Zambrano out!

gator

10 minutes ago, nolbertos said:

I’ll bet the farm that Herdman is making that shit up.  Even Martin Rennie, ex-Caps coach worked his way up the USL ranks before MLS came a calling.  Herdman doesn’t even have that on his “illustrious” resume.

If the CSA or for journo's to include that in their articles without questioning the truth is the shame that this organization is. 

Which MLS club? Colorado Rapids? San Jose? Their recent hires have more decorated coaching experience than John so no way it was a case of he was given an offer. Maybe an interview...

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, nolbertos said:

I’ll bet the farm that Herdman is making that shit up.  Even Martin Rennie, ex-Caps coach worked his way up the USL ranks before MLS came a calling.  Herdman doesn’t even have that on his “illustrious” resume.

It's pretty hard to imagine, isn't it? Portland was hiring and so was Colorado. Was he a serious contender for either? Could have applied, sure, but final interview even? He'd be a first in MLS with his resume, by my count. New England recently filled a job too, right? Was he really going up against Brad Friedel? Umm...

9 minutes ago, nolbertos said:

So Herdman made it up and then told Sid who then went public with it? But then Sid publicly slammed the move to hire Herdman? What’s the point of that?

23 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Sid says Herdman had an MLS offer?  No, 1000% he did not.  It would have been USL AT BEST.  Think of the calibre coaches being hired in that league.. they wouldn't hire a US womens coach but they're going to hire Herdman?  Okay, I have a bridge to sell to some people.

hahaha so true though. 

25 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Sid says Herdman had an MLS offer?  No, 1000% he did not.  It would have been USL AT BEST.  Think of the calibre coaches being hired in that league.. they wouldn't hire a US womens coach but they're going to hire Herdman?  Okay, I have a bridge to sell to some people.

It just started, but this might be the best quote of 2018!

55 minutes ago, Ansem said:

This stood out to me early:

"I don't understand in this country we talk about governance, we talk about transparency, we talk about honesty, and we talk about equality all those things we talk about - in this country, at the board level, at the Canadian Soccer Association we talk about all those things. Well if we talk about all those things, how come we weren't given the opportunity to have guys like Mark Dos Santos, Carmine Issaco, Mauro Biello, Enzo Concina and others the opportunity, the fair opportunity the fair shot to be given the keys until the next head coach was given the keys full-time."

Mark Dos Santos of all people should have gotten this opportunity. 

1 hour ago, Ansem said:

How classic is Totera.  6:30 the way he looks in the camera when calling out Herdman for never managing in CONCACAF... and then the end when he says if he's ever against CPL he'll be his worst nightmare.  LOL I think one thing we can be certain of is that our national coach isn't going to be against a domestic league, too funny.

4 minutes ago, Obinna said:

You know it was probably a CanPL offer Herdman got.

I can see some, brand, new NAIVE franchise roll the dice on Corporate Soccer Canada's golden boy, John Herdman. 

And could you blame them?  That would be a great PR move for a new franchise.. you have a "name" coach that resonates with average Canadians, not like you could get a Canadian men's player that would be familiar to everyone.  It would be naive but at the same time a no-lose situation.. not like you are giving him the reins to a national team. 

CSA has never been about Results, Herdman will be given all the rope he wants, heck there is no rope for him at all. 

He's clearly buddy buddy with all the right people and in the end that's all that matters in Canadian Soccer. We've all seen it before.

Totera acting tough basically just gave CSA a big pass

Just now, reme90 said:

CSA has never been about Results, Herdman will be given all the rope he wants, heck there is no rope for him at all. 

He's clearly buddy buddy with all the right people and in the end that's all that matters in Canadian Soccer. We've all seen it before.

Totera acting tough basically just gave CSA a big pass

Totera has influence?  He's like a Canadian Soccer podcast version of Don Cherry... I actually think it would be great if a network had him on a panel with some of our bland announcers, we would have all this sensible talk and then just Totera losing his shit on air after a poor performance and calling everyone out.  Passion breeds passion.. I don't think many people are drawn in by Terry Dunfield. 

6 hours ago, SpecialK said:

The CSA and Herdman had a ton of options. The CSA and Oz were not on the same page, he wasn't Reed's hire and old boys club at the CSA, so boom Oz gone. Now on Herdman putting a gun to heads to the CSA about the England offer, here's some of the options they had.

Option 1 - give Herdman a Youth team to prove himself 

Option 2- make him an  associate coach or assistant coach 

Option 3 - make him the inter coach for  evaluation. 

Option 4- let Herdman go. 

Option 5 -  make him technical director. 

