York9 - Season Thread 2020

2 hours ago, Ansem said:

Happy with the signing, should be a step up in the middle of the park from what we had. Regular starter for Ottawa. But we do seems to have a wealth of talent in the centre mid positions. Looking forward to future announcements. Glad we have kept a core, but with room to move and hopefully challenge.

20 minutes ago, StillOnFire said:

Happy with the signing, should be a step up in the middle of the park from what we had. Regular starter for Ottawa. But we do seems to have a wealth of talent in the centre mid positions. Looking forward to future announcements. Glad we have kept a core, but with room to move and hopefully challenge.

A good number 9 would really help the cause. We weren’t that far off the level last season... with Manella (a good addition at CM) we could now use a proper reliable 9, and maybe even a starting level CB to help Gasparotto out. 

10 hours ago, deschamp86 said:

His versatility and ability to play CB would be helpful, but this is not the kind of signing that is going to allow them to compete with Forge and Cavalry

Disagree. It's a good first step and an upgrade on what they have. He will be a very solid addition to the midfield. Obviously they have to upgrade elsewhere too. Wingers and a number 9. Another solid CB wouldn't hurt either.

6 minutes ago, narduch said:

The only thing that would be big is Brennan leaving. They seem to have already signed most of their roster already. Have quite a bit of continuity on that front

I have zero idea what the tweets refer to exactly, but whatever he must have heard must be even bigger than Jimmy, if I had to guess. 

13 minutes ago, ironcub14 said:

Nice, now something like that would definitely cause a tweet like that, lol. Will watch the space, who knows what it could be. 

I saw someone call the potential TFC v York match the 427 Derby. And I thought that didn't make sense. its more of a Subway derby.

But maybe it will turn out to be true.

2 minutes ago, narduch said:

I saw someone call the potential TFC v York match the 427 Derby. And I thought that didn't make sense. its more of a Subway derby.

More like the "two-faced" derby as York 9 supporters will have trouble picking who to support in that game. 😁

27 minutes ago, narduch said:

Ha I went to look at Google Maps to make sure but yeah the 427 definitely doesn't make any sense, and the 400 doesn't go far enough to make sense either ha. Line 1 kinda works but really...

This is just the Toronto Derby, pure and simple. Maybe the GTA Derby. 

I will slap anybody that tries to call it the 6ix Derby, haha. 

6 minutes ago, ironcub14 said:

Ha I went to look at Google Maps to make sure but yeah the 427 definitely doesn't make any sense, and the 400 doesn't go far enough to make sense either ha. Line 1 kinda works but really...

This is just the Toronto Derby, pure and simple. Maybe the GTA Derby. 

I will slap anybody that tries to call it the 6ix Derby, haha. 

GTA derby makes sense... and yes, can people please stop it with “6ix”?! It’s so silly...

• RS locked this topic