COQ | Match Thread: Canada U23 vs Haiti U23 | March 22 @ 6:00pm EST

narduch

I feel like the lack of match fitness and temperature is doing a number on the pace and intensity of this game. If either team finds the energy to press or to attack in numbers they should be able to break through. My opinion of Bair sours every time I watch him, he would be my first man off.

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

The first 10 minutes was good but things degenerated after that.  

Tabla has to come on to add some offensive sophistication.  

On the bright side, Haiti hasn’t shown much on offence so grabbing a single goal may be enough.   

That looks to be what they are thinking!

I don't know how to feel about Biello taking two strikers, who between them have 3 pro goals.

Like Ongaro and Campbell scored for fun in 2019 and I get 2020 was tougher on them but they've shown they can score.

I like Bair and am happy he's on the team but Brym has been very middling this whole time.

4 minutes ago, costarg said:

Bring on Diaz and Tabla now please!

Is the strategy really long ball dump and chase?  Or are they just gassed already?

Tabla at least.  It was his ball that created the first goal Friday.  There have been no good balls delivered this whole half.  Feel sorry for the technical be people who have to find highlights

Edited by Free kick

That was a much more dominant first half than against El Salvador. And Haiti is weaker in pretty well all parts of the field. 

We are coasting a bit, although we could be pacing it with that heat, pushing 30. 

Our chances to score were decent, we probably should have had one. 

Buchanan: he can be sloppy, is a bit too individualist when a pass option is clear. Also Daniels on that silly direct kick when it had to be a centre. But Buchanan: at 22 he has bad habits and if he went to Europe he'd have them kicked out of him in 3 weeks, he plays like a hotshot 18 year old. He also is not at all rigorous defending. 

Strongest players: Godinho, Cornelius. Metcalfe is a solid player I did not know. Brym is better around and behind the target, but between him and Bair they have to hit harder and impose themselves more, which will give everyone else space coming in.

I'm not gonna go that far, but we haven't shown any ability to break down bus parkers at any level. I think we should just give up on forcing ourselves through the middle, and play their game. Unironically, we should just put Buchannan back with ZBG and set up longballs down the right. It sounds stupid, but I don't have faith in beating this system with short passes when the middle is completely clogged up.

Bair needs to come off... he's not doing anything. 

2 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I don't know how to feel about Biello taking two strikers, who between them have 3 pro goals.

Like Ongaro and Campbell scored for fun in 2019 and I get 2020 was tougher on them but they've shown they can score.

I like Bair and am happy he's on the team but Brym has been very middling this whole time.

This is my main concern with this squad and this game has done nothing to convince me otherwise

2 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

It sounds stupid, but I don't have faith in beating this system with short passes when the middle is completely clogged up

If that pass to Bair had come a split second earlier he would have been through on goal after some quick passing up the middle. The other offside call on Buchanan when he was through also resulted from some quick passing up the middle

Edited by Aird25

6 minutes ago, One American said:

It's fine. Don't waste all of the energy in the first half with the sun. Let the sun go down over the stadium. 

I think the first goal is very important and Haiti are sitting deep and are susceptible to the high press.  The longer the game goes on without a goal(for Canada)the heat plays more of a factor and Haiti has the advantage there... need to get a jump on the start of the 2nd half and try to nick a goal and take the wind out of their sails... 

TB is better on the wing with more space running at players. Need to isolate him 1v1 ...anyways just my opinion...