York9 - Season Thread 2020

46 minutes ago, Ansem said:

A shame on Gattas as I liked him, but glad we are keeping Murofushi, i really thought he had some quality, had good positioning, vision and worked hard on the pitch. Really hoping Y9 push on this season, but Forge and Cavalry still seem to be ahead of the pack and I have this feeling HFX will be up there.

The Green Lions Bridge Student Gap as Y9’s Youthful Supporters Group

https://canpl.ca/article/the-green-lions-bridge-student-gap-as-y9s-youthful-supporters-group

Zach Diaz is in an ideal situation as a soccer-loving student at York University. How many students, after all, have a professional club on campus?

So, when he moved on campus last Fall, he decided to organize “the Green Lions,” a student-run supporters group dedicated to Y9 and spreading the word on campus about the team.

“There’s no direct connection between the club and the university and my idea was to create a supporters group that would create one.”

Edited by CDNFootballer

3 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

I think york9 is starting to make better decisions. They are now on freeing students from York season tickets for just 125 and Jerseys for 20. 

As a doctoral student, tempting to get $65 back with this deal (I already renewed), but I should probably just support the club. Wouldn't mind $20 for the jersey though.

Friend and I were talking about Y9's marketing efforts last year, we brainstormed real quick, and came up with some new potential places for Y9 to market to for this year. Last year seemed to be a heavy focus on York Region youth clubs and Vaughan Mills, along with some festivals throughout the region. 

We've already said some of these places many times over the last year, but always worth repeating, since it's such a crucial aspect of getting more fans into York Lions Stadium. Some new potential places to market to include transit such as TTC and VIVA, malls such as Yorkdale, Markville, Hillcrest, Promenade and Fairview, festivals at Downsview, Unionville, Mel Lastman and etc, and youth clubs in Brampton & North York.

The new SG that sprouted up out York U is fantastic btw. 

Looks like Petrasso and Mo Baouli are with Y9 in camp. 

I wonder when Hamilton from Jamaica will join the team?

Doner-Luca-Thompson-Abzi

Murufushi-Manella-Manny

Petrasso-Adjei-Hamilton

Starting to look like a decent team. I could see Porter starting at RW or RM. Maybe add one more winger/striker and they def need to add a u21 defender or two. 

3 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

Looks like Petrasso and Mo Baouli are with Y9 in camp. 

I wonder when Hamilton from Jamaica will join the team?

Doner-Luca-Thompson-Abzi

Murufushi-Manella-Manny

Petrasso-Adjei-Hamilton

Starting to look like a decent team. I could see Porter starting at RW or RM. Maybe add one more winger/striker and they def need to add a u21 defender or two. 

Cool, did you physically see them at the camp? Or just based on Nef's tweet?

19 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

Nef is legit, appreciate his work. 

Would Adjei or mo start ?

I think it’s a bit premature to consider that. He’s just at camp, not sure if that means that he’s been signed or is instead on trial. I’m not sure if he’s any better than what we’ve got. 

5 minutes ago, Kent said:

Hopefully this guy can do whatever is needed to bring more fans out to games and get a stadium plan with a date and location determined and made public. If he can do those two things I would consider that a very successful year.

I don't get why they need another stadium? 

20 minutes ago, Kent said:

Hopefully this guy can do whatever is needed to bring more fans out to games and get a stadium plan with a date and location determined and made public. If he can do those two things I would consider that a very successful year.

I don't know, I rather they scrap the fancy plan of building a stadium and focus on making York Lions work. It's really not bad, the location is great, capacity is where we need it to be right now, washroom/other facilities are fine. I really have nothing to complain about. The only thing they need to figure out is the pitch.

If they did end up moving north to Vaughan, I know a lot of people who travel to the game from downtown who won't be renewing season tickets.

• RS locked this topic