Theo Corbeanu

jordan

2 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

Club should come out shortly.  Word is Wolves needed to sell as they maxed the loan quota outside of England.  I am told Wolves accepted an offer today from a Spanish club and also had offers from Belgium and Italy that fell short.

I am told by Twitter that Granada is interested. 

Guardian is reporting that Granada just took a Man U winger on loan...

31 January 2024

Facundo Pellistri

URU

Winger

Manchester United to Granada

After 14 appearances for United this season, Uruguay international looks to build on previous La Liga loans to Alavés

23 minutes ago, badname22 said:

Granada also brought in Pelistri from Man United who was a constant call-up for Uruguay. They also have Zaragoza who's going to Bayern in the summer. Will be interesting to see how many minutes Theo would get

I think Fabrizio Romano has suggested that Bayern are pushing to bring Zaragoza this window, could be big implications for them and surviving relegation 

Edit: Zaragoza is leaving https://x.com/fabrizioromano/status/1752818369252761910?s=46&t=jq2aEPgJj7vxzNx1NF6O7A

Edited by Atlantic

Whether or not they get relegated, its a good step IMO.  Granada is a strong club with good talents, and it's a type of football that could very well suit his qualities.  They bounced back up quickly last time and you'd have to think they'll be well positioned to do the same next season.  Until then, he gets to test himself in arguably the 2nd biggest league in the world in a team that chose to invest good money into acquiring him.  

So this is a sale and not a loan? Very interesting and kind of makes sense. La Liga would have been a surprisingly high level for a loan, considering his previous loan destinations have been: League One, Championship, 2.Bundesliga, Swiss Super League.

I don't know enough about Granada or Wolves to say if this is a lateral move or not on the pitch, but I have been to Granada and it's a Beautiful city, what with Alhambra and all. The whole Andalusia region is beautiful.

Good luck to him if that's where he ends up!

3 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Would it? They are currently 19th, 6 points adrift. 

I see Bristol City is also "interested".  Both teams have a good chance of being second tier next year. 

It worked for Larin last year. Maybe he plays good and another team goes for him. Or maybe he just plays in the second tier next year and tries to dominate. 

1 hour ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

This is awesome news. Hope he gets gametime and helps get them out of relegation 

Does this put him in contention for our next match?

It probably depends on how much he plays.

If he has a meaningful contribution to a team in La Liga, that would be hard to ignore.

If he's a fringe player, like he's been at Wolves, we may not see him.

This is a guy who's been on the outside for a while, so it's going to take something big to shift that. Playing regularly in La Liga, even 10-15 minutes a game off the bench, would be something big, as far as I am concerned.

Not much on this here, Granada has been very active this transfer window, signing all over the pitch (including two keepers, unusual). As Wolves can't keep loaning, as per that story that came out over a week ago, it's a problem for clubs like Granada who prefer not to buy. So that's the only story I see-he's on the lists but they are reluctant to buy. 

It's rumoured they'll pick up three players today.

Also see Corbeanu to MLS stories.

Edit: Bryan Zaragoza has gone to Bayern early, this morning, in a last minute deal that enriches Granada, as they get 4.5 million euros more on top of the 12 agreed upon for the summer 

Granada has added 8 players this window, mostly loans. They could buy Theo and need a wing. But would they pay a million, 1.5?

What they really should do is ask for Millar.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Damn, just saw that. Didn't think they were serious. They took that extra 4.5 from Bayern and threw part immediately into Corbeanu.

Even if Granada go down he'll be playing at an incredible level.

Granada visit Barça here on Sunday Feb 11. They go to Mallorca for the Canadian face-off the mid March weekend. They're 6 points back of salvation with 16 games to play.

Ideal, the only Granada daily, just updated the story 10 minutes ago. 

https://www.ideal.es/granadacf/mercado-fichajes-granada-estrecha-cerco-sobre-corbeanu-20240201104119-nt.html

Usually in Spain the rumours preceed the moves; in this case give credit to those who had the news before the Spanish sources. Or maybe with Granada making so many moves, it got lost. For example, Granada just sent a Senegalese striker, Famara Diédhiou, on loan to Cardiff City. Them picking up Pellistri on loan from Manchester United makes you think that was the cover. But no, they pick up Theo, even younger, as well. Meaning they are offloading some attackers to try for others.

They've also picked up Hongla, the DM who was with Larin last year at Valladolid, a couple guys on loan from Brazil and Argentina, another from Salzburg, they are really all over the place. 

More stuff:

Granada are owned by DDMC, through Daxian, a Chinese conglomerate. They were rumoured to sell to an American group last summer, Mountain Star, from El Paso, who also have a LigaMX team.

A few years ago they were owned by the same Italian, Pozzo, who has Udinense and Watford, but that connection no longer exists.

Last season they won 2nd division and promoted, after relegating the previous year. Three years ago, after an excellent 19-20 campaign coming 7th, they knocked Napoli out of Europa league in the round of 16 and played quarter finals, where they fell to United. A very inconsistent side but with potential, which may explain the wild transfer movements, and interest from multiple buyers.

As @Obinna rightly says, incredible place to live. I personally don't like Granada that much as a city, because of how urban planning chopped up the historical quarters, but you are sitting below the Alhambra, with the snow-covered Sierra Nevada looming right over your head. 

11 minutes ago, Shway said:

If he starts to get minutes, does he shoot up the depth chart? 

I would think this would make him an automatic call up. He already should've been getting calls, but if he's playing for Granada, that's one of the highest levels of any of our players.

Edited by InglewoodJack

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

Taking bets for who gets their first top 5 league minutes first- Theo or Tajon?

How long has Theo been without training? I think that Grasshopper purchase by LAFC cut him off around the 19th of January, so that is 10 days. But then I heard he was back with Wolves reserves. 

They have a lot of pieces to look at, sort out, train, the coach likely has little idea of what he's been given.

He is too late for this weekend, you'd think; they are home Saturday afternoon to Las Palmas. So next week in Barcelona.

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

How long has Theo been without training? I think that Grasshopper purchase by LAFC cut him off around the 19th of January, so that is 10 days. But then I heard he was back with Wolves reserves. 

They have a lot of pieces to look at, sort out, train, the coach likely has little idea of what he's been given.

He is too late for this weekend, you'd think; they are home Saturday afternoon to Las Palmas. So next week in Barcelona.

It’s a shame that they were knocked out of Copa Del Rey by a 4th (?) tier team, because those are the perfect matches for them. Cup shouldn’t matter for them, they’re focused on staying afloat, so give him run in a meaningless game and see what he can give you. 

Definitely not playing this weekend, then vs Barcelona, that would be quite the trial by fire, but maybe Granada figures it’s a scheduled loss so may as well just let the new guys get some run and see what happens. I think realistically we may see him on the 18th against Almeria. That would be my guess.