2018 Voyageurs Cup

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

If the CSA is going to decree they want to see Concacaf Champions close to where they have their lunches, just tell us, we'll let the whiners at TFC have the damn thing. 

I mean, seriously, just look at the threads on this board. At Caps we bitch about Robinson. At TFC, they pick and pick about refs. But that was a disgusting gift and the whole operation was a sham, the guy seriously looked like he was being paid by TFC.

What a bunch of arrogant and self-serving garbage, Gian-Luca. You are basically saying that hey, if you slap these suckers around a bit, they work harder. And we can't accept that, because the call was a sham.

Save it for the TFC fans "whine about the refs constantly" thread. 

This is what I mean. Take it back to the TFC cesspool and leave this thread with a bit of decency, will you?

You can be facetious, but a team dragging their butts around the field disrespecting the Cup is NOT good style. Don't you see TFC were just mocking the Cup they way they played, it was a totally cynical performance.

I, too, hate whiners.

5 hours ago, Sébastien said:

I still don't understand wtf that was. Had he been losing his balance, fine, but that was clearly not the case.

It’s not often the term “moron” gets used by commentators on a soccer broadcast but the play in question was described as “moronic” during the halftime show by Kristian Jack, and it’s tough to argue against the term. I found it somewhat embarrassing that the two big gaffes in the Canadian Championship were both done by Canadian players. Still, there is another leg of potential redemption to go.

1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

It’s not often the term “moron” gets used by commentators on a soccer broadcast but the play in question was described as “moronic” during the halftime show by Kristian Jack, and it’s tough to argue against the term. I found it somewhat embarrassing that the two big gaffes in the Canadian Championship were both done by Canadian players. Still, there is another leg of potential redemption to go.

Arguably the two most skilled offensive plays (Osorio's finish, Teibert's lob to Hurtado) also came from Canadians, so let's call it even.

We should just be happy there were some Canadians on the pitch. Vancouver even played more than the minimum. An improvement on years past (see linked twitter thread below, not just the first tweet).

Felipe, Juarez and Techera can all get out of town on the next bus (if there are any buses left running). It was a stupid tackle by Felipe, but his reaction to it bothered me more. 

On another note, what the hell kind of shirt was Herdman wearing? Is Kristian Jack that tall, or is Herdman really under 5 ft tall? 

23 minutes ago, Soro17 said:

Felipe, Juarez and Techera can all get out of town on the next bus (if there are any buses left running). It was a stupid tackle by Felipe, but his reaction to it bothered me more. 

On another note, what the hell kind of shirt was Herdman wearing? Is Kristian Jack that tall, or is Herdman really under 5 ft tall? 

Herdman is not under 5 feet but I don't think he is many inches over it. 

1 hour ago, masster said:

That doesn't change anything in my opinion. Foul, yes. Red card, no.

Do people realized this is exactly the kind of challenge that can lead to broken ankle/leg? If Delgado foot had been planted at the moment of impact, the picture of his leg would've been taken from the hospital. The point of contact is pretty high as well. And if you tell me that's a YC, that pretty much means every player on the field can make at least one tackle like that....

I understand fans frustration because of the importance of the game but it should be directed at Felipe, not the ref IMHO (for that play).

He never went for a foot, he played the ball. And got the ball, also getting the player, very slightly. Who was just fine 35 seconds later. You cannot make up this spin, really, especially from a fan base constantly bitching about being hard done by in MLS, pages and pages of it on the TFC thread.

I mean, you actually convinced yourselves you were hard done by, after analysing the penalty given last MLS match vs. Atlanta. When it was clear, it looked, smelt and was a penalty, or at least there was no evidence it was not. It was more clearly a point to the spot situation than last night's tackle was a red card. 

My experience is that for all their silence and passivity, the Caps fan know their football and did not jeer the ref for 50 minutes for nothing, he was ridiculously bad for Caps.

39 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He never went for a foot, he played the ball. And got the ball, also getting the player, very slightly. Who was just fine 35 seconds later. You cannot make up this spin, really, especially from a fan base constantly bitching about being hard done by in MLS, pages and pages of it on the TFC thread.

I mean, you actually convinced yourselves you were hard done by, after analysing the penalty given last MLS match vs. Atlanta. When it was clear, it looked, smelt and was a penalty, or at least there was no evidence it was not. It was more clearly a point to the spot situation than last night's tackle was a red card. 

My experience is that for all their silence and passivity, the Caps fan know their football and did not jeer the ref for 50 minutes for nothing, he was ridiculously bad for Caps.

Jeffrey's annual regression to peak pomposity is comforting somehow, like a hug from an old relative you haven't seen for a while.

Please do go on about the pages and pages of bitching that other people are doing on this board.

8 hours ago, RS said:

Jeffrey's annual regression to peak pomposity is comforting somehow, like a hug from an old relative you haven't seen for a while.

Please do go on about the pages and pages of bitching that other people are doing on this board.

More like the drunk uncle... ironically guilty of what he rants on about.

When i heard there was controversy yet again in a Canadian Championship i wasn’t surprised to see it was DAVID GANTAR in control or lack thereof.  DAVID GANTAR should not be allowed to ref. It’s apparent he’s horrible and bias.

He always seems to be the person who ruins the match and always to the benefit of TFC - going 3 years straight. Just ask Patrice Bernier who got two reds.  Let’s review:

E8E402E3-3A81-48D2-9680-76056A75ED1B.jpeg

C13F1448-B3AF-4E55-A7F6-CEDEBC74E69A.jpeg

6FBCE70A-A5F8-4A4E-B549-8A10C614E960.jpeg

89F08C21-0DE9-43B0-B3F0-6F4A44E8B80A.jpeg

Here’s another David Gantar classic from 2011:

A TFC fan complains about Gantar in 2015 (1:00-2:15) and how Bradley got fined for voicing his disapproval of Gantar. This explains why eversince then Bradley gets what he wants when he and TFC crowd surf Gantar for a red card. 

3 hours ago, Ruffian said:

That card is very confusing! Is that a red or a yellow?

It’s a worn down red since Gantar used it so much since his early childhood reffing days making some bucks in the rec leagues. The sun’s UV rays have altered its colour 

Archived