Theo Corbeanu

jordan

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

Just saw both his assists on Instagram- good god. First one was a beautiful corner ball that perfectly found his man at the back post, second one was a violent ball across the pitch that caught a teammate streaking before the guy fires off a shot from 40 yards out. Excellent vision for both. 

Exactly. Love how he wins the corner as well for the first goal. Shows his strength with the "get-off-me" stiff arm. Then sees he's running out of real estate and just blasts the ball off the defender to earn the corner. 

16 hours ago, VinceA said:

Wait he got two assists and his reward was to start on the bench

It's odd he is doing well and getting pushed to the bench. I wonder if Grasshoppers have decided they won't be buying him and thus feel no more incentive to start him. Or, maybe they had to commit to X number of starts or minutes during the loan and front loaded those things early on....

4 hours ago, Obinna said:
21 hours ago, VinceA said:

Wait he got two assists and his reward was to start on the bench

It's odd he is doing well and getting pushed to the bench. I wonder if Grasshoppers have decided they won't be buying him and thus feel no more incentive to start him. Or, maybe they had to commit to X number of starts or minutes during the loan and front loaded those things early on....

If this is the case, then I think it's time to find a permanent club if Wolves don't want him on the first team. 

I watched him yesterday. He looked like a fish out of water. But the team dug a terrible hole going down 3-1 early, so you can't really blame him. It was a sloppy mess all over the park for Grasshopper. He isn't a miracle worker, even if it seems that way sometimes. 

After watching that recent interview he did, I sense his confidence is taking a hit with the CMNT squad omissions / being benched, and it showed yesterday. While I'm sure the variety of loans has helped him learn many new things in a short amount of time, he needs to stay strong mentally.

He's achieved a lot this year, and many people recognize that -- even if he's being benched or not being selected for the CMNT. 

He knows what he has to do. Continue with the overall good play and end up on a solid side long-term. If it's not Wolves, he'll find a good club, I'm sure. 

Something must be up with Theo. No way he is an unused sub and the following week dropped from the lineup altogether, unless something has transpired. Maybe that is injury or possibly an impending recall to Wolves in the winter, but it just can't be down to form. Anytime I have watched him he's been on of their main attacking threats. 

My guess (without knowing anything) is that Grasshopper have no intention to buy or Wolves has no intention to sell (to Grasshopper), so maybe it's back to England in 2024. And if you are Grasshopper, may as well get used playing without Theo now. Maybe that's why his minutes are going to Mabil.

I think it's a season long loan, but this wouldn't be the first time his loan was cut short.

As for Corbeanu and Wolves, does anyone think he is ready to actually challenge for minutes at Wolves right now? This is as good as we have seen from him.

I know we have at least one Wolves fan here that could give his thoughts...

Edited by Obinna

30 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Something must be up with Theo. No way he is an unused sub and the following week dropped from the lineup altogether, unless something has transpired. Maybe that is injury or possibly an impending recall to Wolves in the winter, but it just can't be down to form. Anytime I have watched him he's been on of their main attacking threats. 

I'm not sure where all of this leaves him, but he did come off the bench last week. The team is reporting his omission as an injury. It could be nothing, honestly. Too early to tell, imo.

On the subject of going back to Wolves, I think he needs a bit more time to show consistency. I'd hate to see him go back to Wolves, given garbage minutes and do nothing, and then just sit on the bench after that.

Whatever time he gets there, he has to make an impact. That means performances like the one last week are a no-go. Just on that basis, I would not want to see him recalled at this point. If it was virtually any other league, I might feel differently. But looking at what happened with Laryea, we know how unforgiving the EPL can be. 

5 hours ago, Obinna said:

My guess (without knowing anything) is that Grasshopper have no intention to buy or Wolves has no intention to sell (to Grasshopper), so maybe it's back to England in 2024. And if you are Grasshopper, may as well get used playing without Theo now. Maybe that's why his minutes are going to Mabil.

I think it's a season long loan, but this wouldn't be the first time his loan was cut short.

As for Corbeanu and Wolves, does anyone think he is ready to actually challenge for minutes at Wolves right now? This is as good as we have seen from him.

I know we have at least one Wolves fan here that could give his thoughts...

He got a contact injury in training, Wolves have him in with their doctors for scans.  No timeline yet until they know the extent of the injury.  

As for the highlighted part, there was never any intention for Grasshoppers to buy him or Wolves to sell to them.  It's the same ownership group, it was just a way for him to get minutes ahead of the Summer window.  

Edited by Footyeh

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Interesting. Playing down the left today. 

Switches to the right. Currently in the 33rd minute down 1-0. 

So-so game from him at this point. Turned it over a couple of times, but has created a bit as well. Put in a good cross but no one got a head to it. Also hit the bar just now from a tight angle. 

Edited by DeRo_Is_King