2018 Voyageurs Cup

1 hour ago, m-g-williams said:

Anyone else heading to the Fury FC vs. AS Blainville match tomorrow at Lansdowne?

I'll be there. I'm not sure what kind of attendance we'll get, but I think it'll be relatively low for a couple of reasons. Namely:

1) FIFA World Cup is going on, meaning people are generally distracted away from or not paying attention to local clubs.

2) weeknight match does not help.

3) People in Ottawa are still learning about the importance of the V's Cup - so playing a team one division below is not enticing to locals just yet. It's year one of lower league opposition involved, so this will take time.

To people commenting above on the lack of attendance or interest, keep those three points in mind for this year's Voyageurs Cup.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2018 at 12:21 AM, Raven1555362272 said:

This is nuts, for me these matches are much more exciting than any mid season MLS match. Always full of drama and the players are really pumped up. WTF 

Has it always just been three Canadians as a requirement. Was sure it was higher before? At any rate I believe it absolutely should be at least 5. 

Edit: Stark contrast in the Ottawa/TFC game verses Whitecaps/Impact. More Canadian players just in either sides line up than Vancouver and Montreal combined. ?? 

6 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Has it always just been three Canadians as a requirement. Was sure it was higher before? At any rate I believe it absolutely should be at least 5. 

Not only was it not  higher before, the requirement didn't exist until a year or two ago.

4 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Not only was it not  higher before, the requirement didn't exist until a year or two ago.

Thanks! I think that is something that will soon be addressed with the CPL clubs entering the fray. Not least it makes the MLS teams think more Canadian especially as the talent is increasing. 

To be honest 3 is such an insignificant number its almost non existant anyway. 

2 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

works on Safari for mac users. Chrome doesn't work. 

oh yea and there was a goal scored by Osorio

Chrome worked for me on my tablet.  Stream froze at the 93rd minute but other than, that it was OK.  

Hate that turf that they played on!  Ball was bouncing was too high.  And you can tell that players struggle with ball controll as a result.  This even affects the entertainment value of the game because the flow of the game is affected by unnaturalal bounces and struggles to control the ball.

One small thing that we could do to improve the game in this country is too ensure that as few games as possible are played on synthetic surfaces. We need more soccer only stadiums.  Ball controll and touch is a critical point of playing and learning to play the game.  Synthetic turf hinders that. 

Would love to see the whitecaps look to build their venue. 

I would fire Robinson for that performance, especially 2nd half. First half was at least acceptable.

Disgraceful attitude on the pitch, positioning, defensive coverage, and some pure indolence and laziness from his players that he seems fine with. Shea was horrible, and just walked around, Ghazal is a very weak player who does not seem to have the level to be at this level. Blondell showed that there was no way he should have been signed, he was off all night, I prefer Hurtado to that. But overall: if you are going to show so little, you might as well play Canadians who might actually believe in the Cup and make some sacrifice on the pitch. 

But I've been saying this for years now: Carl Robinson is a very low level coach, for me he would have trouble getting anything out of a team in League Two, frankly, the level of managing and tactical nous is again and again, deserving of an F.

Archived