COQ | Match Thread: Canada U23 vs Haiti U23 | March 22 @ 6:00pm EST

narduch

23 minutes ago, El Diego said:

I was expecting more rotation. I am guessing Biello may be thinking that if we win this one, we can just rest guys for the third match for the all important semi.

I don’t know.  Sure you want guys to be fresh but at the end of the day getting to the semis means nothing (other than a moral victory) if you don’t win your way into the top 2.  

Not to get too far ahead of things, but I don’t see us resting guys against Honduras and increasing the chances of a loss - that takes it out of our hands and means we likely play the other #1 (probably Mexico).  

I could be wrong but that seems like asking for trouble.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I don’t know.  Sure you want guys to be fresh but at the end of the day getting to the semis means nothing (other than a moral victory) if you don’t win your way into the top 2.  

Not to get too far ahead of things, but I don’t see us resting guys against Honduras and increasing the chances of a loss - that takes it out of our hands and means we likely play the other #1 (probably Mexico).  

Not winning today, and needing a win against Honduras is also a risk given our history against them. Anything could happen between Haiti and El Salvador.

7 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but this tournament is so brutal. Barely any rest and the conditions are nasty. Tough thing to balance. 

OneSoccer panel is saying that Mexico is clearly better than USA, so Canada should try and match up with the States if they can. I haven't seen enough of Group A to formulate an opinion myslef, but Wheeler and Platt seem to agree with you.

Clearly we would be significant underdogs against the US too, and for good reason, but yah I would take my chances with them over Mexico. The good news is that Mexico and US play tomorrow night so we will know exactly what we need to avoid Mexico in the semis...of course so will Honduras so it might make things tricky