CNL - Canada vs Dominica - October 16th Toronto

Admin

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently having a pre-pre-game pint at Maverick Brewing Co and I can’t remember the last time I was this excited for a MNT game. A meaningful game on home soil with arguably the most talented offensive team we’ve ever had that includes a few dual nationals who’ve chosen to represent Canada. This is surreal!

24 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Canada really needs to reach double digits tonight, goal differential is really going to come into play here considering some of the scores we have seen so far. 

I thought that initially too.

It only matters if we lose a game....l which I doubt (he says knocking on wood).

26 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Canada really needs to reach double digits tonight, goal differential is really going to come into play here considering some of the scores we have seen so far. 

I think the possibility of teams having a perfect record has now dropped to 7 and will most likely drop under 6 after matchday 3 is complete.

So goal differential is probably not that important (as long as we win our 4 games) and getting a win away in St-Kitts will probably be our biggest challenge.

1 hour ago, ClashCitySoccer said:

I'm hoping to pick up a couple scarves at shoeless tonight but I was wondering roughly what time everyone will be leaving for the march to the stadium?

I also would like to know this

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

The CONCACAF Nations League has disproven my mantra for all football: “There are no easy games.”

You can say that again.

I'm so glad the Netherlands aren't in CONCACAF, cause according to someone on this forum, a country like Haiti could completely kick the crap out of Oranje right now.

My understanding is that three more wins will (almost 100%) do it. However, if we end up with three wins and a draw, then goal difference could come into effect to see if we finish in the top group, no? So while a win is the most important thing, goal difference still might come into play later on.

For those of you going to the game enjoy and be loud make us proud get our guys going early non stop. 

I am excited for this game and waiting for the start in an 1.5 hours from now. Wonder what Herdman will have formation wise and starting players. Hoping to see outside backs actually playing this time. 

Archived