Pacific FC - 2019 Season Thread

ted

5 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Maybe the money was always there! Hope the other two signings mentioned come in. 

Fraser Aird down the right wouldn't be too shabby to match Fisk down the left either, if they are splashing out. Worth dropping Issey into a player coach spot or dropping altogether. 

Based on recent form, I'd probably choose Blasco and Verhoven over Fisk and Aird. I never would have guessed that 6 months ago

19 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Is that confirmed?  I’m not sure it would make a difference.

It would. I think Ansem just doesn't want to give credit to the Whitecaps even though it's entirely possible that Inter Miami thought that this was the best scenario since CPL roster freeze hasn't happened and I don't know if USL has a roster freeze, but Ottawa would have been the only option if it was USL. 

16 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Does the transfer window apply within MLS, as all contracts are technically held by the league?

It does. It's just a future trade between Whitecaps and Inter Miami. The trade has been agreed, but it won't happen officially until next year.

4 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

It would. I think Ansem just doesn't want to give credit to the Whitecaps even though it's entirely possible that Inter Miami thought that this was the best scenario since CPL roster freeze hasn't happened and I don't know if USL has a roster freeze, but Ottawa would have been the only option if it was USL. 

But why? I.e Swansea/Cardiff can’t loan players outside the window to English clubs?  I’m not sure that’s true.

17 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

But why? I.e Swansea/Cardiff can’t loan players outside the window to English clubs?  I’m not sure that’s true.

Not the same thing. Cardiff and Swansea are administered by the English FA as long as they are in the top 4 divisions. The Canadian MLS and USL Clubs are administered by the CSA. 

Edited by Blackdude

17 hours ago, Blackdude said:

I think Ansem just doesn't want to give credit to the Whitecaps even though it's entirely possible that Inter Miami thought that this was the best scenario since CPL roster freeze hasn't happened and I don't know if USL has a roster freeze, but Ottawa would have been the only option if it was USL. 

Or maybe I just got it wrong, no need to put words in my mouth 

• 3 weeks later...