General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

1 hour ago, harrycoyster said:

Player issues aside, early 2018 is very, very late if there are ownership groups that plan on building infrastructure. Remember, even small pop-up stadiums typically take 3 months of construction and nobody is going to start building in winter. Teams also need training facilities.

I hope they don't launch before they have all their pieces on the board. Having CPL players train on high school pitches and playing in stadiums that are way too small or way too big isn't a great look...and I think we all agree the launch will be absolutely vital to drawing national attention. 

I get you....

However at the same time getting the league up and running is also good. Having good place to play, but with already plans to start building stadiums for some teams that don't have a stadium. No matter the situation if they got a team starting in the league they would still have to wait and build the stadium. Similar to how MLS started in 96. Sacrifices for some teams will have to be made as they grow the league and build these stadiums. We got to hope these big money players will make huge investments for this league and be patient for the returned profits in the far future. CPL will slowly impact CMNT no doubt and if they got the six team which I believe would be teams with CFL stadiums or other decent stadiums while a year or 2 years for stadium to be properly built. I feel they get it started August 2018 and with a model similar to MLS... 

They do have a bit of momentum right now and excitement which would be increased even higher with WC just having ended a month or so....

Edited by Scorpion26

3 minutes ago, Scorpion26 said:

I get you....

However at the same time getting the league up and running is also good. Having good place to play, but with already plans to start building stadiums for some teams that don't have a stadium. No matter the situation if they got a team starting in the league they would still have to wait and build the stadium. Similar to how MLS started in 96. Sacrifices for some teams will have to be made as they grow the league and build these stadiums. We got to hope these big money players will make huge investments for this league and be patient for the returned profits in the far future. CPL will slowly impact CMNT no doubt and if they got the six team which I believe would be teams with CFL stadiums or other decent stadiums while a year or 2 years for stadium to be properly built. I feel they get it started August 2018 and with a model similar to MLS... 

If there is anything to learn from the formation of MLS, it's don't start your league until you have the supporting infrastructure. It's literally the main reason the league almost folded in '99 and again in '01.

Edited by harrycoyster

1 minute ago, harrycoyster said:

If there is anything to learn from the formation of MLS, it's don't start your league until you have the supporting infrastructure. It's literally the main reason the league almost folded in '99 and again in '01.

I get you but at the same time they could make moves to prevent this situation as well. They must know the kind of sacrifice this will take on their money and will have to push on to make it happen. Plus with six teams starting I'm sure they can manage.

18 minutes ago, matty said:

Random Thought of the Day: For Camp Poutine 2018, the CanMNT should play a nation or two hit by the hurricanes as a way of helping the region return to normality.

That would be a nice gesture to give all the raised money to help families in the Caribbean...

14 hours ago, matty said:

Random Thought of the Day: For Camp Poutine 2018, the CanMNT should play a nation or two hit by the hurricanes as a way of helping the region return to normality.

I don't know if bashing Dominica, Puerto Rico or the US Virgin Islands will help their morale. It is a good thought though (Its the thought that counts!).

6 minutes ago, Ansem said:

But AJH scores for the national team. Larin is too unidimensional for me "national team wise"

I know but I've been kind of iffy on his goals so far because of who they were against (Bermuda has a B team!) and where. I'd like to see him in more games against the latin teams  before bouncing him up fully. Larin.....confuses me with the national team like are we not using him right, does he not care about friendlies?

Just now, matty said:

Bermuda did give us a bit of a run

True. Knowing us we'll probably find a way to concede a couple against these minnows. When Straith had to go in goal for Melvin I was convinced he would screw up and we would find a way to lose. He actually made a good save. Straith should consider switching positions :P