Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Semi-Final - Toronto FC v Pacific - November 3, 2021

Massive 2nd half effort by Pacific.  Well don’t boys - you repped the CPL really well in this competition. 

And TFC wins it largely on the strength of the Canadian content.  Altidore may have gotten the first but Shaff (from Laryea) was the game winner.  Those two were busy all night.   

Fun game to watch.  Looking forward to the final.  

17 minutes ago, red card said:

In fairness TFC has been drawing crowds like this for their domestic contests as well. I thought the TFC supporters section was fairly loud and lively. Of course the games are going to be bigger to CPL teams then MLS. The smaller clubs always relish the chance to take on the giants and pull off the upsets. The fans also love to see the big clubs come in. 

Pretty atrocious 2nd half performance by TFC, especially by most of the vets. Pozuelo looks completely off this year and its rather incredible that Delgado played the full match. Thumbs down to Perez for not bringing on more Canucks in the 2nd half, they would have played like they cared or at the very least not like they thought the game was won at halftime. Julian Dunn apparently has proven that he can play at the MLS level, but apparently not against CPL opposition given his absence tonight in favour of two players playing out of position at CB (and who often looked it).

3 hours ago, wallflower said:

Dada-luke one of most promising players in cpl IMO - but, he did not show it this game

Agreed, I can see him moving up if he pulls it all together. Loads of raw talent and he seems to be improving all the time.

10 hours ago, grasshopper1917 said:

In fairness TFC has been drawing crowds like this for their domestic contests as well. I thought the TFC supporters section was fairly loud and lively. Of course the games are going to be bigger to CPL teams then MLS. The smaller clubs always relish the chance to take on the giants and pull off the upsets. The fans also love to see the big clubs come in. 

Looked like one of the biggest crowds of the year if I'm honest.

13 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Pretty atrocious 2nd half performance by TFC, especially by most of the vets. Pozuelo looks completely off this year and its rather incredible that Delgado played the full match. Thumbs down to Perez for not bringing on more Canucks in the 2nd half, they would have played like they cared or at the very least not like they thought the game was won at halftime. Julian Dunn apparently has proven that he can play at the MLS level, but apparently not against CPL opposition given his absence tonight in favour of two players playing out of position at CB (and who often looked it).

They looked like they were playing a friendly after the first half-hour or so. That's when things get interesting, when complacency sets in - and suddenly you are only up by one, and the other team are playing like they mean it.

3 hours ago, Terry_Canuck said:

Any chance of the Forge-Toronto FC final ever taking place?

Given how congested Hamilton's schedule is, and they could easily be in the CPL playoffs, and possible the CONCACAF League to the bitter end - I guess it depends on how long TFC is willing to stick around after the 2021 final.

At some point, with their Concacaf League play, and Champions League presumably starting in February, perhaps Hamilton will agree to just let it go.

Though I suppose turning a February pre-season friendly into a final, somewhere in the tropics, might be a possibility.