Toulon Tournament (2018)

Lou

the squad looks experimental, in the sense that it was built to give some guys exposure to European clubs. Not really impressed with the squad tbh. Unless he is injured. it's crazy how Shaan Hundal got overlook.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Blackdude said:

There it is. 

https://www.canadasoccer.com/canada-soccer-brings-together-talented-youth-for-international-tournament-p161576-preview-1

1- GK- James Pantemis | CAN / Impact de Montréal
2- FB- Jake Ruby | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
3- FB- Daniel Kinumbe | CAN / Académie Impact de Montréal
4- CB- Kosovar Sadiki | CRO / NK Lokomotiva Zagreb
5- CB- Derek Cornelius | SRB / FK Javor Ivanjica
6- M- Matthew Roberts | ENG / Swansea U-18
7- W- Kris Twardek | ENG / Millwall FC
8- M- Mathieu Choinière | CAN / Académie Impact de Montréal
9- F- Jonathan David | BEL / KAA Gent II
10- M- Aidan Daniels | CAN / Toronto FC
11- F- Liam Millar | ENG / Liverpool FC U-23
12- CB- Julian Dunn | CAN / Toronto FC
13- FB- Clément Bayiha | CAN / Académie Impact de Montréal
14- CM- David Norman | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
15- M- Noah Verhoeven | USA / Fresno FC
16- M- Noble Okello | CAN / Toronto FC II
17- F- Theo Bair | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC Residency
18- GK- Alessandro Busti | ITA / Juventus Primavera
19- FB- Émile Legault | FRA / AJ Auxerre
20- CM- Shamit Shome | CAN / Impact de Montréal

The CSA should have someone proof read the dates before releasing the article. Has the Portugal game on June 28 (twice)

13 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

the squad looks experimental, in the sense that it was built to give some guys exposure to European clubs. Not really impressed with the squad tbh. Unless he is injured. it's crazy how Shaan Hundal got overlook.

Your so right! I wish  they took  Canada’s best squad.  But I’m curious to see some of these young players like Okello. I hope After this tournament  the U21/23 team is going to  get  to play some more games to get ready for the Olympic qualifier, Canada really needs to qualify for the  Olympics. 

1 hour ago, El Diego said:

Can anyone tell me about any of:

1. Jake Ruby

2. Daniel Kinumbe

3. Clement Bayiha

4. Theo Bair

5. Emile Legault

The only thing I know about them is what is posted on the Canada Soccer website. Not even sure what sides the full backs play or if Bair is a wide player, target man, etc. Thank you in advance!

2. Kinumbe is a LB and has appeared at U15 camps before. Was with the impact for preseason camp and from what I understand is highly rated by Remi Garde. Good modern fullback he is really athletic and is known for attacking up the left side. I assume he and Ruby will fight for the starting spot at the next U20 Championships  

7 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

Bayiha is a central midfielder who can also play on the right side whether as a right back or a midfielder. If you want to read more about his intensity and the fact that he'S an easy player to coach in French there is a good article here.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2018/03/23/bayiha-un-nom-a-retenir

Coach: "Bayiha for the fifth time, cross the ball early!"

Bayiha: "Je ne comprends pas"

Coach: "traverser la balle tôt"

Bayiha: "ok pas de problème"

16 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Surprised there is no Simon Colyn? Borges would have been nice for sure. Not surprised to see no Davies and a few others that will likely be featuring for MLS sides or alike. 

Yeah I'm surprised by no Simon Colyn. Vancouver really seems to rate him 

2 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Hate to disagree about Shaan but he looks less and less impressive each time I’ve seen him play. Scores goals now and then but that’s about it IMO. No other real dimensions to his game yet.  Hasn’t developed along the trajectory he was projected to I don’t think. Maybe this will be a good wake up for him if he’s not an automatic call up?

2 minutes ago, soccer.shocker said:

Hate to disagree about Shaan but he looks less and less impressive each time I’ve seen him play. Scores goals now and then but that’s about it IMO. No other real dimensions to his game yet.  Hasn’t developed along the trajectory he was projected to I don’t think. Maybe this will be a good wake up for him if he’s not an automatic call up?

I agree  with you. Also we have better Strikers now. I hope he lights it up soon  but that center forward  spot is  getting pretty crowded.  

So  starting lineup ? 

—————————David———————

——Millar ———————————Twardek——

——————Shome——Norman——————

—————————Okello——————————

Kinumbe—Cornelius—Sadiki——Legault

————————Pantemis—————————

I  just took a guess on the fullbacks 

1 minute ago, Kadenge said:

He's not in the squad

Damn, got my Liams mixed up.  It’s kind of nice to have so many guys involved with first teams that they can’t make it. 

I wonder what’s happened to Nicolás Galvis.

6 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Damn, got my Liams mixed up.  It’s kind of nice to have so many guys involved with first teams that they can’t make it. 

I wonder what’s happened to Nicolás Galvis.

Have anyone else  noticed that there is no south American/ Latin players? When Oz came in  three players from South America joined and now  nothing ? 

Archived