2018 Voyageurs Cup

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that Robinson is still coaching after disrespecting the club and the owner by doing television work the day after a loss is hilarious. There used to be a debate over Robinson vs. Rennie in the Whitecaps manager rankings, pretty soon we will be talking about Robinson vs. Soehn. 

48 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I would fire Robinson for that performance, especially 2nd half. First half was at least acceptable.

Disgraceful attitude on the pitch, positioning, defensive coverage, and some pure indolence and laziness from his players that he seems fine with. Shea was horrible, and just walked around, Ghazal is a very weak player who does not seem to have the level to be at this level. Blondell showed that there was no way he should have been signed, he was off all night, I prefer Hurtado to that. But overall: if you are going to show so little, you might as well play Canadians who might actually believe in the Cup and make some sacrifice on the pitch. 

But I've been saying this for years now: Carl Robinson is a very low level coach, for me he would have trouble getting anything out of a team in League Two, frankly, the level of managing and tactical nous is again and again, deserving of an F.

I take it you weren't impressed with the level of urgency to equalize? I only managed to catch the last 15 minutes and the Caps' game plan appeared to be to pass it around in their own half and hope Maund could make a pass forward. Never a good plan. Pathetic. I bet Robbo told them to keep it at 1-0 and call it a day. 

27 minutes ago, Soro17 said:

I take it you weren't impressed with the level of urgency to equalize? I only managed to catch the last 15 minutes and the Caps' game plan appeared to be to pass it around in their own half and hope Maund could make a pass forward. Never a good plan. Pathetic. I bet Robbo told them to keep it at 1-0 and call it a day. 

The whole game was a joke. Couldn't agree more with U.T. or Dub. I am someone that has defended Robinson in terms of deserving more time. The team has at best inched forward but looks like its sliding backwards now. That happens in football and consistency can win though in terms of keeping a settled coaching/management team. However we have the deepest squad we have had in my opinion and its full of capable attacking players. He has sucked the life out of the team. You can't even say he has lost the dressing room, he has made them as comfy and complacent as he and the entire upper echelon of the club has been for years. 

The Board are happy and won't change, why would they? Its the perfect situation. They have someone that players like, that wont cause a fuss that he isn't backed as he should be financially for DP's. He will keep the team meddling around the playoff area and won't command big wages. If he does leave I can't see there being any ambition to get a better coach in. 

I am understanding if the money isn't there with the ownership and if the pockets aren't deep enough but if that is the case stop blocking the clubs potential and seek outside investment or sell up to someone that will back the club properly. 

44 minutes ago, admin said:

Who is we?

Club shit is club shit. 

No one should be making statements ala the Vs on this.

Delete that ASAP

"The Voyageurs, opinionless and non-offensive (unless that offends you?) since 1996."

4 hours ago, stevieeatworld said:

This.

I'm rather embarrassed about the Voyageurs twitter statement. 

Blown out of proportion or no, the scenes from Ottawa don't make good press for families thinking about buying season tickets in Hamilton or elsewhere in CanPL.

I liked the statement and was happy to see it on my Twitter feed this morning.

5 hours ago, jpg75 said:

"The Voyageurs, opinionless and non-offensive (unless that offends you?) since 1996."

You don't use our Twitter account to make a statement about a club sg especially when the person doing it is in the opposing team's supporters section.

Use your club sg Twitter account for that. Not ours

16 minutes ago, admin said:

You don't use our Twitter account to make a statement about a club sg especially when the person doing it is in the opposing team's supporters section.

Use your club sg Twitter account for that. Not ours

How about letting one of the TFC supporters use the V's twitter to troll the Fury supporters for being douchey?

- + - = +

I felt it was the right thing to do. Alcohol may have somewhat hindered my good judgement. ;) My bad. The statement has since been deleted.

Didn't want to start a supporters group war - I simply felt that since the cup bears our name that we should remind everyone not to get to the point of open flames and pitches on fire. And this is from someone who generally likes a bit of pyro! 

Apologies to anybody offended. You can blame me.

Won't be be posting about anything club related again under the V's name... (as it should be). As @admin stated, we've got to be able to bring all fans together to fill our section on #CanMNT game days. A schism is the last thing we want or need.

With the CPL and 2026 coming, it just didn't look great for supporter culture in Canada in general and made the main headlines for CTV Ottawa.

