CONCACAF U-20 Championship (November 2018)

Lou

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Didn't get to watch the game, but 4-0 doesn't seem terrible, considering our best and brightest in this age group aren't even here, and our men only beat theirs 5-0 at home.    Hopefully there is a replay on OZ

Basically this is a team of USL players with higher aspirations facing a team of guys whose highest aspiration would be USL.  So 4-0 isn’t a great result.. this is like facing a small towns high school team and I don’t know about you guys but I’d be happy if my high school team lost 4-0 to Canada. 

52 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Basically this is a team of USL players with higher aspirations facing a team of guys whose highest aspiration would be USL.  So 4-0 isn’t a great result.. this is like facing a small towns high school team and I don’t know about you guys but I’d be happy if my high school team lost 4-0 to Canada. 

I think you didn't really counter his point that our men's team with world class players, only beat their men's senior team who is no better than a pub team. The only player playing abroad is in the TT pro league. 

So if I'm comparing.... I think the u20 players should have more drive and take the game more serious than players who are on the senior team, because there window for opportunity is much greater. 

Semantics, but at the same time let's not be harder on these guys vs what we seen at BMO. 

I think the team will improve as the tourney gets going. Midfield looked like they need some time to adjust to each other. Individually, they looked skilled, but needed to get their heads on the same level. Let’s remember that they had to wait a little while for the game to actually start. Plus it was the first game of the tournament. They showed some promise, but need to improve on it by the time they hit Panama. 

8 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

I think you didn't really counter his point that our men's team with world class players, only beat their men's senior team who is no better than a pub team. The only player playing abroad is in the TT pro league. 

So if I'm comparing.... I think the u20 players should have more drive and take the game more serious than players who are on the senior team, because there window for opportunity is much greater. 

Semantics, but at the same time let's not be harder on these guys vs what we seen at BMO. 

I was even harder on our men’s team.

We had people questioning if their keeper was actually a keeper.. 4 goals against that calibre is disgraceful.  Let’s just call it like it is, Canada struggles at even getting shots on target most matches.  We have Antigua & Barbuda pumping teams at this level, Cuba, Haiti, Curaçao and Bermuda putting up 10+ goals in nations league etc.  And then we’re making a home record beating Dominica 5-0 last month ?‍♂️.

Like our senior team.. its kinda tough and im getting a little tired of playing these Caribean minnow that just bunker,offer nothing going forward and ugly the game up. Super lanky dudes in every position sliding around getting a foot in on everything. Credit to them for doing what they can to compete but its tough to really come to many conclusions against these teams.  Im looking forward to see either of our teams against teams actually willingto play football

Edited by SpursFlu

25 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Im looking forward to see either of our teams against teams actually willingto play football

Will be interesting to see our approach and more so whether we can handle the culture shock after playing such different teams. We won't have any friendlies before and the games will potentially be high stakes.

Maybe it’s just me, but Theo Bair didn’t look dangerous, ya he had that beauty goal but it was great pass that step that up. I hope we see Perruzza soon. I really think Perruzza is going to huge difference maker. He looked really good in the 4 games with TFC2. 

Okello at times looked really good and then he makes some bad passes. But he’s young and if he keeps on  developing he’s going to be a special player. A true Hutch replacement. 

Baldisimo - was the man of the match. His passes were just amazing !!! He controlled the Midfield so well

I don’t understand that sub replacing Legault with Campbell and having Bayiha starting ? And up top, he’s normally at RB

On 11/3/2018 at 12:11 AM, SpecialK said:

I don’t understand that sub replacing Legault with Campbell and having Bayiha starting ? And up top, he’s normally at RB

Clément Bayiha is a midfielder. In a Montréal Impact U19 game I saw earlier this year, Bayiha was playing right wing.

On 11/2/2018 at 6:38 PM, Pottsy3 said:

At times I feel like Okello is playing the wrong position. He's strong and a decent distributer, but on the ball he seems a bit shaky. He tries to get really creative, but the technical side of his game still has some developing to do. I wonder if he would be better suited out wide on the midfield. 

Love seeing Baldisimo bossing that central midfield.

Edit: or play him up top if he's gonna keep scoring lol

His strengths would be completely wasted in a wide position IMO. If anything just behind the strikers like a Fellaini, but he's better suited to a deep central role. He was excellent all year breaking up play and keeping the ball rolling at TFC II, he also seemed fine with the ball at his feet for a 6'4 teenager still growing into his body.(didn't watch this game so not speaking on this game specifically) With regards to him being more creative, that's something his coaching staff have asked him to add to his game, and it will take some time. They don't want him to become a Bradley just picking the simple sideways or backwards pass, they want him to influence the game on both ends. 

DrKevzEWkAANATQ.jpg:large

Can someone help me out with the formation?

I'm thinking

Busti

Campbell  Dunn  Romeo   Mohammed

Baldisimo   Bayiha

Choniere

Hernandez         Perruzza       Verhoeven

1 hour ago, Vince193 said:

DrKevzEWkAANATQ.jpg:large

Can someone help me out with the formation?

I'm thinking

Busti

Campbell  Dunn  Romeo   Mohammed

Baldisimo   Bayiha

Choniere

Hernandez         Perruzza       Verhoeven

Looks like they're playing a 4-1-4-1:

Busti - Mohammed, Romeo, Dunn, Campbell - Baldisimo - Hernandez, Choiniere, Verhoeven, Bayiha - Perruzza