Pacific FC - 2019 Season Thread

ted

59 minutes ago, shorty said:

No word on the two new signings?  Reports made it sound as though they were done and only waiting for ITCs. The supporter night was a week ago and there’s been not a whisper online. Was hoping they might be at least announced before Saturday. 

I seem to remember the Gonzalez deal taking a similarly long time to be made official

11 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Good job Ted, very pro. What's that venue?

Distrikt Nightclub underneath the Sticky Wicket at the Strathcona Hotel. Same venue that the Highlanders used for their season launch party.

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

We had the closest to a best starting 11 on the field as ever imo, which has to make a difference. We also see players solidifying roles and a bit less reliance on youth. 

I didn't think Haber and Campbell were very convincing up top together last night. I think we would've been better off adding Verhoeven or Baldisimo into the midfield and playing with a loan striker.

It's getting harder to keep Zach Verhoven out of the lineup too. 

3 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

How easy/hard is it to take public transit from downtown Victoria to Westhills?  I'm interested in coming down to watch the regular season finale on October 19.

Public Transit is pretty easy but requires either a transfer at the Langford Exchange or a 12-15 minute walk from the intersection of Jacklin Rd and Langford Parkway.

I take the shuttle bus from Darcy's downtown which is still free to ticket holders with pre-registration on EventBrite.

We were staying in Shirley outside of Sooke, so I came in from the West (I think) which really left me with the impression that Langford is a bit of a frontier town. That said (by an already suburban dad), I thought it was quite nice. We spent some time at the new playground between the stadium and Rugby Canada. For sport, this seems like an important location and, long term, I wonder if it will grow a bit like Surrey where, all of a sudden, you have lots of population around to support the club.

Save for the match, I didn't see anyone in the colours around that way -despite visiting many breweries and spots you might expect it. Made me think there are lots of fans like Ted making a long commute from Victoria or Saanich. That said, Sooke to Jordan River is literally littered with hipsters so I'd expect some local growth.

10 hours ago, ted said:

Public Transit is pretty easy but requires either a transfer at the Langford Exchange or a 12-15 minute walk from the intersection of Jacklin Rd and Langford Parkway.

I take the shuttle bus from Darcy's downtown which is still free to ticket holders with pre-registration on EventBrite.

Thanks for the info.  It sounds like a really good way to go.  I was in Victoria earlier in the week (for the first time in many years) and really enjoyed my stay.  I'd like to see this team in action.