Theo Corbeanu

jordan

19 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

I think as a top level pro you have to be good at one thing more so than others.  For Theo, that can be assists.  Even if he doesn't score a single goal, a team will value a player who can give them 10+ assists a season and he will be paid handsomely for it.

He can do both, and there are pros out there like that as well. That said, if he wants to focus on playmaking and continues to generate assists, that will hold value. I agree. 

10 hours ago, Obinna said:

He was literally player of the month for his team.

Player of the team on a team that didn't win during the month. 4 losses and one tie. Outscored 9-3. Three goals in five winless games. And they score 3 yesterday in one game with him on the bench.

This looks alot like the MK Dons loan. I am pretty sure, he won the player of month and got moved to the bench in the next couple games. But that was a award voted by the fans. He is always loved by the fans because of his attacking style. I don't know who selects the player of the month for Grasshoppers. He always starts on fire after a loan and then cools down. My guess is it because other teams properly scout his very straight forward style of play. Then they do a better job of defending him

Yesterday could of just been a rest game but it would be weird with the international break coming.

Edited by blueseeka

52 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

Player of the team on a team that didn't win during the month. 4 losses and one tie. Outscored 9-3. Three goals in five winless games. And they score 3 yesterday in one game with him on the bench.

This looks alot like the MK Dons loan. I am pretty sure, he won the player of month and got moved to the bench in the next couple games. But that was a award voted by the fans. He is always loved by the fans because of his attacking style. I don't know who selects the player of the month for Grasshoppers. He always starts on fire after a loan and then cools down. My guess is it because other teams properly scout his very straight forward style of play. Then they do a better job of defending him

Yesterday could of just been a rest game but it would be weird with the international break coming.

I saw that Mabil started, not sure if that was a part of it. 

Screenshot_20231008_125312_Firefox.jpg

It was another fan voted award

Vote now! We are looking for the 'Hopper of the Month September'! Presented by Synergetics, there are four Hoppers to choose from: Tsiy Ndenge, Theo Corbeanu, Kristers Tobers & Théo Ndicka.  All participants will be entered into a draw to win a signed GC home jersey 23/24 of the 'Hopper of the month September'! Take part and vote now:

Edited by blueseeka

Certainly, his team winning 3-0 while he sat on the bench isn't good, but getting Player-of-the-Month honours is still a great achievement. I honestly don't know what else he can do at this point. It's true his last start didn't go well, but he has been a shining star on a very poor side otherwise. Everyone has a bad game from time to time. Look at our strikers. 

39 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Certainly, his team winning 3-0 while he sat on the bench isn't good, but getting Player-of-the-Month honours is still a great achievement. I honestly don't know what else he can do at this point. It's true his last start didn't go well, but he has been a shining star on a very poor side otherwise. Everyone has a bad game from time to time. Look at our strikers. 

I've watched every game hes played an he has been one of their most effect attacking players a threat every time hes on the ball, he like Liam said abouty the Swiss league that he needs better players around him on a better team most of those go in. Grass hoppers as a team are poor he has been one shining light..

I don't think his form has dropped I think because of the poor start the manager has had to change things and try to be more secure and unfortunately Theo has bene a product of that, lets hope he can work his way back in to the starting line up maybe the non call up is blessing to work hard with the club team.. I know Liam played in Ipswich saturday drove back 5.5 hrs got home at midnight and fle wout to japan at 730 am this morning( a 16hr journey..)

Best of Luck to hi the swiis super league is a great spingboard

• 2 weeks later...

Two games in a row. Just continues his regular transfer routine.

1. Transfer to new team in new league

2. Starts and plays well. Wins fan voted player of the month.

3. Opponents figure out how to defend his attacking style

4. Team starts losing and he gets moved to bench

5. Canadians confused why the manager hates him

He has so much talent. He definitely did a better job of playing within a team this year. Way more passing than past years. He was also taking freekicks and corners. Hopefully he justs accepts a bench role and thrives from there. I hated last year when Basel moved Liam to the bench but he just grew from there. Looks like a new player this year

1 minute ago, blueseeka said:

He has so much talent. He definitely did a better job of playing within a team this year. Way more passing than past years. He was also taking freekicks and corners. Hopefully he justs accepts a bench role and thrives from there. I hated last year when Basel moved Liam to the bench but he just grew from there. Looks like a new player this year

To be fair, they played a friendly midweek and he produced a quality assist on the opening goal. Also, Grasshopper have been terrible all season. Sure, they won 3-0 after putting Corbeanu on the bench for one game. But that's just one game. 

I'm not disputing that there appears to be a trend. But Corbeanu has been a huge part of the team's attack as a playmaker. I'm cautiously optimistic that he'll bounce back. 

33 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

It's all just so strange.  There has to be something going on behind the scenes.  Maybe he's just not a nice guy and coach/team don't like him?  How else can we explain a kid with the physical attributes as well as obvious talent just can't keep a spot at a level he's obviously good enough for.  How many teams and loans now?  And not one was interested in keeping him or even playing him after the first few games?  Just weird, or just so obvious that we're not seeing it.