CNL - Canada vs Dominica - October 16th Toronto

Admin

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the game is at BMO Field, you can expect a large turnout either way and Toronto games whether it be TFC games or Argo games they are always big turnouts every night. The fact that Canada will be playing there it will be a big turnout never mind the fact that they are playing a minnow like Dominica.

4 hours ago, Tg11 said:

Since the game is at BMO Field, you can expect a large turnout either way and Toronto games whether it be TFC games or Argo games they are always big turnouts every night. The fact that Canada will be playing there it will be a big turnout never mind the fact that they are playing a minnow like Dominica.

Wow...just more proof you don't have a clue...calling you a bag of hammers is an insult to hammers everywhere

7 hours ago, Tg11 said:

probably be lucky to get into the 16-18k range.. 

2 hours ago, sose said:

probably be lucky to get into the 16-18k range.. 

Yeah no doubt we will get that range especially if the Nations League is starting and if people find out about the importance of it then sure

The last time Canada played Dominica at BMO, during an *actual world cup qualification match*, was 3 years ago. And 9749 people came. In June.

If we get a bigger crowd than that, I'd be surprised but happy. This an early qualification match for a tournament that has never been run before. Set expectations accordingly, please.

The lower bowl is only 13 or 14 thousand.   They will not open the upper seats for this, the operational costs go up.  The sales trajectory for this would need to be pretty high for that to happen. 

We are not selling 18K for this game unless something drastic has changed in the landscape I haven't noticed.  I am not saying it isn't possible, it just doesn't seem likely. 

2 hours ago, admin said:

The lower bowl is only 13 or 14 thousand.   They will not open the upper seats for this, the operational costs go up.  The sales trajectory for this would need to be pretty high for that to happen. 

We are not selling 18K for this game unless something drastic has changed in the landscape I haven't noticed.  I am not saying it isn't possible, it just doesn't seem likely. 

Yeah it won't be likely unless Canada starts going on a hot streak and wins games but even then not all their home games will be at BMO Field. If and when Qatar 2022 qualifiers start up for CONCACAF and Canada play their home games with one of their WCQ games being at BMO then more and more people would probably show for that.

13 hours ago, admin said:

ok.. i thought the lower bowl was 16-18 k.. in that case i rephrase my statement "probably be lucky to get into the 13k range"

On 7/23/2018 at 8:56 PM, red card said:

This will be on the eve when pot becomes legal.

If they can get some promotional tie in with a cannabis company, start the match a bit later, it could be Canada's first legal pot party.

It's always risky to mix sports and politics but I was talking with Stephane of the Bytown Boys about flying this traditional flag:

s2356_large.jpg

?

Anybody object? Anybody want to fly several of them TIFO style?

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:52 PM, longlugan said:

Argo's barely get 13,000 per game.  I don't know about TFC but I watched the Canadian Champ game vs Vancouver and the upper deck wasn't even open.

Last time we played Dominica we had 9700.  That was for a World Cup Qualifier. 

This is for a competition no one knows what it is , or understands how it works even if they know what it is.

I think we (as in us) will hit 1000+ tickets for this game. 

The line up will drive sales, if Herdman continues to call in a Caribbean island hit squad, it will help.

The Canadian Championship final only got 15 000 so we will see how this one goes. TFC aren’t going to be in the playoffs so maybe more of the TFC fans will need something to cheer about

Archived