Option 6. Give him more money 

There are better managers that are ahead of Herdman with experience out there. Now if Herdman fails, it's going be a lot harder to find a real manager, because anyone in there right mind would say fuck no im not working for a micromanaging CSA board and  President. 

My number 3 was to give him a better offer. I said that specifically rather than saying give him the men’s team job because your options 1,2,3,5,6 all fit in that group and it would be a matter of negotiation. What Herdman considers better is a personal decision. So you didn’t really offer any new solutions. Just some other theoretical job positions that he may have been offered but not interested in.

This move is tough to understand. If they really thought that Herdman was their guy could he not have been brought in after the Floro departure? Surely they must have known there was a possibility that Herdman would get job offers elsewhere months ago. Zambrano was getting good results and bringing in promising young talent. This makes no sense even by CSA standards. 

10 minutes ago, Kent said:

My number 3 was to give him a better offer. I said that specifically rather than saying give him the men’s team job because your options 1,2,3,5,6 all fit in that group and it would be a matter of negotiation. What Herdman considers better is a personal decision. So you didn’t really offer any new solutions. Just some other theoretical job positions that he may have been offered but not interested in.

No he got everything, he's in control of it all -  Youth to senior. 

Reed and the other clowns gave  Herdman the keys to the red Ferrari knowning he doesn't have a license to drive and  experience haha

IMG_4183.JPG

7 minutes ago, Vancouver Fan said:

This move is tough to understand. If they really thought that Herdman was their guy could he not have been brought in after the Floro departure? Surely they must have known there was a possibility that Herdman would get job offers elsewhere months ago. Zambrano was getting good results and bringing in promising young talent. This makes no sense even by CSA standards. 

Victor didn't think he was the right man. Herdman just forced them ! Give me the men's program or I leave, and Reed and others didn't like Oz. Ya it makes sense because the CSA has no idea what they doing ! They are  accountants, university profs and former  provincial presidents from  provinces that don't produce any  legit talent and one  olympian , running the CSA, they are clowns. 

At this point it is what it is, but damn... could there have been a worse launch for a Men's National Team coach ever?

Mitchell maybe?  After the U20 disaster?  

Herdman will be going into this gig with his ass already half lit on fire.  Just wind up the timer, paint a big effing bulls-eye on his hobbit sized arse and wait for the bell to ring.  BING!  All done! 

The CSA brass are going to say all the things they are suppose to about this hire, fair opportunity and all that but make no mistake there is going to be A LOT of negative pressure pushing upward right from day 1.  CSA HQ will try to ride out the rough patches of course, especially if they come early but I don't know.  It's a different world today from what it was during the Pipe era.  

Can almost hear the knives getting sharpened.  Not sure Mr Herdman will be allowed ANY breathing space at this point.   What a way to start your new job but like I wrote.  My fault, your fault, her fault.  Doesn't matter.  It is what it is. 

P.S.  OZ.  Class guy.  I'm going to guess he's seen enough and although probably a bit disappointed he's old enough and smart enough to know he's wasting his time in Canada.  Not saying his vision for our footie future is right or wrong, just saying he understands there is no sense in it.  Gave it a go but clearly the wrong place at the wrong time.

12 minutes ago, RJB said:

It's interesting to note that Herdman has none of the experience that Voyageurs have always called for in a CMNT coach.  None.  Honestly, how many games have they played away in CONCACAF?

Exactly, if Fergie walked in people would say no CONCACAF experience, cant relate to young players etc etc. Everyone raves about the bronze medals, but the best finish was in 2003, long before Herdman.  He was standing on shoulders of giants, not so when he crosses over to the mens side.  

I hate to keep banging on our journalists, but gawd dammit if the guy said he had another offer please ask a follow up question instead of taking the statement as truth and regurgitating what you've been fed (like a prisoner just happy to survive on scraps).

2 hours ago, Ansem said:

This is clearly about 2026. So if we don't qualify for 2022, don't expect him to lose his job,

This is all about 2026...If we fail to qualify if we don't host the World Cup, he's gone. If we host and look like amateurs, he's gone. This move has 2026 written all over it as Canada's coming out as a regional power and becoming relevant globally.

Herdman has a 8 year leash

There's no way Herdman gets an 8 year leash, if we don't qualify for the 2022WC he'll be out. Man, if he stays on i'll kick someone from the CSA in the nuts.

9 hours ago, jpg75 said:

There's no way Herdman gets an 8 year leash, if we don't qualify for the 2022WC he'll be out. Man, if he stays on i'll kick someone from the CSA in the nuts.

Don't be so sure of that, they have their man in place who won't rock the boat, he'll be given all the time he wants, this could be a real dark era for the MNT!

Archived