CONCACAF U-20 Championship (November 2018)

Lou

1 hour ago, devioustrevor said:

Final Score:

Antigua & Barbuda 6 - 1 Sint Maarten

Trinidad & Tobago 3 - 2 St. Vincent & the Grenadines

The Vincentians took a 2-0 lead inside 20 minutes, but the Trinbagonians fought back and scored the winner in the 90th minute.

I'm not going to lie. I had to look up those demonyms to see if they were real or jokes. It's hard to make an educated guess at a demonym for a country with "and" in it's name.

49 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Looking at the history of this tournament, it's mind boggling that the USA's win last year was the FIRST time they've won the u20s! Now, there was a period from 1998 - 2007 where there was no "official" champion, but still. That's 20 times they didn't win. We've won the damn thing twice!!

And in that 1998-2007 span, Canada and USA were group winners 3 times each, so we are still ahead of them when you count co-champions of that era!

Since 2007 on the other hand...

1 minute ago, Kent said:

And in that 1998-2007 span, Canada and USA were group winners 3 times each, so we are still ahead of them when you count co-champions of that era!

Since 2007 on the other hand...

Actually that would make us champions since we didn’t play 2007 qualifiers ?

1 minute ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

I think it is safe to say that Canada is not playin their absolute best roster for this game. Which is smart and what they should be doing. Start rotating the lineup already.

Looks to be close to a best XI.  Admittedly I don’t know all the players but I feel like this team is a bit of a Canadian throwback .. solid defence and goaltending with size and a few guys that can hit on the counter.