Toulon Tournament (2018)

Lou

31 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

Started a new job, have a newborn, and moved into a new house...so I've been a bit busy the last two months.

I haven't been the biggest fan of CSA decision making over the last few months, but I really like this roster. We all like to get excited about the players with superstar potential, but the thing you really look for when building a good national team program is depth. Any country can produce a world class player once in a blue moon, but the countries that do it consistently are able to because the level of competition within the pool demands an even higher level. Regularly producing world class players requires a pool of European calibre players which itself must be built upon a pool of MLS calibre players and so on. We are still early in that process, but the worst players on this roster are more talented than the kids who were starting for our u20s ten years ago. That's what everybody should be excited about.

Bummed that Ruby had to pull out as I think this could have been his coming out party. He's the best pure defending prospect in any of the MLS pipelines. Great to see Verhoeven is open to representing Canada, as he's probably been the best Canadian in USL so far this season. His ability to pass and control the ball is well above USL quality and honestly the Caps could use him right now. 

Well said !! So pumped and excited for  this tournament ! We are  going to  surprise some people 

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

Started a new job, have a newborn, and moved into a new house...so I've been a bit busy the last two months.

I haven't been the biggest fan of CSA decision making over the last few months, but I really like this roster. We all like to get excited about the players with superstar potential, but the thing you really look for when building a good national team program is depth. Any country can produce a world class player once in a blue moon, but the countries that do it consistently are able to because the level of competition within the pool demands an even higher level. Regularly producing world class players requires a pool of European calibre players which itself must be built upon a pool of MLS calibre players and so on. We are still early in that process, but the worst players on this roster are more talented than the kids who were starting for our u20s ten years ago. That's what everybody should be excited about.

Bummed that Ruby had to pull out as I think this could have been his coming out party. He's the best pure defending prospect in any of the MLS pipelines. Great to see Verhoeven is open to representing Canada, as he's probably been the best Canadian in USL so far this season. His ability to pass and control the ball is well above USL quality and honestly the Caps could use him right now. 

Agree, @harrycoyster - and congratulations on fatherhood and all the positive life changes!

47 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Wow, has everyone’s seen  portugal’s roster,  they are taking their U 19 team.  We have a good shot at winning group ! 

Kid, we'll be lucky to not finish last in our group.

Émile Legault got interviewed for FC 91.9. (mercredi 23 mai)

https://919sport.ca/nos-emissions/emission/le-fc919

Played at St-Lambert. Moved to France with his mom played at U13 in a small club (didn't get the club) near Auxerre and moved to Auxerre. Now playing with the U19 but still staying at Auxerre because he sees that the level is better there. He considers himself a generous player in his efforts that is solid defensively and likes to bring overlap and crosses offensively. He was surprised to get called to the Toulon Tournament because of his young age. He was preselected from a list of 45 players. He likes that Biello and other coaches speak French because it wasn't the case in previous selections. 

46 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned here or not, but just realized that DAZN is showing all the Canadian games for the tournament. 

But is DAZN free though.....if not reddit.com/r/soccerstreams might be our friend 

29 minutes ago, Zem said:

It's a subscription service like Netflix.

And well worth the money. I picked it up for the MLS content and have watched a lot more than that, but if you value being able to watch the Toulon tournament, I would offer that paying for it is a good way to ensure you get the chance to do so again in the future. 

cheers, matthew

Don't worry if we do anything but get beaten soundly the CSA will be all over sharing the new regimes progress. Seriously though I expect they are just late to the party. It seems with every camp they are later and later with info and updates.

Disappointed it isn't anywhere free but like with the Champions League if Dazyn is willing to pay the required money fair play for them. It still reeks too much of Setanta/Sportsnet World for me which doesn't have enough content I watch to make it worth the price. For a fan that likes watching all games and other sports in general there is lots on there though. 

17 hours ago, toontownman said:

Don't worry if we do anything but get beaten soundly the CSA will be all over sharing the new regimes progress. Seriously though I expect they are just late to the party. It seems with every camp they are later and later with info and updates.

This isn't a CMNT camp, remember. It's an U21 friendly tournament, so the media team isn't going to be providing wall-to-wall coverage like they do for senior camps. It's been the same way for other youth camps previously.

2 hours ago, Zem said:

This isn't a CMNT camp, remember. It's an U21 friendly tournament, so the media team isn't going to be providing wall-to-wall coverage like they do for senior camps. It's been the same way for other youth camps previously.

I can’t remember did they do anything for the Qatar tournament 

Archived