Canada's Octo Schedule

TGAA_Star

This is the schedule for our qualifying games in order via Canada Soccer IG account

1- Honduras (Home) (September 2nd, 2021)

2- USA (Away) (September 5th 2021)

3- El Salvador (Home) (September 8th 2021)

4- Mexico (Away) (October 7, 2021)

5- Jamaica (Away) (October 10, 2021)

6- Panama (Home) (October 13, 2021)

7- Costa Rica (Home) (November 2021)

8- Mexico (Home) (November 2021)

9- Honduras (Away) (January 27, 2022)

10- USA (Home) (January 30, 2022)

11- El Salvador (Away) (February 2nd, 2022)

12- Costa Rica (Away) (March 24th 2022)

13- Jamaica (Home) (March 27th 2022)

14- (Final matchday) Panama (Away) (March 30th 2022)

But exact dates are TBD still well in November anyway

Edited by TGAA_Star
Correction on dates

By the time the Jamaica match is held, we will have a clear idea of our top 4 chances. Call me an optimist, but I think by then interest in the NT should be sky high. Best case scenario would have Jamaica out of contention too. 

Would be an interesting match for our players with Jamaican roots I’m sure (Anthony-Kaye, Hoilett, Taj, Henry, Miller, Larin).

11 minutes ago, BigMo said:

By the time the Jamaica match is held, we will have a clear idea of our top 4 chances. Call me an optimist, but I think by then interest in the NT should be sky high. Best case scenario would have Jamaica out of contention too. 

Would be an interesting match for our players with Jamaican roots I’m sure (Anthony-Kaye, Hoilett, Taj, Henry, Miller, Larin).

I know Canada/Jamaica especially if we play at home in BMO Field of all places in Toronto, it will be a cagey affair but then again most Canada/Jamaica games are

24 minutes ago, narduch said:

My guess is CSA will wait until early August to decide the September host cities.

The decision may be based on which province allows the most fans in.

Perhaps Edmonton for Honduras and Vancouver for El Salvador?

For Honduras I would definitely host them in Vancouver at BC Place and for El Salvador host them in Montreal at Olympic Stadium...just how I would do it

15 minutes ago, ADP10 said:

Ideally we’d want Mexico to dominate every teams they face other than us so no one gains points from them, but i’m not sure if thats the same case for the states. There is a larger chance they don’t qualify again compared to Mexico imo

I don’t even think this will be the case unless a team is depleted by injuries. Everybody seems to have their bogey teams, Mexico isn’t immune to that as Costa Rica always performs against them, and Jamaica can do thing. Both those teams they have as their first two games. 

I think with less than 72hrs of turn around between games , this will leave everybody vulnerable to defeat. 

Depth will be key...and I think the USA has the best depth, followed by Mexico and their aging cast, and then Jamaica with their ever expanding arsenal of weapons. 

Just now, scullion44 said:

Rest David and Davies for the USA away game and start them both home matches.

I was thinking that for Atiba. Especially if the home games are in the same city. Don't even make him travel to the US. Just stay home and rest up.

The Jamaica coach recently voiced frustrations with the FA. Things are not good there right now.

The big problem was the JFF president coming out lying and saying that a number of high profile players had committed to getting passports to play for Jamaica but like 80% of the list he gave have responded and said they never spoke about committing and at the moment don't plan to rep Jamaica.

Fans and players are fed up. A number of the CONCACAF youtube shows consistently say on the administrative side the JFF are horribly lackadaisical.

Edited by VinceA

9 minutes ago, scullion44 said:

Rest David and Davies for the USA away game and start them both home matches.

Disagree for our two young guys.  There are guys that should be rotated but 3 games in 7 days is doable for these guys.  It isn’t any different than what Davies faced when Bayern had CL games or David with Europa (though I think Lille rotated their strikers a bit more).  

Let’s not pretend that the US away is a  totally lost cause.  It isn’t super likely, but we could potentially get points off them.  And any points we get off them is huge - it puts them in the mix for the lower spots and makes the really need results against the others.  

He said some guys (Antonio, Roofe) were in the process, the process has been taking longer than usual due to Covid - apparently. Some hasn’t been talked to (Redmond)

But we’ll know by the Gold Cup preliminary roster. 

Jamaica full strength will still be problems with their team today. 

With the US’s depth and youth I think this format favours them. I would expect they would be the toughest team in the octagonal. Mexico next just due to their quality. After that it’s pretty wide open amongst CR, Honduras, Jamaica and Canada..potentially even Panama.

I hope Hutch and Arfield come back into the mix. We need more midfield depth in quality as squad rotation will be huge.

I get Vancouver for January, it makes sense for us. I just hate how it's gonna prime a ton of Americans to do Seattle game / Portland game and have massive road support in YVR.

It wouldn't be so much of a sting if I wasn't certain they'll put us in Colorado or Texas in September to limit our travel. 

Edited by Califax

VOYAGEURS TRAVEL PLANNING

I suggest we focus on that first home game against Honduras to be the official Voyageurs homecoming, where everyone across the country makes the extra effort to come to Toronto and support the team together.  

That March 24 Costa Rica Away game is looking very inviting, and only a short trip to Panama a few days later.  

Just now, BrennanFan said:

VOYAGEURS TRAVEL PLANNING...

That March 24 Costa Rica Away game is looking very inviting, and only a short trip to Panama a few days later.  

I probably won’t be in Panama, but CR in March is very realistic for me.  Then fly into Toronto on the way back to PEI, and hang out for a couple days to catch the home game against Jamaica.  Already mapping it out and lining it up with the kids’ March Break schedule next year.  

51 minutes ago, VinceA said:

The Jamaica coach recently voiced frustrations with the FA. Things are not good there right now.

The big problem was the JFF president coming out lying and saying that a number of high profile players had committed to getting passports to play for Jamaica but like 80% of the list he gave have responded and said they never spoke about committing and at the moment don't plan to rep Jamaica.

Fans and players are fed up. A number of the CONCACAF youtube shows consistently say on the administrative side the JFF are horribly lackadaisical.

Really seems like we may have a competitive logistical advantage over many of these other nations. As the old saying goes, tactics win battles and logistics win wars.