Pacific FC - 2019 Season Thread

ted

Does anyone know the #'s behind Shammit Shome sale to MLS. Fced had one transfer in 5 years. Hanson Boakai was close a few times. Could never seal the deal when he trialed abroad. 

Are loans lined up for pacific ? or amateur contracts ...

I'm musing about whether Silberbauer sees he is lacking squad and puts in the kids to make a point: with these guys it won't be enough. So a form of pressure on management. 

Say this as you see he is a bit on edge, which I like, but it could also be because he has only partially gotten what he wants. Which might make sense, if de Jong is making injured what 3-4 solid veterans could be paid to give you depth and higher competitiveness.

Definitely nice to add another signing, and one that seems to be a very strong addition. It is really too bad that he could not have arrived when we really needed the body. Hopefully the next guy come soon as well.

The funny thing is this tough stretch ends after the Cavalry game next week.  We have games June 1 and 15th, 20th, 23rd, and July 1st to finish the spring season. It is amazing to think that out first 5 games were in 21 days (with a CC game thrown in), whereas, our last five plus the second CC game has 41 days,

Hopefully he debuts against Cavalry.

This is one real positive of the spring/fall season idea, it gives teams that really have to work out kinks/fill in rosters the time to have a second go at it. I mean a win against York and suddenly it is back in the realm of possibility, but more realistically we can spend the rest of this season working in these one/two more guys, getting healthy, and getting a proper rotation. 

Another good performance, similar to the first match. Lots of energy, and important for Haber to get his first goal. 

I like we have signed a few players to keep the pressure on those  on the pitch, we need the depth to keep everyone sharper. 

Hernández, for his age, is a very mature player, makes good decisions on the pitch. In general, we have some very talented youth.

Falkirk and Dundee fans have horrendous things to say about him along the lines of him being more interested in being a male fashion model than a professional footballer and for someone who should be an imposing presence looking like he has completely lost any appetite he once may have had for going in where it hurts.

Scottish people (I'm from there originally) can be prone to rhetorical excess, so wasn't sure whether to take that as gospel, but definitely thought it was unwise for any CanPL team to view him as somebody to build a team around rather than somebody you give a chance to hoping he can put the pieces together again.

OneSoccer (@onesoccer) Tweeted:
HIGHLIGHTS | @Pacificfccpl vs @York9FC 

A big day for two teams looking for 3 points. York9 FC brought it back with 2 goals in the second half to settle at a draw!

💜 PFC 2 - 2 YOR 💚

🔥 https://t.co/hishXepRT3   | #CanPLxOneSoccer | #CanPL https://t.co/ySIh4YdWJW https://twitter.com/onesoccer/status/1129868357866541056?s=17

Pacific changed their attacking shape a little bit and it looked like it might have paid off. Unfortunately they seemed out of gas in the second half and couldn't keep up. Baldisimo and Smith both had much better games.

For me, that was the worst reffing so far of games I've watched. The ref was easily influenced by gamesmanship. Also odd that extra time in the first half was 1 minute even though there were two delays for head injuries.