Pacific FC - 2019 Season Thread

ted

7 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Silberbauer must be grateful to have a bit of time to get the squad fit and work on some tactics. 7 games in 3.5 weeks to start your existence is mad. 

I don't want to jinx it, but I think we should see the best game from PFC this season on Saturday. It should be the first time they are nearly fully healthy and rested for a game since the opener. Against what will be a tired/rotated Halifax team, I expect a win. 

2 minutes ago, ktf said:

I don't want to jinx it, but I think we should see the best game from PFC this season on Saturday. It should be the first time they are nearly fully healthy and rested for a game since the opener. Against what will be a tired/rotated Halifax team, I expect a win. 

While I agree with you and think PFC will come out in full force, we did see a very rotated HFX squad on the weekend. I'll bet we get closer to the Wanderers starting 11 as well. (I still think PFC should be able to pull out a W)

3 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

While I agree with you and think PFC will come out in full force, we did see a very rotated HFX squad on the weekend. I'll bet we get closer to the Wanderers starting 11 as well. (I still think PFC should be able to pull out a W)

Hopefully Halifax/Hart starts to put it together as well, after all. I mostly just want to see a good game at this point, and Halifax figuring their line-up cosntruction out is good as well!

8 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

I don't know if Hart knows what our Starting 11 is yet haha. We've had rotation every single game so far, with players experimented in positions all over the field. I hope we do see the lineup so I can stop speculating.

https://victoriasportsnews.com/pacific-fcs-front-office-shuffle-four-staff-no-longer-with-the-team/?fbclid=IwAR0Q0T_62HRkoBR4Mnr66vmXxymIWSr_1vBREhLWyK8ewlqZNXEJrLPFfQ4

After five games, Pacific FC – the only professional sports team on Vancouver Island – has shuffled some of the front office staff.

Gone are James Neilson, John Procopio, and Mo Blake. Also gone is Kadie Smith. Her departure was apparently planned in advance and is amicable.

6 hours ago, Ansem said:

Very interesting. It's nice to know their is a mechanism to fill the squads out. I was wondering how they would manage with such small squads. Is this the first time that something like this has happened in CPL?

Also, it's great to see a relationship develop between the two clubs. The Highlanders have some strong players this year, and they've moved quite a few on to pro teams in the past. 

7 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Also, it's great to see a relationship develop between the two clubs. The Highlanders have some strong players this year, and they've moved quite a few on to pro teams in the past. 

One Highlanders keeper stepping in to sub for a former Highlanders keeper does seem to suggest a solid relationship is building. At least I hope so.

One would think this is meant as a temporary loan, so I have to ask, does Venhola count against Pacific FC's 23-man roster cap?

Also, with Ty called up, how will this affect the Highlander's record? They've been doing really well in USL-2 this year, so being down their keeper is probably going to hurt.

I'm very happy to see some sort of mechanism is in place. Perhaps Highlanders will work as Pacific's de facto Academy. Could be a great working relationship if that's the case.

1 hour ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

You can usually call players up from a lower level on a tryout basis without actually signing them, so he would still be able to play for the Highlanders as long as the schedules don't clash.

No, you cannot dress for a professional team on a try out. 

30 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

He thinks it's volunteer work or something. 

Emergency signings are not unusual in football. Signing someone on a short term loan, and paying the corresponding value, is not at all strange in the international game. But you pay, and the terms are in a contract, and there is actually papers drawn up. Otherwise your national soccer association, representing FIFA, won't sanction them to play.

42 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Happened a lot in London, Ont in the latter day CSL when it was sanctioned as a pro league by the CSA and it's a bit surreal to have Unnamed Trialist chirping away about this given his username refers to Scottish clubs often listing a Trialist in their team lines when they use a player who is on a tryout.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

On another note...Staro and Hernandez are injured, and did not travel. However, where are Al-Ghamdi and Zack Verhoven? Are we jsut saving on flight tickets? Or high school exams for Al-Ghamdi😂😂

5 hours ago, ktf said:

On another note...Staro and Hernandez are injured, and did not travel. However, where are Al-Ghamdi and Zack Verhoven? Are we jsut saving on flight tickets? Or high school exams for Al-Ghamdi😂😂

I think its common in non MLS pro league's in NA to bring 16 players on a road game, happens much of the time in USL and formerly NASL.