MM3/MM2/MM

York9 - Season Thread 2020

1 hour ago, Mikmacdo said:

Does the team really need another midfielder? Especially a 6. They need to get some wingers and another 9. 

He's their fifth central midfielder so far and Di Chiara is the only other natural 6, so yes.

2 hours ago, Ansem said:

Happy with the signing, should be a step up in the middle of the park from what we had. Regular starter for Ottawa. But we do seems to have a wealth of talent in the centre mid positions. Looking forward to future announcements. Glad we have kept a core, but with room to move and hopefully challenge.

20 minutes ago, StillOnFire said:

Happy with the signing, should be a step up in the middle of the park from what we had. Regular starter for Ottawa. But we do seems to have a wealth of talent in the centre mid positions. Looking forward to future announcements. Glad we have kept a core, but with room to move and hopefully challenge.

A good number 9 would really help the cause. We weren’t that far off the level last season... with Manella (a good addition at CM) we could now use a proper reliable 9, and maybe even a starting level CB to help Gasparotto out. 

10 hours ago, deschamp86 said:

His versatility and ability to play CB would be helpful, but this is not the kind of signing that is going to allow them to compete with Forge and Cavalry

Disagree. It's a good first step and an upgrade on what they have. He will be a very solid addition to the midfield. Obviously they have to upgrade elsewhere too. Wingers and a number 9. Another solid CB wouldn't hurt either.

12 minutes ago, Ingham said:

So are we playing Masters FA in the CanChamp then?

If so, look forward to Scarborough away!

This bracket makes way more sense. York vs  TFC In round two.

Just now, Mikmacdo said:

This bracket makes way more sense. York vs  TFC In round two.

Part of me thinks it's rigged to see York Lions fill up, but I can't complain. TFC is a dream away, and the home game will be packed.

Only downside to this is that this pretty much confirms no new teams for 2020 in what was already an unlikely situation. Lets hope 2021 will change that.

I would say the downside to the format is that some teams would potentially keep facing each other. Same problem this tournament has always had though since it has been so small, but I hope it doesn’t stay regional too long.

19 hours ago, Ingham said:

So are we playing Masters FA in the CanChamp then?

If so, look forward to Scarborough away!

I thought it was gonna be Scarborough too, L'Amoreaux lol, and then a buddy pointed out that it's most likely going to be at OSC. 

6 minutes ago, narduch said:

The only thing that would be big is Brennan leaving. They seem to have already signed most of their roster already. Have quite a bit of continuity on that front

I have zero idea what the tweets refer to exactly, but whatever he must have heard must be even bigger than Jimmy, if I had to guess.