2018 Voyageurs Cup

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Free kick said:

Just saw some news reports that the group in question has taken full responsibility for their actions. That's an encouraging first step. 

LOL but after completely denying it was them a few days earlier. There are hundreds of ultra groups using pyro every week with no problem in stadiums across the world. You have to be complete incompetent idiots to set your own banner on fire. Not to mention that they have really screwed over every other group that uses pyro in North America because every club is going to point to this as an example that pyro is not safe. When an ultra group loses its banner whether stolen or through their own stupidity it is considered that the only honourable action is to disband. A few months ago Boys Koln disbanded when they lost their banner to a Monchengladbach group. Previously a Monchengladbach group also disbanded when a rival group broke into the stadium and into their storage room which wasn't even the fault of the group. Any group with any honour would disband after burning their own banner.

On 7/19/2018 at 2:29 PM, DJT said:

Are last night's games available anywhere on-demand?

On 7/20/2018 at 10:48 PM, Bison44 said:

Are the games online anywhere for those of us who couldnt get the feed to work for more than 3min at a time??  I missed almost all the second half of the TFC Ottawa game.  

I won't be able to watch tomorrow night's games live, has anyone found a way to watch them afterwards?

A very serious performance by the Caps, who controlled throughout, looked better in most parts of the pitch, and even managed what could have been an iffy result. I suppose Impact fans are feeling what we felt after our performance last week, a bit of frustration at the lack of real drive. For me, for Impact, Piette was good and, when he came on, Silva was their best player. I was surprised how little Piatti gave the side. 

For the Caps, players who have been mediocre really did well (Ghazal), and some were excellent, like Reyna I thought. Teibert, Shea, Techera, overall a good performance and for me, deserving finalists.

Happy that Davies will be in another voyageurs Cup final before he head and overseas.. 2 more matches for us to see him!

Hopefully TSN markets the final appropriately.. The prodigy v the mls cup champs.  Could be a good one, they usually are!

Probably best atmosphere all year and a packed house at bc place last night. Great look for the Voyageurs Cup. I think they're will be big interest in the final because 1) the see him while you can atmosphere around Davies is really ratcheting up, 2 people in the skytrain ride home. a Colombian and a Mexican separately asked me about the game and if Davies is really that good. Got to educate 2 people about Canada having its own Cup competition 2) summer in Van is in full swing and DT is packed with tourists and party people, Caps games are a big destination 3) TFC's only game in Vancouver all year

6 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

Probably best atmosphere all year and a packed house at bc place last night. Great look for the Voyageurs Cup. I think they're will be big interest in the final because 1) the see him while you can atmosphere around Davies is really ratcheting up, 2 people in the skytrain ride home. a Colombian and a Mexican separately asked me about the game and if Davies is really that good. Got to educate 2 people about Canada having its own Cup competition 2) summer in Van is in full swing and DT is packed with tourists and party people, Caps games are a big destination 3) TFC's only game in Vancouver all year

I must have watched a different match than most of my compatriots.

The Caps I watched last night played a safe match but squandered chances, miscommunicated regularly, took needless yellows and were one lucky Montreal counter away from going out of the competition. Classic Robbo ball. It's not that they were that good but rather it's that the Impact were positively anemic and look to me to have zero faith in their manager. Blondell was poor again off the bench - I honestly think I would take Jackson -Hamel over him in a heartbeat and let Kamara mentor the out-of-favour Canadian.

Speaking of Jackson, he would have been a great Montreal option to attack the Caps' defense with both CBs on yellows. WTF happened to Piatti?

The stadium I was in last night was heavily tarped, full of newbies and very quiet overall. I'm hoping for improvements in every area vs TFC.

On 7/18/2018 at 6:58 PM, shermanator said:

7 hours ago, nolando said:

I must have watched a different match than most of my compatriots.

The Caps I watched last night played a safe match but squandered chances, miscommunicated regularly, took needless yellows and were one lucky Montreal counter away from going out of the competition. Classic Robbo ball. It's not that they were that good but rather it's that the Impact were positively anemic and look to me to have zero faith in their manager. Blondell was poor again off the bench - I honestly think I would take Jackson -Hamel over him in a heartbeat and let Kamara mentor the out-of-favour Canadian.

Speaking of Jackson, he would have been a great Montreal option to attack the Caps' defense with both CBs on yellows. WTF happened to Piatti?

The stadium I was in last night was heavily tarped, full of newbies and very quiet overall. I'm hoping for improvements in every area vs TFC.

Jackson had a hamstirng problem and couldn't play. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, jonovision said:

TFC played a first choice starting XI yesterday. Vancouver fielded a full on B team. Is this a sign of which team is more interested in winning the Voyageurs Cup this year?

I don’t think so, TFC just afford to drop any points in league play going forward. I’m figure TFC will go all out Wednesday, have some squad rotation for their MLS match Sunday and evaluate the lineup for the second leg depending on what is needed. 

On 8/5/2018 at 3:51 PM, Cblake said:

I don’t think so, TFC just afford to drop any points in league play going forward. I’m figure TFC will go all out Wednesday, have some squad rotation for their MLS match Sunday and evaluate the lineup for the second leg depending on what is needed. 

I think you could see in the first leg: Chapman, Degado, Osorio and Maybe Fraser in midfield.  With Bradley, Vasquez being resting for the second leg and for the match versus NYC.    With his red card in league play, we should see Mavinga starting for both legs. Morgan will probably replace Morrow.  Giovinco plays all the time hence we should see him start both legs.  Altidore, i dont know.   He might come off the bench. 

I'm curious.  Has Techera been cap tied by Uruguay?  He seems to play well with Davies, and has the speed to keep up.  Would be fun to have an addition like him to the Canadian side.  As far as I can find it does not seem he has been cap tied.

Archived