24 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I felt it was the right thing to do. My bad. The statement has since been deleted.

Didn't want to start supporters group war - I simply felt that since the cup bears our name that we should remind everyone not to get to the point of open flames and pitches on fire.

Apologies to anybody offended. You can blame me.

Won't be be posting about anything club related again under the V's name... (as it should be). As @admin stated. We've got to be able to bring all fans together to fill out our section on #CanMNT game days. A schism is the last thing we want.

Absolutely no worries.  This was beyond anything any of us are used to.

It scared the crap out of people, and the police were still there at 2am doing CSI stuff

This is not going to end well.

30 minutes ago, zeelaw1555362314 said:

What are the chances of any stadium wide sanctions at BMO next week?

TFC front office has sanctioned them before.. (not that you don't know that)

I guess my point is, they know this an isolated incident with a group of people which they have dealt with / refuse to deal with before. I can't imagine in the middle of a downward swing for TFC that they would punish everyone.

Or, they do punish everyone to get everyone to turn on the supporters. 

Or Canada Soccer does it and it's out of TFC's hands. 

Or, more likely, TFC directs Canada Soccer's scorn towards the appropriate party.

13 hours ago, toontownman said:

Thanks! I think that is something that will soon be addressed with the CPL clubs entering the fray. Not least it makes the MLS teams think more Canadian especially as the talent is increasing. 

To be honest 3 is such an insignificant number its almost non existant anyway. 

I doubt that it will grow much higher than 3......maybe to four but in the words of Michael Palin in Monty Python and the Holy Grail "Five is right out!" I just don't think the MLS teams will agree to that and I'm not sure the CSA will even push for it. Both Ottawa & Toronto easily beat the 3 Canuck starter rule last night without the need for the CSA to force them. Nigel Reed miscounted by the way when he said there were 5  and a half Canadians starting for TFC, with the "half' being Akinola who he said should count as a Canadian for the Canadian Championship, even though TFC didn't have a Canadian flag next to his name when they announced the starting line-up (unlike Osorio, Chapman, Morgan, Fraser, Johnson and Telfer, who of course are already 6 players without counting Akinola).

I wasn't impressed by Herdman's comment which made it sound like TFC were using so many Canadians this year against their will......yeah the team has had a lot of injuries of course and mostly to non-Canadian players, on the other hand the likes of Osorio, Chapman and Fraser have got playing time because they outperformed the likes of Aketxe (and one might add Delgado, another player who has been poor in comparison to his 2017 self) rather than purely because of injuries.

12 hours ago, Free kick said:

Chrome worked for me on my tablet.  Stream froze at the 93rd minute but other than, that it was OK.  

Hate that turf that they played on!  Ball was bouncing was too high.  And you can tell that players struggle with ball controll as a result.  This even affects the entertainment value of the game because the flow of the game is affected by unnaturalal bounces and struggles to control the ball.

One small thing that we could do to improve the game in this country is too ensure that as few games as possible are played on synthetic surfaces. We need more soccer only stadiums.  Ball controll and touch is a critical point of playing and learning to play the game.  Synthetic turf hinders that. 

Would love to see the whitecaps look to build their venue. 

I agree, that turf in Ottawa was actually making me glad that this game wasn't broadcast on tv for the general public to see. It was a poor-quality game for the reasons you state. I hope the CPL is putting grass in most of their stadiums or at least turf that is much better than what is in Ottawa presently.

12 hours ago, Free kick said:

Hate that turf that they played on!  Ball was bouncing was too high.  And you can tell that players struggle with ball controll as a result.  This even affects the entertainment value of the game because the flow of the game is affected by unnaturalal bounces and struggles to control the ball.One small thing that we could do to improve the game in this country is too ensure that as few games as possible are played on synthetic surfaces. We need more soccer only stadiums.  Ball controll and touch is a critical point of playing and learning to play the game. 

Man I agree with every word. 

It was horrible to watch, and I imagine to play on. 

North American game is played so fast, passes are fast, defenders close down space fast.... And when the ball is abnormally bouncing on a simple pass it makes the game that more difficult. 

1 hour ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Man I agree with every word. 

It was horrible to watch, and I imagine to play on. 

North American game is played so fast, passes are fast, defenders close down space fast.... And when the ball is abnormally bouncing on a simple pass it makes the game that more difficult. 

Although the field at TD is fast I’ve never heard anything about it not being true.

Archived