York9 - Season Thread 2020

MD3 got Y9 goal of the year as well. Well-deserved for sure.

CPL Team of the Year? Sure, why not, could debate, but not the point I want to make.

Y9 Player of the Year though? Absolutely no way imho. I saw Doner was sliding in on IG DMs asking for votes too lol, tho I dont know if that had much to do with it lol. 

48 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

Third would be wishful thinking at this point with no Telfer and Gattas as of now. 

This is true, however, there are some players available that they could add that would be helpful (ie. Hamilton, Wright, Malik Johnson)). Although adding these guys would really only be zero sum at the end of the day for them. If Cavalry and Forge lose some players, that could be a bigger factor

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Based on all the league signings it is looking like Forge and Cavalry dominance again as well.

Forge and Calgary wont have a head start next spring.  Pacific will have a good young core thats spent a year together for example.  I think you wont see a team that is as dominant next year, maybe a bit more parity.  

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Forge and Calgary wont have a head start next spring.  Pacific will have a good young core thats spent a year together for example.  I think you wont see a team that is as dominant next year, maybe a bit more parity.  

I definitely don't think Cavalry and Forge will be as dominant. But as of now the other teams still have some distance to make up, even though they will have more chemistry next year. I am unsure if a few new signings for each team will make a huge difference, but Cavalry and Forge are still the ones to beat unless they lose a significant amount of players. I think both will be fine if they lose one or two

1 hour ago, Macksam said:

I am not familiar with the significance of this hand gesture.

What is the implication?

I don't think you are missing anything. I think it means either he loves Y9 or he loves someone who was watching the game. I assume The Real Marc was just trying to make a joke about Y9 not being worthy of his love.

• RS locked this topic