York9 - Season Thread 2020

6 hours ago, Lofty said:

Frankly, I think that in many ways Petrasso flatters to deceive. He only had 1 goal from open play for Valour (2 if you include an empty netter). And although he was possibly the league's best penalty taker and did rack up 5 assists, he also had a penchant for continually losing possession by just taking people on until he eventually lost the ball. Exciting to watch but the total end result did not match. Was also a bit of an oft-injured china doll.

He was one of Valour's best players in 2019 but that ain't sayin' much. There is a reason he is not wanted by clubs in higher leagues.

York needs a penalty taker badly. 

On 12/23/2019 at 9:59 PM, Blackjack15 said:

I was just catching up on some OneSoccer shows and played 'Inside the CPL Episode 28' in the background.  They called the Petrasso signing weeks ago but then I had to rewind to find that it was only in a segment called 'Dream Signings'.  Something about the one player that each team would like to sign from another CPL team's roster.  Had to rewind that part after seeing  Abzi ending up on Calgary and Ingham on HFX...and I was "WHAAAAAT???"  Take a breath...OK only 'dream signings'.        

I wonder if his brother Luca will be back on TFC II next season?   

Edited by Rocket Robin

3 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

So why was Preben Ganzhorn let go, this guy was basically the face of this organization and now he has been let go after just one season, must be more to this story no?

Yeah seriously... I’ve seen nothing official about it though (neither on the CPL website nor the Y9 site). If in fact it’s true that he’s leaving, and that he’s been “fired”, I’d really like to know why. 

9 hours ago, toontownman said:

He'll be 24 by the time the season starts:

https://ca.soccerway.com/players/nicholas-hamilton/430759/

but I guess there was a range of different age limits being rumoured and he would still only be 25 going into an option year. He was one of the players that was mentioned in the original newspaper story:

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/sports/20191220/four-rspl-players-canada-pl-draft

Cavalier’s attackers Alex Thomas, and Nicholas Hamilton, Mount Pleasant midfielder Kevaughn Isaacs, and Molynes United’s Nicholas Nelson could be plying their trade overseas as they have been entered into the Canadian Premier League (CPL) draft, which is scheduled for today in Toronto...

http://www.rjrnewsonline.com/sports/marshall-drafted-by-canadian-premier-league-outfit

Jamaican international and Cavalier forward Alex Marshall has been drafted by Halifax FC in the Canadian Premier League for the 2020 season which kicks off in April... It's understood that the 21 year old Marshall along with another Cavalier forward, nicholas hamilton who was picked up in the draft by a Toronto-based team were spotted by scouts during a match between Cavalier and Mount Pleasant Academy. Kevaughn Isaacs from Mount Pleasant along with Nicholas Nelson from Molynes United went undrafted.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

2 hours ago, Ansem said:

Not really news...

Can't say I'm shocked... They dropped the ball in marketing...Most of North York have no clue the team even exists

They made a big mistake not commiting to north York. Why would you get attached to y9 when they came out and said they would be moving somewhere like Markham in 2-3 years. 

• RS locked this topic