General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

20 minutes ago, Grandbloke said:

No. If Cavallini can do well in Liga MX, I will consider him to be our number one striker because he's playing in a somewhat higher caliber league.

I dunno, Altidore's scoring was shit in all but 1 of the 4 European leagues he was in and he's awesome in MLS and for the USMNT. ;)

Edited by matty

14 minutes ago, Scorpion26 said:

For me Cavallini, Larin, and AJH are evenly matched none really has taken the lead....

Rickett is fourth place

@matty to be fair he played for Sunderland and Hull City in England.... plus played for Villareal who didn't really play him much any ways....

Depends on the competition really. Are we going to have a lot of the ball? Larin. Otherwise? Cavallini.

23 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

Depends on the competition really. Are we going to have a lot of the ball? Larin. Otherwise? Cavallini.

True post....

At same time perhaps having a consistent striker up top one or i would prefer to see two up top some way. However with these three battling and future up and comers entering this will help create depth....

1 hour ago, DannyFromToronto23 said:

I got  FIFA 18 early and it says tabla is from the Ivory Coast and Davies isn't even in the game 

but they added the german third division so stanese and straith are in 

Cavallini , Kaye are in  

IMG_1662.JPG

Little late to the party aren't you

3 hours ago, SpecialK said:

If Mauro Biello gets fired at the end of season, the CSA should hire him for U20 team head coaching job. I'm curious what everyone thinks.

Also it would awesome if they could get Mark Watson to be the  assistant/ associate coach. 

Interesting post, but not so sure he the guy for a youth team. Although I can be wrong.

5 hours ago, SpecialK said:

If Mauro Biello gets fired at the end of season, the CSA should hire him for U20 team head coaching job. I'm curious what everyone thinks.

Also it would awesome if they could get Mark Watson to be the  assistant/ associate coach. 

I hope Montreal don't sack him and if they did I'd personally prefer to see him continue at the club level if possible.

Watson I'd also like to see with a club but am more open to seeing him join the national team set-up.

12 hours ago, Mike Thompson said:

The CSA Front Office is so useless, I called to ask when the squad would be announced and the lady who answered at the reception didn't have a clue, transferred me to a different department and the guy put me on hold for over 10 minutes! I just hung up, like WTF 

I doubt they want to become an info desk for anybody to call into.

12 hours ago, Mike Thompson said:

The CSA Front Office is so useless, I called to ask when the squad would be announced and the lady who answered at the reception didn't have a clue, transferred me to a different department and the guy put me on hold for over 10 minutes! I just hung up, like WTF 

Did you call the administrative office in Ottawa?

Well Canada has put out the called players and wow Elva is there...

Will be interesting to see who starts and who gets to play overall. 

What would of been nice is having a second game to switch up starters.... 

Second game will be great for all FIFA friendlies seriously the CSA/OZ should get that going.....

13 minutes ago, Mike Thompson said:

Yes, 0/5 would not recommend :lol: lol 

Was that good of me to do? Or should I have called the technical office instead to get that information 

The administrative office would not have information like that readily at hand, especially not the poor person answering the phone. You could try the technical office but again, the person answering the phones would probably not have that information and would be reluctant to make a habit of putting anyone who calls in touch with those who do. The rosters are released at about the same time every camp but as the CSA has explained before, there's always issues with player status and clubs which can sometime delay things.