MM3/MM2/MM

York9 - Season Thread 2020

6 hours ago, ironcub14 said:

I thought Adjei's hold-up play was the best in the team all season, all things considered. Whether people felt it was relatively good or bad depends on how one feels about the club overall within the scheme of things. 

He was thé only number 9 who played much. 

1 hour ago, Mikmacdo said:

He was thé only number 9 who played much. 

For a reason, probably. Cox was okay, but mysteriously absent for so much of the season, especially away matches and the end of the season. Rollocks for me still has some ways to go. He's at least better up top than he is at wing. 

6 hours ago, ironcub14 said:

For a reason, probably. Cox was okay, but mysteriously absent for so much of the season, especially away matches and the end of the season. Rollocks for me still has some ways to go. He's at least better up top than he is at wing. 

None of the strikers do it for me. I’d like to see someone new brought in, even if Adjei is kept as depth. 

MD3 got Y9 goal of the year as well. Well-deserved for sure.

CPL Team of the Year? Sure, why not, could debate, but not the point I want to make.

Y9 Player of the Year though? Absolutely no way imho. I saw Doner was sliding in on IG DMs asking for votes too lol, tho I dont know if that had much to do with it lol. 

48 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

Third would be wishful thinking at this point with no Telfer and Gattas as of now. 

This is true, however, there are some players available that they could add that would be helpful (ie. Hamilton, Wright, Malik Johnson)). Although adding these guys would really only be zero sum at the end of the day for them. If Cavalry and Forge lose some players, that could be a bigger factor

2 hours ago, deschamp86 said:

Based on all of York's signings so far, looks like they are aiming for third place again

Based on all the league signings it is looking like Forge and Cavalry dominance again as well.

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Based on all the league signings it is looking like Forge and Cavalry dominance again as well.

Forge will lose Borges though. I expect them to drop off and Cavalry I bet loses Malonga and Waterman. 

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Forge and Calgary wont have a head start next spring.  Pacific will have a good young core thats spent a year together for example.  I think you wont see a team that is as dominant next year, maybe a bit more parity.  

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Forge and Calgary wont have a head start next spring.  Pacific will have a good young core thats spent a year together for example.  I think you wont see a team that is as dominant next year, maybe a bit more parity.  

I definitely don't think Cavalry and Forge will be as dominant. But as of now the other teams still have some distance to make up, even though they will have more chemistry next year. I am unsure if a few new signings for each team will make a huge difference, but Cavalry and Forge are still the ones to beat unless they lose a significant amount of players. I think both will be fine if they lose one or two

On 12/4/2019 at 3:06 PM, The Real Marc said:

Is he seriously doing the heart sign while playing for York 9?

I am not familiar with the significance of this hand gesture.

What is the implication?

1 hour ago, Macksam said:

I am not familiar with the significance of this hand gesture.

What is the implication?

I don't think you are missing anything. I think it means either he loves Y9 or he loves someone who was watching the game. I assume The Real Marc was just trying to make a joke about Y9 not being worthy of his love.