2018 Voyageurs Cup

15 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

Here’s another David Gantar classic from 2011:

A TFC fan complains about Gantar in 2015 (1:00-2:15) and how Bradley got fined for voicing his disapproval of Gantar. This explains why eversince then Bradley gets what he wants when he and TFC crowd surf Gantar for a red card. 

So with Gantar TFC gets what they want, he does  their bidding?

All you TFC dans have to do is admit the team was a sham, Osorio was worse than Teibert and the red was harsh.  Just this once. But it's like finding 3 just men in Gomorrah with you guys.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

So with Gantar TFC gets what they want, he does  their bidding?

All you TFC dans have to do is admit the team was a sham, Osorio was worse than Teibert and the red was harsh.  Just this once. But it's like finding 3 just men in Gomorrah with you guys.

As one of the poster who's defending Gantar decision regarding Felipe, I just want to say that I'm not a TFC fan. Just a MNT fan who has an interest in the Voyageurs Cup because I can watch some canadian players.

I also agree that Teibert had a better game than Osorio. 

And for the record, it's the Caps fans who I think are lacking objectivity here. You sound like poor Carl Robinson who always find a way to blame the ref to cover his own failures.

1 hour ago, Dub Narcotic said:

Wolves-Everton just saw a very similar red card to Everton when Phil Jagielka overran the ball and got his studs up.

Wow!   I came here to this thread to post the exact same thing.  Sure enough, someone beat me to it.   Yes,. I thought it was the exact same.  In both instances the cleats were showing.  The panel on the post game agreed that it was a justified red for Jagielka. 

https://www.whitecapsfc.com/post/2018/08/09/robinson-performance-wise-weve-been-excellent?autoplay=true

"Last year, in the final, the same ref sent off Montreal's best player, Patrice Bernier, with the same TFC player rolling around, so it was like deja vu"

http://aftn.ca/a-fuming-carl-robinson-rips-referee-david-gantar-after-whitecaps-hurt-by-what-he-feels-were-contentious-decisions/

Preparing for the second leg, let's see if the CSA let's us play 11 on 11 this time and we can repeat what we did tonight against Portland. Or what NYC does tomorrow ?

17 hours ago, Free kick said:

Wow!   I came here to this thread to post the exact same thing.  Sure enough, someone beat me to it.   Yes,. I thought it was the exact same.  In both instances the cleats were showing.  The panel on the post game agreed that it was a justified red for Jagielka. 

This morning, Ian Wright and Robbie Fowler were both of the opinion that the Jagielka red was harsh. Personally, I like red for those sorts of fouls, but I’m not sure it is as clear cut as some are making it out to be.

Have we heard for sure that both are out? David Norman is the other Canadian player to get minutes during the tournament for the Whitecaps. I suppose they could also find a way to fit both De Jong and Levis into the linup on the left side, though I'm not sure of Levis' injury status after Saturday.

1 hour ago, Keegan said:

With Henry and Davies out what is Vancouver going to do for their Canadians?  De Jong, Teibert and ... ?

My understanding is both players made the trip and may still play. Henry apparently punched a wall after the last game so a hand injury

Archived