CNL - Canada vs Dominica - October 16th Toronto

Admin

On 10/10/2018 at 11:50 AM, SpursFlu said:

Im a little surprised Davies isnt a bigger draw in Toronto. Easily the biggest story in Canadian soccer history. He's a big star here in Vancouver. CSA would be smart to play games in the future at BC Place or Edmonton. Especially if he really makes an impact at Bayern, which I think he will immediately. Those games in Van or Edmonton would draw big regardless of the opponent

14 of the 23 called in are rooted to the GTA, 15 if you include Arfield. They wanna play infront of family and friends, they wanna visit family and friends, and they wanna play football on grass.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Kent said:

My buzz for this game has been through the roof. It just took a bit of a hit tonight when I switched over to the Argos/Ticats game. The field looks really bad right now.

TFC and their grounds crew were bragging about how well this ground share  with the argos was working out in early days, now it looks about what many of us projected, hopefully the hybrid pitch next season is an improvement because that pitch is bad right now!

IATSE still locked out :( Having already missed half the season as a TFC SSH (and actually dropping Season Seats because of the use of scab labour), I can't in good conscience come to the game unfortunately. Another set of tickets wasted... I am so mad at the City and Exhibition Place, I was so looking forward to the game, and was hoping they'd come to their senses before it.. not looking likely now two days before the match.

On October 12, 2018 at 5:25 PM, Blackjack15 said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/john-herdman-earn-canadian-soccer-fans-trust/

“one Canada Soccer official told Sportsnet they’re expecting a crowd of only 10,000”

That’s descent considering we’re playing against Dominica and in the unknown competition as the National League 

10k would be one of the biggest attendance in this  pre-qualifying  matches of the CNL .....

On 10/12/2018 at 10:59 PM, gator said:

TFC and their grounds crew were bragging about how well this ground share  with the argos was working out in early days, now it looks about what many of us projected, hopefully the hybrid pitch next season is an improvement because that pitch is bad right now!

Have to agree on this one with better field next year.

I don't follow TFC enough.... I just know they had quite a bit of on-off injuries all season. Did anything have to do with field quality? I know it's hard for players/coaches constantly complain(bad look).  However, reading between the lines and seeing they are changing the field, it makes me feel the players were not a fan of the pitch. The one game I watched on TV vs tigres last month.... field looked awful, looked like a type of sand/gravel kept popping up, or maybe just me?  I am sure they will sort it out for next year.

Side note, that field on the training grounds looks top notch. Glad they are able to put in some solid work in as a squad.

58 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

With less than 24 hours to go to the match, this is what’s been sold for the lower bowl at BMO Field

Maybe Half? Don’t know how this adds up to 10,000 as one CSA official told Sportsnet

I hope a significant Walk up crowd will show up in numbers 

B750955F-80CF-495F-BD31-74BE1CED3A52.jpeg

10,000 is presumably their projected attendance, not the actual number of tickets sold so far. Also, don't forget that the three sections on the bottom right that are shown as empty are the Voyageurs' sections.

29 minutes ago, Zem said:

10,000 is presumably their projected attendance, not the actual number of tickets sold so far. Also, don't forget that the three sections on the bottom right that are shown as empty are the Voyageurs' sections.

The empty means it’s been sold.. to me that looks like it’ll get up to 10k.

Lower stands have roughly the following capacity:

East 7,000

West 5,000

South 3,000

looks to be about 50% east sold, 75% south, 40% west

projected sales so far = 3,500+ 2,250 + 2,000= 8,750

Night before plus Same day sales plus walk up = 1,250

10k seems reasonable, probably closer to 9,500 though

2 hours ago, king1010 said:

Lower stands have roughly the following capacity:

East 7,000

West 5,000