing is that in 2 years that won't be the case anymore. 

We're in the thick of our worst stretch of performances and results by far, but I think Pacific will really be up for this one. We came out flying against Vancouver and Bustos if fit now. I'm looking forward to this one, but god do I ever wish it was on the island.

Worlds colliding, this will be weird for me with my two favourite teams facing each other.

I hope Pacific is ready for this one, it seems they had one eye on this fixture before getting through the weekend game against York. TFC has obviously struggled this year but it looks like both Altidore and Pozuelo have been getting minutes lately and both of them could do a lot of damage against Pacific's backline. Likewise, Pacific is the CPL's best offence and Toronto's defence has had some real blunders lately. 

Here is where the increase in CDN content would help the underdog CPL.  If it was 4 or 5 CDN (more like what Pacific is used to) it would make these games a little more interesting.  But I bet TFC does start 4-5 CDN as it is, the academy kids have been getting lots of chances the last few weeks.  

10 hours ago, RS said:

Osorio, Laryea (if fit) and Shaffelburg are guaranteed to start for TFC. It’s anyone’s guess whether the other Canadians will be in the starting lineup.

You've gotta imagine this is the type of match where JMR starts, with a chance to show his pedigree against a "lower" opponent.

7 hours ago, narduch said:

Pacific were training at Downsview today. I wonder if they weren't allowed to train at BMO because the Argos fucked up the pitch too much.

They trained at BMO today, Downsview yesterday. 

Per CanChamp rules the visiting team has to be allowed to train at the stadium the day before the match (should the team choose to do so), but not any earlier than that. 

Argos have nothing to do with it.

Sorry to say but man, I don't know what the odds pay on a Pacific win but I'm not taking that punt in any way, shape or form.

A Pacific victory would go down as one of those massive Cup upsets worth talking about.  Pick a league, any league, it would be that epic 

1 minute ago, Cheeta said:

Sorry to say but man, I don't know what the odds pay on a Pacific win but I'm not taking that punt in any way, shape or form.

A Pacific victory would go down as one of those massive Cup upsets worth talking about.  Pick a league, any league, it would be that epic 

If this game was played in July Pacific probably win