Canada's Octo Schedule

TGAA_Star

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

SkyDome for November?

You can still play at BMO Field in November.

November might make sense to play in Vancouver. Its only a 2 match window and the first game isn't until Friday. So the players should have plenty of time to get there and get a few training sessions in with the team.

The September/October games make the most sense in Toronto or Montreal

2 minutes ago, narduch said:

You can still play at BMO Field in November.

November might make sense to play in Vancouver. Its only a 2 match window and the first game isn't until Friday. So the players should have plenty of time to get there and get a few training sessions in with the team.

The September/October games make the most sense in Toronto or Montreal

Argos are at home during that window.

Completely biased I would love for them to play more games at BC place, but the lions are also home during that window.

Montreal does make the most sense for the November games, BC place for the US game, and BMO for the rest perhaps.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

Argos are at home during that window.

Completely biased I would love for them to play more games at BC place, but the lions are also home during that window.

Montreal does make the most sense for the November games, BC place for the US game, and BMO for the rest perhaps.

Ah crap I forgot.

I would do Toronto for September + October. Montreal for both November games. Vancouver for January.

I have to assume they're waiting for the National Interest Exemption. Since those have been granted to MLS teams hopefully this is announced shortly. 

The match would still be capped at 15K at BMO for now, but additional tickets could always be released if / when restrictions change

LOL, I should have said "national tea attendance record".

"On March 25, 2016, in a World Cup qualifier against Mexico at BC Place Stadium in Vancouver, 54,798 people were recorded in the stadium which set a new attendance record for a Canadian national team of any sport." - Wikipedia

On 7/30/2021 at 9:53 AM, mrstepp817 said:

is Hamilton an option at all if BMO's not available and the CSA doesn't want to make Europe based players travel across the country?? I get Saputo is probably preferred because its grass, but I do like the stadium in Hamilton

Tim Hortons Field just had new field turf installed this year as well. 

On 7/30/2021 at 9:53 PM, mrstepp817 said:

is Hamilton an option at all if BMO's not available and the CSA doesn't want to make Europe based players travel across the country?? I get Saputo is probably preferred because its grass, but I do like the stadium in Hamilton

Hamilton hosts the Grey Cup in December so may have additional seating installed already in November that could boost attendance 

• 3 months later...
On 6/16/2021 at 5:56 PM, finchster said:

If it were up to me...

Honduras (Home) (September 2nd, 2021) Toronto

El Salvador (Home) (September 8th 2021) Toronto

Panama (Home) (October 13, 2021) Toronto

Costa Rica (Home) (November 2021) Edmonton

Mexico (Home) (November 2021) Edmonton 

USA (Home) (January 30, 2022) Vancouver

Jamaica (Home) (March 27th 2022) (somewhere other than Toronto)

I am going to hurt my arm patting myself on my back so hard.