Toulon Tournament (2018)

Lou

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

TM has him playing 1 game for Scotland, but none are listed for N. Ireland. Perhaps he was called to a camp but didn't play?

I guess this has been happening for a while, I guess I miss it always because they refer to him always as Cameron, and I search Cammy.  https://www.irishfa.com/news/2017/february/u18-development-side-to-tackle-denmark-in-a-double-header

Iankov, Eustaquio, Bassong, and Palmer all representing other nations is concerning

57 minutes ago, jordan said:

I guess this has been happening for a while, I guess I miss it always because they refer to him always as Cameron, and I search Cammy.  https://www.irishfa.com/news/2017/february/u18-development-side-to-tackle-denmark-in-a-double-header

Iankov, Eustaquio, Bassong, and Palmer all representing other nations is concerning

And no one has asked Herdman anything.

54 minutes ago, jordan said:

...Akinola, Brooks, Vaikla, Verhoeven, i think there are a couple of others i missed...and then Tabla might ditch us permanently. Nothing has really changed, we've just done a better job to convince more guys to not leave us and attract a few good foreigners into the fold.

1 hour ago, jordan said:

Yeah but Davies and Millar are with us!!!!

8 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Iankov, bassong and palmerand Palmer

Iankov has been getting minutes for Ludogorets, in comparison we called a guy to the New Zealand game that doesn’t get minutes for Carlisle in the English fourth tier. 

Bassong plays for Lille’s B team, was starting lots but I stopped following as much when Belgium started calling.

Palmer 17  was playing center mid for Rangers u20 team, Rangers didn’t play in the league this year they played teams across Europe and the UK and had many good results against some very good clubs. Up until about a month ago he was one of the first names on the team sheet.

Why do we believe that’s his brother?  Why would he care about Canada soccer first off, second why is he saying “our system” and typing like a native English speaker.. I doubt it. 

Also what did fussball_eh mean when he said “you think your brother would have played for Canada back then?” As in when he was 16/17 playing for Milan?? That was the point he was most out of reach and this Anthony guys response is confusing. I think Cristante considered us seriously for maybe half a year up until the Italy call. 

This Anthony Cristante guy is a youth coach in Vancouver... I’d be shocked if he’s related to Bryan.

5 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Why do we believe that’s his brother?  Why would he care about Canada soccer first off, second why is he saying “our system” and typing like a native English speaker.. I doubt it. 

Also what did fussball_eh mean when he said “you think your brother would have played for Canada back then?” As in when he was 16/17 playing for Milan?? That was the point he was most out of reach and this Anthony guys response is confusing. I think Cristante considered us seriously for maybe half a year up until the Italy call. 

He coaches a Whitecaps youth team. He has tweets with pictures of himself with the team.

Fussball_eh meant when Bryan Cristante was 17-18, just as Anthony mentioned.

His response is straight forward -- he means that there was a greater chance of Bryan accepting a call up when he was 17-18 than we might think.

I am surprised that you have such difficulty understanding a basic interaction and doing a modicum of research, yet you are able to speculate on what Bryan Cristante was thinking with zero evidence.

So Bryan Cristante was going to play for us at 17/18 when he was one of the top prospects in Italian football but we couldn’t get him when he dropped off? Spare me.

I suppose next you’re going to tell me that Dany Heatley would have played for Germany after he was drafted 2nd overall.. even though he never even considered when he was well past it. 

Just wait until Tabla gets cap tied to Ivory Coast and his brother starts reprimanding Canada for not cap tying him. It’s idiotic... clearly we called these guys and I’m all for criticizing the CSA but for them to act like it’s their fault and not their siblings for turning down calls is just so ridiculous there are no words.

It’s like how every once in a while we get a new fan who can’t understand why we didn’t call begovic, Hargreaves or de Guzman. We tried geniuses.. you’re not this football whiz talking to a bunch of ignorant fools.

1 hour ago, Keegan said:

So Bryan Cristante was going to play for us at 17/18 when he was one of the top prospects in Italian football but we couldn’t get him when he dropped off? Spare me.

I suppose next you’re going to tell me that Dany Heatley would have played for Germany after he was drafted 2nd overall.. even though he never even considered when he was well past it. 

Just wait until Tabla gets cap tied to Ivory Coast and his brother starts reprimanding Canada for not cap tying him. It’s idiotic... clearly we called these guys and I’m all for criticizing the CSA but for them to act like it’s their fault and not their siblings for turning down calls is just so ridiculous there are no words.

It’s like how every once in a while we get a new fan who can’t understand why we didn’t call begovic, Hargreaves or de Guzman. We tried geniuses.. you’re not this football whiz talking to a bunch of ignorant fools.

No one said he was going to play for Canada at that age, just that if he was called to a competitive match at that age there is a greater chance than one would think that he would accept the call up.

Work on your reading comprehension, and stop attributing claims to me (and others) that are clearly not being made. 

35 minutes ago, El Diego said:

No one said he was going to play for Canada at that age, just that if he was called to a competitive match at that age there is a greater chance than one would think that he would accept the call up.

Work on your reading comprehension, and stop attributing claims to me (and others) that are clearly not being made. 

My reading comprehension is fine my friend, that’s why I find this ridiculous and insulting to even insinuate.  Maybe read your first paragraph here over and explain to me how it makes any sense.. so no one was saying he was going to play for Canada but the chances are higher than we might think that he would accept a call up and play for Canada. Which is exactly what I’m calling out as being bullshit.  

Like what does that even mean? Sure I think we all knew there was a “chance” like in dumb and dumber but who cares? He turned down calls so no there wasn’t.

It’s a baseless claim to anyone with a thimble of common sense.  But hey yes, maybe the chances were a bit higher than zero.. maybe .05% so yes that would be a higher chance than one might expect but it’s idiotic to comment on.

The chances of McDavid playing for the UK were higher than you might think btw .. I’m not saying he would have but they’re higher than you might think and UK hockey needs to work on cap tying young talent. See how stupid that sounds? 

3 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Honeslty the whole cap tying argument is BS, we’ve tried, these guys know they’d be cap tied. No one really got away of the current crop, it’s that they got poached by a better nation. 

DIng ding ding!!! These guys aren’t stupid no one is cap tying themselves to Canada at 18 when they are a top Italian prospect who is actually ITALIAN. To have the players brother wave this carrot and say there was a chance is laughable when he knows better.  Sitting on a high horse when he clearly knew his brother had Italian dreams and would have NEVER accepted a call at that age.

im happy the kid reached his dream and I don’t care we missed out on him, we just don’t need idiotic criticism of the CSA. Let’s stick to complaining about how we have zero friendlies.

Archived