CNL - Canada vs Dominica - October 16th Toronto

Admin

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/5/2018 at 7:01 PM, RickC said:

I think I've been to Nottawasaga two or three times to see them practice but haven't seen them yet. Maybe another trip will do it.

is there any schedule as to when they practice?  I would love to take my son.  It's his birthday this week and he would love to see them practice.  Do they use the fields outside by the road, or are they inside the building?  Can anyone just show up and watch.  i know the area, I don't see how they can block it off if they are practicing outside.

28 minutes ago, KMB said:

is there any schedule as to when they practice?  I would love to take my son.  It's his birthday this week and he would love to see them practice.  Do they use the fields outside by the road, or are they inside the building?  Can anyone just show up and watch.  i know the area, I don't see how they can block it off if they are practicing outside.

They seemed to practice around 11am today, but the full squad wasn’t there. I’m going to go later this week and hopefully will be able to watch. As I mentioned previously, the Serie A team from Italy practiced on the fields closest to the road when they were here a few months back. When the CSA posts more pics on Instagram, it should show which field(s) they are using.

1 minute ago, Strait Red said:

They seemed to practice around 11am today, but the full squad wasn’t there. I’m going to go later this week and hopefully will be able to watch. As I mentioned previously, the Serie A team from Italy practiced on the fields closest to the road when they were here a few months back. When the CSA posts more pics on Instagram, it should show which field(s) they are using.

Thanks a lot.  That's good to know.  I may have to take a day off work then.  Will they still be there on the weekend? or will they have moved to Toronto by then

3 hours ago, KMB said:

Thanks a lot.  That's good to know.  I may have to take a day off work then.  Will they still be there on the weekend? or will they have moved to Toronto by then

Not sure when they are planning on moving to Toronto. The next two days are supposed to be quite warm, so I’d think they will be outdoors in Alliston for sure. But beyond that, I don’t know if the weather will affect their decision or not.

New to the forum - first post, but looooooong time fan of this team  

I took a trip up to Alliston today and am watching them train as I type. 

Pretty cool to watch and see how they interact durIng their drills.   Boy do they move fast in tight quarters. 

Looking forward to the the game next week.  

I really enjoy this forum, keep up the great discussion  

Just now, Medic1849 said:

New to the forum - first post, but looooooong time fan of this team  

I took a trip up to Alliston today and am watching them train as I type. 

Pretty cool to watch and see how they interact durIng their drills.   Boy do they move fast in tight quarters. 

Looking forward to the the game next week.  

I really enjoy this forum, keep up the great discussion  

Post a few pics if you can.

Sorry Folk,

I have no clue how to post the photos.  I won't let me.  

I have them stored on my desktop, but there isn't an icon to add photos.  I see the other "Insert Other Media" tab, but my photos aren't linked to anything.

Any assistance would be grateful

10 minutes ago, Medic1849 said:

Sorry Folk,

I have no clue how to post the photos.  I won't let me.  

I have them stored on my desktop, but there isn't an icon to add photos.  I see the other "Insert Other Media" tab, but my photos aren't linked to anything.

Any assistance would be grateful

It's not you. 

I'll bump you do a new member group.  It should work then.  Give me a minute. 

Our ticket sales usually go up the week before a game.  They have droppe to effectively zero. 

It's kind of fascinating.  

I do think after this that we will never be in a position again in which we play 2 out of the last 4 official games against the likes of Dominica in the same place.  That has to have an effect.

27 minutes ago, admin said:

Our ticket sales usually go up the week before a game.  They have droppe to effectively zero. 

It's kind of fascinating.  

I do think after this that we will never be in a position again in which we play 2 out of the last 4 official games against the likes of Dominica in the same place.  That has to have an effect.

That's a shame. I really thought ticket sales would have been boosted by all those Sinclair articles promoting the match.....

44 minutes ago, Keegan said:

I know many people who are just going to walk up day of and buy tickets.  People would rather buy the day of than risk buying ahead and having something pop up during the week.  

I can't do that for this game. 

Since we have three sections booked, we don't have say 250 left in a section.  We have a whole section left.  So that means consolidating 113 & 114.  If we were at 900 tickets it would be ok, but we are only at 600.  It's not enough to hold both 113 & 114. 

We can't sell over the total of 112 & 113  by only a bit or we end up with 100 people in 114, and the rest sold to the public which will be a shit show of security problems.

53 minutes ago, Keegan said:

I know many people who are just going to walk up day of and buy tickets.  People would rather buy the day of than risk buying ahead and having something pop up during the week.  

Well I guess my anecdotal evidence can counteract your anecdotal evidence. I know many people who are turning down a free ticket to go to the game.

2 hours ago, Kent said:

Well I guess my anecdotal evidence can counteract your anecdotal evidence. I know many people who are turning down a free ticket to go to the game.

That's interesting.... I haven't heard that one yet. 

It has been a busy and disapointing year for soccer in Toronto.   Could be having and effect. 

When playing Dominica 2 out of 4 official games in three years.... 

2 hours ago, admin said:

That's interesting.... I haven't heard that one yet. 

It has been a busy and disapointing year for soccer in Toronto.   Could be having and effect. 

When playing Dominica 2 out of 4 official games in three years.... 

To be honest I think there are pretty good reasons for the people I have been asking. The 7:00 start time has had an effect for some. I am still hopeful I will get someone to take my extra ticket. I still have some people in mind.

Archived